Should I Be Sad Or Just Plain Mad????

Decorating By butternut Updated 28 Dec 2006 , 2:22pm by brownlg05

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 9:49pm
post #31 of 106

OMG, I can't believe that, HOW RUDE!! Your cake is beautiful and looks VERY professional to me!! As LoriGross said, maybe she is just jealous of your talents, since you are obviously a natural.... I can't believe you haven't taken any classes!! ALL your cakes are beautiful and please be proud of them don't let anybody put you down!! thumbs_up.gif
I'm VA Beach icon_cool.gif !!!

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 10:02pm
post #32 of 106

FIRST OF ALL, YOUR SIL IS B WITH CAPITAL C.
2ND, THAT CAKE IS AMAZING. I HAD MY MOTHER LOOK AT IT AND THEN HAD HER READ THE FORUM.
3RD, I SUGGEST THAT A CAKE SHOULD NOT BE IN THE NEAR DISTANT FUTURE FOR YOUR SIL. I KNOW WE SHOULDN'T BE SPITEFUL, BUT TO FIND OUT HOW YOU DID , PLEASE TELL HER " NO CAKE FOR YOU".
YOUR CAKES ARE GREAT AND PLEASE PRINT THIS FORUM OUT FOR HER AND PUT IN A BOX WITH SOME GLASSES.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 10:04pm
post #33 of 106

For some reason I didn't want to look at the photos after reading your story. I was afraid that it might really look bad. Boy was I wrong. Your cake is gorgeous! All of them are.

If she did say that she is so wrong. For one you did her a favor and even if it did look bad she should be greatful. But if is so pretty she should have just been thrilled.

I am not sure what relative told you that but I would ask her directly. I know I have Inlaws that will say things like that to me (you know the, so and so said thing) and it had never been said at all or they twisted the facts.

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 10:15pm
post #34 of 106

Hey is your sister in law my sister??? icon_eek.gif Sounds just like her.

Anyway, your cake is down right beautiful! I really thought that when I would look at your photos I would find a cake that is not that great but I was wrong! Not only does it look very professional but it looks like you could teach classes.

Your sister in law is rude and WRONG!

Don't ever give her another cake. She is not worth it. I would tell her I heard what she said and if that is how she feels then you won't be giving her anymore of your wonderful cakes.

I had to tell my sister the same thing. Now she is always telling me how great my things look and taste. But, I still have not made her a cake and it will be a long time before I do.....if ever.

Life is to short to deal with people who are ungreatful and mean. Let her make her own cakes or spend big bucks to get one that doesn't look 1/2 as good as yours and will never taste as good.

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 10:16pm
post #35 of 106

WOW ! Ungreatful! I absolutely love ALL your cakes and your xmass cake is beautiful! Don't let it ruin your holiday. Some people can be funny....I would just ask her how everything went. I would hope it was a misunderstanding. I can't see why anyone would think it was not professional looking.!

You did a great job.....Keep em coming!

krzyzak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krzyzak Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 10:22pm
post #36 of 106

your sil id crazy. i owe you a thank you for giving me a idea for a quick cake to send with dh last night. i tryed to do the flowers as nice as yours but i think my icing was too soft. but the guys at his work loved it and desided to put a donation can together for me so they can have cake on a reg. basic. if I was you I would not make her a nether cake. if she asked for one i would say sorry you did not like the last one and i don't want to waste my time on a cake that you would put down.
don't let her get you down you have talent. the more cakes you make the better we all get. I know I have gotten better over the years.
stacey

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 10:31pm
post #37 of 106

OMG! I cant believe it. I just really cant! It was a gorgeous cake, and I am not just saying that to be nice or make you feel better. It was beautiful. She should be ashamed of herself. I definitely would not make her any more cakes. EVER.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 10:35pm
post #38 of 106

Your cake is very prfessional looking and beautiful. I think SIL has a bad case of jealousy and didn't want anyone to see how professional your work was so she cut it up before they could see it. I'd have to let her know that I heard what she said and she wouldn't have to worry about ever getting another "unprofessional cake" from me again (but I'm a real *%@# with people like that).

