Anyone Get New Cake Toys For Christmas?

Decorating By justfrosting Updated 29 Dec 2006 , 8:39am by tammylenz

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 6:30pm
post #61 of 88

Hope this helps.......here is name of catalog from where the butter butt mat came from........it is a hoot!!!!!!!

www.catalogfavorites.com

STX44703 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
STX44703 Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 6:35pm
post #62 of 88

I HAD A GREAT CHRISTMAS!!!
My wonderful wonderful wonderful husband brought me a KA 5qt mixer in Pink!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT Haven't tried it yet but still love it!!!
I also got the 55pc master tip set from my coworker (who is taking Wilton Classes with me) a GC to Michaels from another coworker. Fondant set (For course III) from hubby. And a GC to Hobby Lobby from my husband's uncle!!!

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

Flowerpot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Flowerpot Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 6:51pm
post #63 of 88

I got 3 lunch pails full of cookie cutters and they are all so cute, along with 3 silpats and a new KA Mixer---I'm in heaven!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 7:02pm
post #64 of 88

I am so happy, I got my KA mixer from my son & his girlfriend. I am dying to try it out.
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I did!.
June

mom2csc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2csc Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 9:35pm
post #65 of 88

prof cake decorating, cake bible, and a cookie press

off to read! can't wait to try these recipes!!!

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 10:17pm
post #66 of 88

Williams Sonoma Cookie cutters and A Roomba!

I have wanted a Roomba for a while. So I open it and someone actually retuned it used full of ick--What is wrong with people! So now I have to return the darn thing!

Titansgold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Titansgold Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 10:26pm
post #67 of 88

I got my KA mixer. The 6 quart one none the less. I'm in baking heaven!!!

nichi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nichi Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 10:32pm
post #68 of 88

The Cake Bible and a Pink Silpin... just what I wanted! icon_biggrin.gif

Charb31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charb31 Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 7:26pm
post #69 of 88

I got an airbrush set (not expensive one, just wanted to try it out before we invest in the best one). My wonderful DH also got me a gc to HL for $75.00 and my son got me a play-doh fun factory. They just laughed and laughed when I went crazy over all 3 items...they said I was like a 3 yr old with a new pony!!

MandyE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyE Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 7:39pm
post #70 of 88

I got all kinds of good stuff. My husband got me a new 6 quart professional series KA mixer! Yippee! I think my older smaller one is dying anyway. I also got a rotating, tilting cake stand, some gadgets that make patterns on the sides of your cake, a Best Ever Cake Decorating Book, the train car cake pan from Williams Sonoma, some already colored Royal Icing powder, and some stuff from my mom that was duplicate, so I'm taking it back to Hobby Lobby for my Wilton caddy. icon_smile.gif I think that was everything on my list and more. Woo hoo!

nicoles-a-tryin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles-a-tryin Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 7:48pm
post #71 of 88

Merry Christmas to all..

I did get a Printer and edible ink...NOT SURE HOW TO START...Though. but I am excited. I would love to do signs on it...Instead of writing on cakes...(I have horrible writing and looks unprofessional, the way I do it).
But I am not sure how to do that either...YIKES!!

Wish my husband would of got me a 'man' that comes with the printer to be my set up and program and figure it all out guy!!! HEHE!!!

But I am excited!!! LOVE IT!!

oolala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oolala Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 7:49pm
post #72 of 88

got my Pink Kitchen Aid Mixer from my hubby,,
This is the second one he has given me since I met him. icon_smile.gif

Hope everyone had a great christmas...
I had too much Ham. icon_smile.gif starting to feel like one. icon_lol.gif

LoriGross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriGross Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 7:50pm
post #73 of 88

My DH was extra nice to me this Christmas. He got me 15 cake pans icon_eek.gif , 5 spatulas, a tiliting/rotating cake stand, tips, bags, books, 2 magazine subscriptions, another mixing bowl for my KA, covered bowls, a candy thermometer, stencils, a tub of icing, and a beautiful wooden cutting board. The best gift, however, was a customized apron with my name and the name of the company I hope to start someday soon. I feel very lucky to have such a generous and loving husband! icon_biggrin.gif

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 8:05pm
post #74 of 88

I got a trip to vegas to see Christine Ag and the Pussycat Dolls in March, My mom made me covers to fit over my two 600 series KA mixers and I got a 200$ certificate to sugarcraft. I was a very good girl all year. Can't wait to spend!

sweetsbycheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbycheryl Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 8:12pm
post #75 of 88

several new cake pan sets (oval and heart), Collette Peter's BD cake book and a basketweave rolling pin
Also Dh gave me a diamond circle pendant icon_cool.gif !!
Hope everyone had a wonderful day!!

cakekrayzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakekrayzie Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 8:25pm
post #76 of 88

last year my parents got me a airbrush machine didn't think they would top it this year but they did, my parents got me this turntable i have been hinting for it does both sheet and round cakes depending on which side you have it on, can't wait to try it out, parents annivessary is Jan. 6th so i am going to do something speacial for them icon_biggrin.gif and an ipod nano i know this does not seem like it has anything to do with cake deocrating but i love to listen to music when i am decorating and they noticed this and the fact that i am always changing cds so the got me an ipod to listen to with all my favorite sogs, so excited!!! icon_biggrin.gif my parents rock icon_razz.gif

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 10:58pm
post #77 of 88

DH got me a chocolate fountain, can't wait to try it out, but don't want to "waste" chocolate! I guess I'll just have to eat it myself! My 2 older sons got me a necklace & earrings that they picked out themselves & the youngest got me some new PJ's - no more T-shirts for me!

