Hey Nglez09-Where's The Cake?

Decorating By JoAnnB Updated 9 Jan 2007 , 4:13am by nglez09

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 5:47am
post #31 of 55

I didn't get any camera in November and I guess my friend forgot to send it! icon_mad.gif Really sorry; I too am impatiently waiting. I'll try to get it tomorrow. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 5:52am
post #32 of 55

geeze people, give the kid a break, he said he's post it when he got it. seems like some of you are doubtful?

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 5:53am
post #33 of 55

OK, Nic, you're going to have to do a bio for us sometime so we can all get to know you. I'm still fascinated that you enjoy doing this. Most 15YO guys are more interested in eating the cake than making it. My husband's idea of cooking for the kids is Cheerios and milk. My hat is off to you for tackling such a hobby! thumbs_up.gif

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 6:03am
post #34 of 55

Ok at least he goes to study hall. My son gets detensions and suspentions or Sat. school in study hall icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif Long story on that one. Let use just say personality conflict icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif They can go to the library and do homework on the computers here also. Unless you have a teacher fromH***. My son love cakes also. He tried to do some decorating with me one day but that lasted about 5 minutes. He loves to cook. But he would be the duff that blows them up icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif And for lost pics I can relate to that one. I have a crappy camera. I made an AWESOME CARS cake for nephew this ummer and I swear I took at least 2 rolls on film. NONE TURNED OUT icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif And my nephew took pics on his phone and his phone dropped and broke there went the pic. I recreated the cake for great nephew B-Day and once again took tons of pics and icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif NONE turned out Thank god for the G-Ma she took a ton of pics on her digital. And I got a pic. So I wish you luck on retrieving a pic of your cake. And to date myself like another one. I graduated in 81. Small school we had 5 computer in the school. One in the office, One for the principal, and 2 in computer lab. Unless you were a brain nobody knew anything about them. I am still a computer DUMMY icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

Gefion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gefion Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 6:19am
post #35 of 55

I don't understand - was this post made solely for mocking? That's not very nice, but maybe I got it all wrong. Maybe it was a true interest in this cake. Just doesn't seem like it.

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 6:21am
post #36 of 55

Being the age of technology you can email from almost anywhere. I send emails to my frineds and they reply via blackberry within minutes.
I am facinated that I have posted as much as I do with all that I have going on. You can TM in class now also!
When you get the pics let us know either way hope you had fun doin the cake!!

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 6:22am
post #37 of 55

You know what? I can understand Nick not being able to post the photos right away. Things happen. I can understand everyone wanting to see the photos. I love to see EVERYONE'S photos. If someone has been talking about doing a special cake or first time cake then I get excited for them and really want to see the photos too.

What I don't understand is why several people act as if they don't believe he can decorate a cake or that he is a 15 year old in school. Why is that?

Most teens these days are on the computer all the time. At least the ones I know. When they find something they love they really spend every free minute there.

Look at all the crazy things that happy to teens when they post in the wrong places. At least Nick has found a nice safe place to post and spend his free time.

I think it is wonderful he has the interest and desire to post here, ask questions and give his points of view.

I'm just thinking that with some of the questionable posts towards him he is not even going to want to post here anymore. I know I wouldn't if people questioned me and my honesty.

Would you??????????

kaychristensen Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 6:46am
post #38 of 55

JoanneK I AGREE Ok is he some kind of creep that goes after girls?? most of us on this sight have kids his age or older. So why bash him?? Give him a break. I was on here alot with my CARS cake and no one was as interested in it as everyone is about his. (Ok it wasn't a WEDDING cake) icon_redface.gif And I lost tons of film icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Things happen. Maybe there is something going on we don't know about. But give the kiddo a break. Like I said at least he goes to STUDY HALL thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 6:52am
post #39 of 55

Give him some space...

Let him post the pictures whenever he can without hounding him and questioning his integrity.

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 7:29am
post #40 of 55

Ok, calm down. We are not mocking him, we do this is jest. From the time I have communicated with him he seems to have an excellent sense of humor.

I can speak for myself, I do have a true interest in the picture. I want to support him in his work. It's no big deal that he is a 15 yr old boy. My son would have loved to have decorated cakes at 15.

There are some of us that have taken an interest in him. He's very witty and humorous. Most of his post make me laugh and I wonder how he comes up with the comebacks he does. And, he has offered great tidbits.

I feel comfortable to make wise cracks at him as I hope he does with me. I don't think there is a member of CC that would be offessive intentionally.

kaychristensen Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 7:34am
post #41 of 55

Sorry the post just looked weird cause I saw another post where he was bashed. Maybe someone else was jokin him there also. I just didn't want that to happen here thumbs_up.gif Cause I been there done that with the pics icon_cry.gif I hope no hard feelins thumbs_up.gif

Janette Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 7:45am
post #42 of 55

I've seen a few joking with him, but then he's really good at giving it back. Like the time he made cracks about my age. Didn't bother me in the least. I just teased him about being a smarty.

When I see him post I know I'm going to be laughing.

Gefion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gefion Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 12:57pm
post #43 of 55

Everything is okay then icon_smile.gif I just thought there were a few nasty posts - it did not look like joking at all.

