I Need A Hug...or Space To Have A Breakdown...

Decorating By justfrosting Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 6:11pm by AJsGirl

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 15

Nothing to do with Caking...

Last weekend my mother died. We live in OK and she lived in central FL. We loaded up out four children and spent a lot of gas money to get down there for the funeral.

The first night, after we checked into our hotel and went to bed, our van and all our belongings were stolen. The next morning, we called the police, insurance, rented a car, cancelled credit cards and froze bank account information and finished out the funeral.

We drove 1200 miles back to OK and were told the insurance would cover everything. Yea.

Found out today the police found the car, and we have to drive all the way back to FL to get it out of impound.

At this point, I am out about 4,000 dollars. All this and we are still paying on hospital bills from my 3 year old being in the hospital for a month and 1/2 in Feb and March.

I am poor and stressed and am out of money.

14 replies
SaraO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraO Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 15

Wow! I don't know what to say except that really sucks! I am so sorry you are in that situation. I hope you and your family can stick together and make it through this tough time as a team. I will be praying for you.

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 15

Did I mention my purse was stolen last night from a meeting and I have a abcess tooth?

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 15

"hugs"
i am so sorry for your loss. icon_redface.gif that is so awful to hear. i can understand why you need a hug. ouch.gif i pray you will be comforted. my thoughts are with you. thumbs_up.gif

Ladybug6509 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladybug6509 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:47pm
post #5 of 15

Wow the saying "when it rains, it pours" is definately true in your case. Many hugs to you and a few boxes of kleenex. Your CC group is behind you!

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:48pm
post #6 of 15

justfrosting...my heart and prayers go out to you and your family...i am not sure what i can do for you...but if you need anything let me know...we are all here for you....

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:48pm
post #7 of 15

Big (((0)) hugs to you. I am so sorry for all your losses. I pray that God will restore unto you seven fold whatever you have lost and may your mother's soul rest in perfect peace.

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:53pm
post #8 of 15

justfrosting-

Bear Hugs to you, friend! I am so sorry for your loss, and for all that you have had to endure these past few months. I hope that your life finds blessings beyond measure very soon.

Sincerely,

bambuf (an Okie too!)

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:53pm
post #9 of 15

Justfrosting,

I am so sorry to hear about all of these unfortunate things happening all at once. I know sometimes we just need to go into a dark room and cuddle up to ourselves with a blanket and have some time to just be. I will pray for you and your family. Please know we are all here for you and thinking of you.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:55pm
post #10 of 15

Oh my goodness my friend... Please know that my family is sending you tons of prayers!!! And some big hugs.. that you definately need!!! At this time of need and loss (of everything it seems) you need a shoulder to cry on .. if you ever need a thing please hollar at me in a pm and I'll give you my number!!! If there is ANYTHING the Goatley's can do for you please do not hesitate to ask !!!

((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:56pm
post #11 of 15

life can really suck at times. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. {{{{hugs}}}}

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:56pm
post #12 of 15

Im sure that you will find the strength to pull through.. as someone said earlier in the forum... anything you need, let us know and we will help you out as much as we can. It is true... when it rains it pours... but honey when it pours, go outside and relish in the rain, let it wash away all your sorrows...
you mom would not want to see you hurting that i am sure, and i am sure that she is greatful that you made the trip to say your farewells.
remember that material things can be replaced, but family and love can not be stolen nor lost.
HUGS from me and the DH...

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 9:00pm
post #13 of 15

So very sorry for your loss and misfortune. Praying for you....

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:20pm
post #14 of 15

Oh, my gosh! I am so sorry all this has happened. I know that you must feel overwhelemed. I hope things settle down soon.

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 6:11pm
post #15 of 15

Wowee Zowee, that's too much all at one time! That is sooo not fair. Sending positive vibes your way, so that everything will get resolved and you will be put whole again, monetarily at least.

My condolences on the loss of your mother.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%