Should I Be Sad Or Just Plain Mad????

Decorating By butternut Updated 28 Dec 2006 , 2:22pm by brownlg05

NVP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NVP Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 9:26pm
post #91 of 106

i cant believe her! but you know what, you a are a much better person than she is, and i respect that about you, as i beleive everyone in here, and you have 90 replies from strangers to let you know that you are that great at baking!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 9:41pm
post #92 of 106

I really think your cake is lovely. I am also getting the feeling that you SIL is a little jealous of your ability. I also think you are a very sweet person & deserve to be appreciated.
Don't be upset, it isn't worth it.

June

bridgett413 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridgett413 Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 9:52pm
post #93 of 106

Don't let her comments make you question your abilities. Your cake was absolutely beautiful and there was absolutely nothing about it that should have caused you any embarrassment. Your SIL should be embarrassed for what she has said and done. Why is it that our friends and family always seem to want so much, and even when we volunteer it, it is never enough. I don't know what she might have been expecting, but since I'm right across the water from you, and I shop on the Peninsula quite often, I know exactly what she could have bought from around here. It would have NEVER looked as good as yours and I know it wouldn't even come close to tasting as good as yours. Don't let her get you down, and don't do any more cakes for her-even if she offers to pay you!

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 10:05pm
post #94 of 106

You know, I bet if you would have brought a bakery cake and said it was yours, she would have found a problem with it too. most bakery cakes aren't any better than the one you presented - shame on her!!!!

Melissa

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 11:20pm
post #95 of 106

Ok, I just had to look again at the picture and really looked to see what her problem was........is she kidding? One letter a tiny bit further away than it should be - and which letter was sloppy? Why would you have been embarrased by that cake? You are right, she does not ever deserve a cake from you.............and tell her NO one is perfect, even her! I still say you should be very proud of this cake - it is in my favorites!

deb

CharleneinLV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CharleneinLV Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 4:49am
post #96 of 106

It appears that your SIL appears to think she is the PERFECT expert in cake decorating. If she wants EXPERT opinions (of those who KNOW decorating) I would recommend you PRINT the replies on this post and mail it to her and then ask HER what does she do in her life that IS perfect? If she wants to counter attack the posts of the EXPERTS on this forum, then - let her.

You are right, I would not provide any cakes to any function of hers again. Not only did you give her GIFT - she snubbed her nose at it. I am SO sorry she hurt you but you gave the CONFIDENCE that those who are EXPERTS say you creations and designs are lovely and would be proud to have them in display.

I hope you surround yourself with people who appreciate you - you definetly deserve it!

Charlene

FancyLayne23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FancyLayne23 Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 5:03am
post #97 of 106

I thin personaly that your cake is beautiful! It looks very professional. Your SIL is crazy and someone I would not make another cake for. My feelings would be extremely hurt however looking at your cake and other cakes I do not believe they would be hurt but ummm maybe a second. Don't give someone like that any more time worrying about what they think when you are very talented and also kind hearted to even make her a cake in the first place. Be proud of your cake/cakes. It is beautiful and she is just someone who is miserable with everything and trying to find something to complain about.

eagerlearner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eagerlearner Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 1:38pm
post #98 of 106

Your cake looks GOR-GE-OUS! Honestly, your talent shouldn't be wasted on people like that. Get her a pair of glasses as a New Year present, and include a little note saying,
'Dear SIL,
If you thought my cake looked ugly, have you looked in the mirror lately?
All my love and Happy New Year,
butternut.'

(No offence, but you might not want to do the last bit. icon_smile.gif )

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 2:55pm
post #99 of 106

No problem, if she didn't like it let her have a bakery cake next time or do it herself. shrug her loss.

And leave it go at that.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 3:10pm
post #100 of 106

She should go to a bakery sometime and try to get a flawless cake as beautiful as yours. They make cakes by the dozens without any thought to who will get them. You went out of your way to make a cake special for her and she had the nerve to nitpick. Shame on her! I agree with everyone else, no more cakes for her.

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 4:01pm
post #101 of 106

OK, I will tell you what to do the next time. CALL ME!!!!!!!!!! I will be happy to have a beautiful cake like that!!!!! You must have one of those SILs that is never happy with anything YOU do, because she is jealous! Well, I feel sorry for people like that, because they are very unhappy people.
Your cakes are beautiful! I especially love the wedding cake. My favorite is pink on white, and with all the beautiful touches you added, that is one of the prettiest cakes I have ever seen.
You were so kind to make her that beautiful cake, I'm sorry that she didn't appreciate it. You are a real gem.

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 5:43pm
post #102 of 106

Your cake is beautiful.

You do know that in every good garden there are some weeds and many families endure the mean spiritedness on one family member...........even if she did not care for the cake she could be kind.........

I believe true graciousness is a lost art........

SScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SScakes Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 10:28am
post #103 of 106

Everyone to their own and trust me every family has at least one of those like your SIL. Me, I'm fortunate to have 2....what do I do???? Ignore and carry on doing what makes you happy. She does not deserve another cake from you. The attention your cake would have got would have taken all the glory away from what she had prepared for the party.

ValH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValH Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 11:53am
post #104 of 106

Your cake is lovely and you should be very proud of it. Don't let your SIL get you down, she's just a very rude, ignorant lady.

Val

flytrap77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flytrap77 Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 12:11pm
post #105 of 106

Sounds to me that you have the same kind of SIL I have...very self-centered and and ungrateful. Shrug it off and move on.

icon_smile.gif

Kat

brownlg05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brownlg05 Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 2:22pm
post #106 of 106

Isn't it absolutely unbelievable how ungrateful and selfish people can be during Christmas time?! The time of year when you're supposed to enjoy and appreciate your family and everything God has given us, many people focus on materialism. I think ALL of your cakes are beautiful, and hope that you continue to make as many as you can. I can't wait to see them! Please don't get discouraged! I hope you have a Merry Christmas!
-Lorie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%