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 1:19pm
post #44 of 55

Funny - I was thinking of making this same post yesterday but I was not sure which day the event was! icon_smile.gif

I think those of us interested do not doubt his talent or ability because of his age or gender. I was selling tiered wedding-style cakes at his age as well (anniversary, graduation, birthdays. etc) so I am quite confident of his ability. But I guess since some of us have recently gotten to know him and his personality a bit more and we know he has been very excited to do this cake as it will be his first "real" cake posting we just want to let him know we are just as excited to see it as he is to post it. And I think that excitement is not because of his age/gender it's just because we were recently talking about it.

hsdwidow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsdwidow Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 1:49pm
post #45 of 55

I made a wishing well cake in April for a Jack and Jill party. It was my best work. I took shots from every angle with my neice's camera. I had talked about the cake to plenty of people. It took me harassing her to finally get the pictures last month. I did it in a joking way but I made sure I mentioned it to her every time we spoke. If he's dealing with the same kind of people (loving family who are busy with the things they think are important), then I'd have to say we'll see the pictures in about the same time he makes his own wedding cake. LOL!
Brenda usaribbon.gif

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 1:57pm
post #46 of 55

Yep..he's a smarty alright..but I guess we do have to remember that N is young and will do whatever he does because of his or her age...

I'm sure we can all remember ourselves at that age.

I can understand people's frustration, as he is ALWAYS online asking questions and making his comeback comments ...almost every single day and the day of his big debut

nothing....

silence

and no picture....

so ...whatever reason..camera malfunction...forgeting to take the actual picture or NOT making the cake...people are just wondering after the big build up.

but...as everything..the proof is in the pudding isn't it?

Good , bad or indifferent..it's like being told as a child we are going to see Mickey Mouse...the excitement builds and builds and we can't wait to leave.....

and as each hour , day passes, we become more and more dissapointed...lol

that finally, when the picture posts...it's almost ...

ANTI CLIMATIC!!

But, yes...looking foward to the photos! Maybe I can revive my son's interest in cake decorating...Now...HE was an amazing cake decorator..even at the age of 8, when he was making gumpaste flowers and was invited to an ICES meeting to show the ladies how he did them.

Talent and ability know no age.

janbabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janbabe Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 2:11pm
post #47 of 55

I think this post has gone on far too long and started to go way of track.

I'm sure if and when he decides to post a pic of the cake we all will be the first to see it!

janbabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janbabe Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 2:11pm
post #48 of 55

I think this post has gone on far too long and started to go way of track.

I'm sure if and when he decides to post a pic of the cake we all will be the first to see it!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 2:20pm
post #49 of 55

I agree RisqueBusiness, such a big build up then he dropped out of sight. I think it's great he has a intrest in cake decorating and he's probably a lot better at it then I am but as the old saying goes "A picture is worth a thousand words". I also agree with everyone else if he's going to dish it out he's going to have to take some ribbing too. On the off chance there is no photo or no cake for that matter (and I'm not saying there isn't) just be up front and say so then everyone can drop it and move on. Just my 2 cents.

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 2:40pm
post #50 of 55

detective.gif

Hmmmmmm Boy this thread has got everyone's curiosity.

What's the saying????

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 2:40pm
post #51 of 55

Good Lord - it's only been a day! I have some cakes I don't get pictures up for weeks - a little patience ladies. icon_wink.gif

I often have cake-hangovers after a big job and don't want to think anything cake for awhile.....

nglez09 Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 6:44pm
post #52 of 55

Okay, I think the site was down or something so I couldn't post.

I got the e-mail with the pictures though. FINALLY; it was e-mailed this morning. But since I'm at school I can't put them up because you can't download .jpg files from an e-mail for some odd reason. icon_confused.gif

Yes, I made a cake and yes I'm going to post it. But it'll probably be around 4:20 Pacific Time because that's when I get home.

Sorry for any confusion.

And most posts didn't offend me at all. thumbs_up.gif

But you can really only joke with those with whom you confide that "trust". . . icon_biggrin.gif

nglez09 Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 6:45pm
post #53 of 55

Okay, I think the site was down or something so I couldn't post.

I got the e-mail with the pictures though. FINALLY; it was e-mailed this morning. But since I'm at school I can't put them up because you can't download .jpg files from an e-mail for some odd reason. icon_confused.gif

Yes, I made a cake and yes I'm going to post it. But it'll probably be around 4:20 Pacific Time because that's when I get home.

Sorry for any confusion.

And most posts didn't offend me at all. thumbs_up.gif

But you can really only joke with those with whom you confide that "trust". . . icon_biggrin.gif

Janette Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 7:13pm
post #54 of 55

Hey, nz

You are so wise for your age, I love your comment. I'm going to remember and use it.

But you can really only joke with those with whom you confide that "trust

If I am on a thread and there are post that bother me I just leave and move to another thread. Kind of like changing the channel. Why should others have to walk on egg shells because one member may not be comfortable with it.

There is not a problem with the person writing the post and not a problem with nz then what's the problem? Change the channel.

nglez09 Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 4:13am
post #55 of 55

I didn't post it NOOWW because the site was down and I left at 5 so that wasn't my fault. I'm going to make a thread though with the picture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%