Anyone Get New Cake Toys For Christmas?

Decorating By justfrosting Updated 29 Dec 2006 , 8:39am by tammylenz

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 9:43pm
post #1 of 88

I did! My children pooled their pennies and bought me an icing comb icon_wink.gif

87 replies
bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 88

No cake toys....YET! Little Brother got me a gift card for Hobby Lobby and I read here today that they have 40% off Wilton this week! Now, let's see....my son got us a gift card to a Japanese Restaurant that just happens to be in the same town as the Hobby Lobby. I'm thinkin'......DATE NIGHT!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Beth in KY

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 88

A DVD for working with fondant and gumpaste, cake dummies, large silicone mat, cutters, and satin ice. Also a nice oak cabinet to sit my edible printer on. It has plenty of room for supplies underneath. Also about $100 in gift cards to Michaels!

emmiepeterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmiepeterson Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 9:53pm
post #4 of 88

My husband did get me a laptop!Now I can surf cake central the three hours,three times a week that I am sitting at swim team practice with the kids.Yeah!

Emily

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 9:54pm
post #5 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by justfrosting

I did! My children pooled their pennies and bought me an icing comb icon_wink.gif

awwwwwwwwww that's soooo sweet icon_smile.gif

jwong9664 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jwong9664 Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 9:57pm
post #6 of 88

all i asked for was cake stuff... and santa was fantastic to me!!! i got an airbrush and a KA from my bf, and a deep freezer from my parents yay! i'm so excited, you have no idea! merry christmas everyone, hope santa was good to you too icon_biggrin.gif

neni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neni Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 10:24pm
post #7 of 88

I got a new mixer, the Cooks brand 700W. I was so excited when I opened it! I can't wait to use it. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday

misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 10:25pm
post #8 of 88

I got two new cake stands from my mother and my husband bought me much needed gumpaste tools! I just started exporing gumpaste and it will be nice to have the correct tools. Jewelery designing is my other love so my family indulged me there too!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 10:43pm
post #9 of 88

well I knew I had been good, but I didnt know how good until Santa came!! I got a silpat mat, two Debbie Brown books, and a sugarveil icing kit (YES!!!!) Of course there were lots of goodies but those were my cake toys!!

belindajax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
belindajax Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 10:53pm
post #10 of 88

My husband got me an airbrush. I was completely surprised. I had no idea he even knew that you could use one for cake decorating. He said he figured I needed one because Duff had one. icon_biggrin.gif

Monica_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica_ Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 11:01pm
post #11 of 88

My parents got me a KA. I was blown away. Didn't think I'd EVER own one of those!

nalyjuan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nalyjuan Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 11:09pm
post #12 of 88

Merry Christmas everyone....Santa was extra nice to me...I have been telling my husband that I really enjoy baking and doing cakes and said maybe one day I would like to get into business in the near future. So this morning Santa bought me TWO KA Professional 600 Mixers!!!! icon_eek.gif WOW was I surprised! I also received a Wilton Cookie Press, cookie cutters, pattern books!!!

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 11:15pm
post #13 of 88

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I'm out of town at the IL's house, and no cake toys here (thank god, there won't be any room in the car with the kid's toys), but back at home I all ready know I'm getting a new cake caddy and a BIG shoulder bag with wheels on the bottom for carting cake supplies to/from class, trips, where- ever.

yay

lovescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovescakes Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 11:15pm
post #14 of 88

God... I'm so jelous, I got nothing.. I make at least 3 cakes a weekend and been whinning about all the supplies and tools I need specially a kA and what do I get? a painting kit. Santa is clueless

cakesbykellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykellie Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 11:17pm
post #15 of 88

OOOHH! My DH got me the Crftsmn tool organizing thing. Someone on here had taken a pic of their organized cake/cookie.candy supplies in one of these bad boys! I FELL IN LOOOOOOOVE! Now i have a big 'ol set up! I will be an organized baker!! WOO HOOOOOOO!!!
I also got some new spatulas and a pair or ORKA silicone oven gloves! HEAVEN!!!!