Odessa - I wish I'd seen those door mats, everyone I bought for would've had one!!!! That is too funny!

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 2:37am
post #78 of 88

I just got back into town to find a chocolate fountain with molds, a couple willaims-sonoma christmas pans, new tupperware (for icing storage), a counter-top roaster oven, and cake deco books. lol. Word of the cake hobby is spreading like wildfire, I guess.

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 2:21pm
post #79 of 88

My son and daughter-in-law bought me Collette Peters, "Cakes to Dream On", I am really enjoying it!

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 2:40pm
post #80 of 88

I just got another present, a gift card for Michaels! It didn't have an amount on it so I have no idea how to find out how much I have until next weekend when we're by a store.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 3:24pm
post #81 of 88

Well you all made out great!!!! I asked everyone for a KA and no one was able to come thru this year not even Santa icon_cry.gif but that's ok my birthday is next month hahahaha. Mom bought me a silicone bakeware set, some luggage, and a few other things.

Hubby and daughter bought me a stacking tool kit/box from Walmart, I picked it out lol.. 2 days before christmas we went to do some last minute shopping and saw this wonderful thing and it was the last one! It has a removable top box that opens like the Wilton tool caddy's do, has a removable tray inside and a very deep inside to hold lots of stuff, it sits ontop and locks in place on an open box that is deep enough to hold my handheld mixer and sifter and measuring stuff, and has a little flappy thing on the front that holds paperwork/booklets/etc. I have all my candy mold inserts and a few pan inserts in there. All my tips go into the sliding hiding tray which isn't very good for tips because they all lay in these little holes but it'll do until we move and I can find a better way to do my tips. I'll have pics to show later.

My best friend and her husband bought me a cake pan, similar to the Bake N Fill but a less expencive/different brand one, which makes a higher domed cake and it came with a decorating tool that is plastic tube like and has different tips that screw on to the end of it. It's very nice! Also her husband dropped hints to my husband that they are going to be getting me "that mixer she wants so bad" in the near future so I'm guessing for my birthday lol. I sent her a message with a link to JCPenny for the Cook's 700 watt mixer for the same price as the KA 250 watt mixer in Walmart... $200.~ for a mixer I want it to be the best wattage and last as long as possible lol that's alotta money for any of us and I don't want it wasted on something that's going to break down after a double cake mix or cookie batch lol.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and hope you all have a great New Year!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 5:18pm
post #82 of 88

I have not gotten my presents yet but my husband ordered a bunch of cake decorating books for me....he got me Creative Cookies, Cakewalk, 50 easy party cakes and The Whimsical Bakehouse! I can't wait to get them!!!! And my DH has been hinting that I may be getting a KA for valentines day! On an un-cake realated note...my mom got me a day at the spa. Yesterday I went with my sister and SIL and we all got manicures, pedicures and facials. It was amazing and exactly what I needed after the holidays!

CCCTina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCCTina Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 5:26pm
post #83 of 88

Cakekrayzie, I was given the same turn-table from my hubby. (Although I think my mom had something to do with it!) I didn't even know I needed it, but now that I have it, look out! That thing is great!

cakekrayzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakekrayzie Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 7:52pm
post #84 of 88

DrTina it really is a great tuntable isn't it!!! now i don't have to worry about dropping my sheet cakes, i always used to turn them without a turntabel and i was afraid i would drop it on the floor icon_wink.gif

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 6:25am
post #85 of 88

I just started making cakes, and we know how that goes...we get HOOKED!!! Honey got me not only a mixer, but an antique one!!!! found a 1940's that works GREAT!!!! has bowls and juicer and all....I LOVE IT....am alittle scared to use it...its ANTIQUE!!!!

MERRY XMAS EVERYONE...AND LETS HAVE A BETTER YEAR NEXT YEAR.

kakabekabunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakabekabunny Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 6:58am
post #86 of 88

WOW!! Sounds like everyone had a profitable cake supply Christmas!! I too was surprised by my dh & ds with a black KA 600 series mixer with added attachments for slicing, shredding etc., and an air brush, multiple tips & icing bags (badly needed). Got lots of uncake related stuff too. Definately a Christmas to remember (gift wise.)

Merry Christmas to all & a Happy New Year from Canada

grumpyx07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grumpyx07 Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 8:17am
post #87 of 88

I started making candy last year, and this year I had orders a week before Christmas for about 20 baskets...and was so annoyed by the end of it lol I was baking until the 23rd.

All I asked for was candy and baking supplies because I'm looking to get into cakes very soon, and I wanted a lot of Valentine stuff because hopefully it will be a time for lots of orders.

But anyway, I got a KA 5-quart in Empire Red, 2 Valentine lollipop kits, molds and a catalog, mixing bowl set, cookie cutters, valentine cake/cookie pans, tons of treat bags, sprinkles, icing decorations.

I also got a $50 gift card each to Michael's and a local store Candyland Crafts. Which I think I'm going to save til my birthday in January because my mom is giving me $300 to blow on supplies. I'm so excited! icon_biggrin.gif

tammylenz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammylenz Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 8:39am
post #88 of 88

I got a new mixer (not a KA, but similar). I also got a digital camera (much needed). And I also got lots of other little things.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%