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 10:38pm
post #39 of 106

Don't be sad and don't be mad. You know that you made a cake for her that is beautiful. Hopefull is is just a misunderstanding.
Do not let this eat away at you and ruin this season with your family.

HAVE A SAFE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! party.gif

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 10:40pm
post #40 of 106

nothing wrong with that cake looks proffessional to me she must have been jealous. Chin up and Have a very Merry Christmas.

lsawyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsawyer Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 10:42pm
post #41 of 106

Well, there's just one word that comes to my mind when I read her comments: jealous.

Opps, just thought of another word: ungrateful.

Darn, here's yet another one: Bitch.

Feel free to forward my comments to your nasty SIL.

Your cakes are beautiful!

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 10:51pm
post #42 of 106

Ok she is a looney toon! That cake is beautiful. She couldn't a cake like at Walmart or a supermarket.. NO WAY! I say no more cakes for her, besides the fact that she should be grateful that you offered to help her out with the cake, even if she didn't like it she should have just kept her mouth shut. RUDE!

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 10:56pm
post #43 of 106

Maybe she needs a pair of glasses for xmas this year because she obviously has a vision problem. It's absolutely beautiful.

Monica_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica_ Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 10:59pm
post #44 of 106

What a freaking psycho.

*Insert incredibly unladylike string of curses here*

I'm inclined to agree with the idea that there was some jealousy involved, if only because she made it a point that nobody could see how good the cake looked by butchering it up first. That right there says that she was perfectly aware it was a very talented piece of work, and she had to make sure nobody could see how great you did. It doesn't necessarily mean that her negativity stems from not being able to make cakes, just either not being the center of attention period or wanting herself to be the shining star of the occasion rather than people saying "Wow what a great cake, who made that?!"

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 11:00pm
post #45 of 106

I wish I could make a cake as beautiful as yours is...and I took classes! If it's true that your SIL said those negative comments about your cake, then, as others have said, she needs her eyes examined. Also, maybe she cut up the cake because she didn't want everyone to see it and ooh and ahh over it and tell her how talented her SIL is, knowing she could never be in the same league as you. If you ever do make her another cake, make sure you frost it green and write out ICURNVS on the top of it!

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 11:04pm
post #46 of 106

sueco - I check out what those letters mean and that is so funny. That should get the SIL thinking and wondering!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

NVP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NVP Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 11:04pm
post #47 of 106

okay first off. i think they very jealous of your talent. i mean come on' i would have paid for your cake? what does she expect a cake covered in gold and addorned by tiffany jewelry?? she's crazy. the fact that she didnt thank you would have been enough to let you know what kind of ungrateful person she is. you very nice to not have said something mean to her!! i think your cake was very pretty.

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 11:27pm
post #48 of 106

I feel sorry for her, she lost the chance to get more great cakes for free.
your cakes are great and you are ready to get paid for them, let this be a learning experience for you, don´t ever give away your work for free.
Paola

jacqrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jacqrose Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 11:42pm
post #49 of 106

Your SIL is like my cousin. I made a bday cake for her little girl that was exactly like she wanted (pink, purple and white with a tiara) and she gave me the same reaction. Luckily she had no choice but to displaythe cake when it was time to sing happy birthday. Everyone Loved it even though she didnt. I even got 5 orders just out of that B-day party. Needless to say that she kicks herself for it now because she goes to the nearest grocery store for her cakes while everyone else gets my cakes for their parties. Hang in there...ifyou talk to her about it fine...but I think the best thing about it all is that you have the ability do what I did and say "no cake for you" Plus the sweetest revenge on her negative reaction is that when my family has a party andt hey find out that its a certain kind of cake they are thinking about a particular kind of cake that I make that cant be found anywhere else. My family may be disappointed to see that it is a run of the mill cake but it makes me feel good to know that they Love my cakes and appreciate what I do for them. Hang in there, we all have onebad apple in the bunch.

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 11:44pm
post #50 of 106
Quote:
Quote:

make sure you frost it green and write out ICURNVS on the top of it!

Please explain! I'm lost...

Quote:
Quote:

Well, there's just one word that comes to my mind when I read her comments: jealous.

