Question About Cookie Pricing

Baking By paintinggrams Updated 31 Aug 2008 , 9:09pm by bobwonderbuns

paintinggrams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paintinggrams Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 12:05am
post #1 of 9

I am starting to get inquiries about my cookies and what I charge and am wondering what everybodies formula is for pricing. I know I have read in the past a dollar per inch. I assuming this is based on which ever is the longest the width or height for example if a cookie is 4"by 3" you would charge $4. Is this how everybody does it. Any direction anyone can give me I would greatly appreciate. Thanks Lynda

8 replies
Ro40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ro40 Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 12:57pm
post #2 of 9

I have been starting to price that way as well. If they want a lot of detailing on the cookie then I go up in price. I find that most cookie cutters are 3-4 inches so the majority of my cookies are priced at $3.50 each. I then charge 25 cents per cookie for the bag, ribbon and favor tag. Good luck!

SweetTsBakeshop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTsBakeshop Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 9

Hi Lynda,

I have not heard about the pricing per inch, but have started pricing fairly since I do this out of my home, I do not have any overhead costs, employees, etc. My cookies start at $2.00 each with a min 2 dozen order with the most basic of poured icing and then go up from there depending on the detail. I just completed an order of spring animals and charged $3.25 per cookie. Maybe I am undercharging, but I am happy with the return so far! I would be interested to know any sources you could offer for cookie pricing and such....thanks! T

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:41pm
post #4 of 9

I don't price my cookies per inch. Mine are actually priced pretty low according to others but some customers think that is too high. My prices are $1.50 each which includes the bagging and curling ribbon. If I do anything over 4" then I would charge $2.50 each.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 9

agentcakebaker, you have a cookies by design in Marietta, just 41 minutes from you (per mapquest); one in roswell (35 mins away); woodstock (49 mins); and one in Tyrone (47 mins). They are that close to you and they get $7-$8 per cookie. That means there ARE people in your area who are willing to pay a quality price for a quality cookie.

kelsiedelizzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelsiedelizzle Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 9:07pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

agentcakebaker, you have a cookies by design in Marietta, just 41 minutes from you (per mapquest); one in roswell (35 mins away); woodstock (49 mins); and one in Tyrone (47 mins). They are that close to you and they get $7-$8 per cookie. That means there ARE people in your area who are willing to pay a quality price for a quality cookie.

My grandparents live in that area, and they'll tell you that stuff is pretty expensive in north ATL. South of atlanta, where I live, I couldn't get prices like that anywhere near...

samcfi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samcfi Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 6:14pm
post #7 of 9

My local public library just placed an order for 100 sports cookies. They looked at me like I was crazy when I wanted $1 each!!! (I ended up giving them a price of $75.

SweetTsBakeshop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTsBakeshop Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 7:07pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcfi

My local public library just placed an order for 100 sports cookies. They looked at me like I was crazy when I wanted $1 each!!! (I ended up giving them a price of $75.

Is there a reason you didn't decline the order? The time spent doing 100 cookies is worth twice that. I hope you are able to bring brochures and advertise in the library since they are getting a real deal.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 9:09pm
post #9 of 9

Do we know the outcome here?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%