Happy Holidays everyone!!
icon_biggrin.gif

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 11:31pm
post #16 of 88

Merry Christmas everyone!!!
I got a Sugarcraft Clay Gun with the extra discs thumbs_up.gif Can't wait to try it!!!!

jillchap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillchap Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 11:36pm
post #17 of 88

no cake toys for me, but that's okay! i got new toys for scrapping and quilting icon_biggrin.gif

akierasu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akierasu Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 11:41pm
post #18 of 88

My dad bought me a Kitchen Aid stand mixer icon_eek.gif

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 11:43pm
post #19 of 88

I got a airbrush too. Cant wait to try it out!

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 11:47pm
post #20 of 88

Santa was definetly super cool this year. I was in awe.....inlaws gave me both of Toba's books. colettes book (one of them), gaurd for my KA, Air brush, regulator, and compressor. Tool caddy, New mixing bowls, and of corse gift cards to the local ac moore.

I am very very greatful most of all to have to have my health as My FIL visiting suffered a stroke last nite and was not able to share xmass morning with my 2 yr old which breaks my heart. I guess no matter how much cake goodies I have recieved I have my health which is the best gift and have counted my blessing today.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!!!!!!

jeking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeking Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 12:03am
post #21 of 88

My mom gave me a really cool revolving cake stand that is round on one side and a 1/2 sheet rectangle on the other...so you can use it either way! I have the Wilton professional metal one and like it but it's very difficult to to do sheet cakes on it. Also some Satin Ice, some gumpaste cutters, silicone lace molds, and pasta attachments for my KA!

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 12:08am
post #22 of 88

My mom got me two cake plateaus, a square and a round. My MIL got me three books, Whimsical Bakehouse, Spectacular cakes, and Celebrate with a Cake. They are so cool.

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 12:36am
post #23 of 88

My boyfriend got me a nice storage cabinet for the mud room to put all my cake gadgets in... I can fit almost everything in it, which is nice since we have very little storage in our townhouse and now we can acutally utilize our mudroom! http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=213583-2115-40924&lpage=none

And mom and dad got me an Airmaster Plus compressor and a Paasche (sp?) airbrush with a box of airbrush colors. I'm so pumped!!!!

I've been putting together the cabinet and working on organizing it all day. Only played with the airbrush a little, I'm doing some research before I get too messy with it! Gotta love the CC forum search feature, such a wealth of knowledge here!

Merry Christmas to all!
Diana

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 12:40am
post #24 of 88

I got some new stainless steel cookware, stainless steel mixing bowls, and some various and assorted kitchen gadgets like new spatulas, etc.

icon_biggrin.gif

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 12:46am
post #25 of 88

Oops, I just posted a new thread about mine. I got a $50 Michaels gift card from my wonderful daughter. I can't wait to go spend it!!!!!

BeckySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckySue Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 12:46am
post #26 of 88

WOW - starting to get a little green with envy.....
I got a NordicWare castle cake pan - can't wait to try this one out!!

Thinknice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thinknice Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 12:55am
post #27 of 88

I got a heavy duty plus KA!!!!! I also got a glass cake stand, and a silicone oven glove and spatula and new kitchen towels.

diamond008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamond008 Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 12:56am
post #28 of 88

I got 2 gift cards for Hobby Lobby. They have a 40% off coupon until December 29th. Look out Hobby Lobby.

CajunDaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CajunDaisy Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 12:59am
post #29 of 88

My DH got me a new Craftsman tool chest to put all of my cake decorating supplies in. It even has a small plastic take along drawer that I can put my extra tips, icing, etc. in when I have to decorate something on site.

missyv110 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyv110 Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 2:27am
post #30 of 88

This is my first Christmas as an aspiring decorator; it's AMAZING how long your 'wish list' becomes!! Hubby, unprompted, got me:
Cake Mix Doctor Chocolate
Cake Mix Doctor Cupcakes
Women's Day Children's Cakes (from Aussie Women's Day, bought in Toronto, cool, eh?)
CUPCAKE PYJAMAS, they are BEAUTIFUL, I already want to wear them delivering cupcakes!...he was so proud of himself for finding these, and I thought it was the sweetest thing ever, he really went all over looking for them.

From MIL: A heavy duty professional cupcake pan for SQUARE cupcakes, ALSO very cool!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

and now to bed.......

Maureen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%