Opps, just thought of another word: ungrateful.

Darn, here's yet another one: Bitch.

Feel free to forward my comments to your nasty SIL.

Your cakes are beautiful!

Oh yeah! Didn't even say thank you, let alone rave about it? Geez. lsawyer said it best. icon_wink.gif

katharry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katharry Posted 24 Dec 2006 , 1:18am
post #51 of 106

Your cake is beautiful, I cant believe some people!!!

You are such a great person for making it for her in the first place! Dont let it get to you she is jealous at your talent, and obviously didnt want you getting attention at her dinner party!

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 24 Dec 2006 , 1:27am
post #52 of 106

I'm speechless.

Yes, nglez, I said I'm speechless.

Your SIL needs to lay off the eggnog. That cake is beautiful. Everything is so balanced.

Don't even give it another thought. Anyone that saw the cake knows she's the one that's off, balanced that is.

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 24 Dec 2006 , 1:34am
post #53 of 106

That cake is beautiful! I would certainly call it professional, a whole lot more than most grocery store cakes! Just like everyone else said, I think she is jealous & bitchy. It's hard when your family does something like that, but just don't offer to do anything else for her ever again.

You are a very talented decorator!

Ditter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ditter Posted 24 Dec 2006 , 1:35am
post #54 of 106

Personaly, after hearing what she said and what she did to your cake to your relative, I would carry a picture of the cake and the next time you see that relative or anyone else who mention's the :horrible: cake that you made her I would just whip it out and say you mean this cake? Then see the reaction to your beautiful cake. I know that, that is a little spiteful, but sometimes you have to do something like that to help vindicate yourself, and let them see what a small person she is for her action's (cutting it up before it can be seen). sorry to be so long but I just had to say how I felt.

Happy Holiday's and keep up the good work

Mickey

mysonshines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysonshines Posted 24 Dec 2006 , 1:41am
post #55 of 106

What?? She obviously has issues! Keep decorating- you're great!

melissaanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissaanne Posted 24 Dec 2006 , 1:42am
post #56 of 106

maybe she just didn't want to hear everyone say how wonderful it was!!
It is a truely beautiful cake that you should be proud of. I would confront her and ask her what she would have liked you to do differently. I don't think she will come up with more than a vague answer. Don't feel down about this. Let it slide, you are obviously a very nice and tallented person as you made the cake for here in the first place. Go out and enter some competitions and win some prizes- that will show her- Merry Christmas!!!!

eilers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eilers Posted 24 Dec 2006 , 1:50am
post #57 of 106

Gorgeous cake. Crazy lady!

PGray315 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PGray315 Posted 24 Dec 2006 , 2:01am
post #58 of 106

Your cakes are just lovely! I can't imagine anyone not being pleased with them! I am so sorry the people in your life are so insensitive. Your SIL should never have expressed such a hurtful comment, especially to someone who would repeat it to you (unless she wanted it to get back to you). Regardless, they both should both be ashamed!
I think one or both of these people may have their own agenda. Maybe your SIL is jealous of your talent... I saw your cake for your MIL. Your MIL must have loved it and sang your praises! It may have been more than she (SIL) could take. Just a thought.

nickluke0705 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickluke0705 Posted 24 Dec 2006 , 2:54am
post #59 of 106

a couple of years ago, I made a shower cake for a friend. She didn't even say thank you. I spent days making the cake. I was furious. Later on I told her that I was hurt. Needless to say, I hardly got a sorry. A year later she took a cake decorating class. It took her all day to make a simple butterfly cake. It came out beautiful, and she tried to play it off like it was pretty easy. Her husband came up later and said out loud that she was intolerable and it was too difficult for her to do. She has since always asked me to make cakes, and is grateful.

Some people need to have the karma train smack them in the backside! I think your cake was awesome. I would love to get my bc as smooth as yours. You should be proud. Sit back and wait for the train to hit SIL in the backside.

Keep baking.

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 24 Dec 2006 , 2:59am
post #60 of 106

Pgray is so right on.

I always tell my children, beware of someone that will tell you something that someone did or said hurtful about you. You have to ask yourself what is their motive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%