My Space

Lounge By mmdd Updated 20 Feb 2007 , 12:39pm by mmdd

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 2:54am
post #1 of 64

Does anyone have an account here?

My sil just started one up and asked if I had one. I don't, but I was just wondering if anyone here had an acct. and could tell me more about it.

I'd appreciate it. Thanks!!

63 replies
ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 3:34am
post #2 of 64

I personally don't have a myspace account, but my two teenagers do. I was really against them setting it up because I have heard a lot on our local news about stalkers getting info about people off of myspace and tracking them down. Well, you know teens don't listen very well and set it up behind my back. They are on it quite a bit and so far no problems, but I'm still not real fond of it. Some of their "friends" have posted some really inappropriate things. I'm pretty close to banning them from it. But that's just my opinion, a lot of people think it's OK.

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 3:54am
post #3 of 64

i have an account. its pretty addicting like CC lol can be fun and you can set your page to private so only your friends can see it.

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 3:55am
post #4 of 64

In my opinion, I think it's alright for adults but I don't think it's a good thing for teenagers. I do have one because my little cousin set it up for me!

mmdd Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 4:46am
post #5 of 64

so if I set one up, I should set it on private? ok
thansk!

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 4:48am
post #6 of 64

you dont have to but if thats what you want to do you can. mine is public anyone can go look at it.

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 10:38am
post #7 of 64

I have one too! I love myspace it has helped me get back in touch with a lot of old friends from high school.

finnox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnox Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 1:21pm
post #8 of 64

Yes I have mine on private and if anyone wants to be your friend they will ask and they can ask and they you have the chance to approve them or deny them. I have one as well and its good to be able to see pictures of your friends and family as well as keep in contact with them.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 2:41pm
post #9 of 64

My husband has one...I personally think that it's a fad that will eventually will come and go. Besides many employers look at myspace and use it as an excuse for firing people if they have inappropriate pictures on it of themselves.

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 4:41pm
post #10 of 64

I've been considering it, but not sure I have time to manage a myspace account. I already have a few blogs. When I've visited myspace sites more often than not I've felt like it was a little cluttered looking, so I think I like the looks of a blog better. Then again, there are some cool features to myspace, so that's where I'm at! Stuck in my thoughts. lol! icon_rolleyes.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 5:58am
post #11 of 64

I have a myspace Melissa~ Have you started yours yet? Here's my url...

http://www.myspace.com/47446108

I got myspace only because my teenage daughter had one. I wanted to check in on her anytime I wanted to. Then I actually like it! Me & Susan are hooked! LOL~ icon_smile.gif It is so fun to play around with. I have had a few weird people want to be my friend but I said NO & that was that. I think you should get one! You will enjoy it icon_smile.gif

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 6:22am
post #12 of 64

I had an account for a few days. I'd set it up really nicely and then cancelled it because I didn't know what more to do with it!! icon_cry.gif

SwampWitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwampWitch Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 6:44am
post #13 of 64

I didn't sign up after reading the "MySpace.com Terms of Use Agreement," that states they can charge for their services and change the fees at their discretion.

When I emailed them at the address indicated, asking for the "additional" terms I would be agreeing to by signing up, they never answered me.

So... no MySpace for me since I'm not going to agree to terms if I'm not told what they are!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 11:47am
post #14 of 64

I have one too. Some pages are or can look cluttered depends on what you put on it!

mmdd Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 2:57pm
post #15 of 64

Well, I might set one up.....who;ll be my friend? LOL!!!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 3:49pm
post #16 of 64

Hey ya'll myspace is free. I've had my account about a year & it's always been free. No fee at all. I know "Tom" who owns it doesn't answer your questions but you do get emails from time to time when the site is going to be down or something. It's just a funny way for kids to talk to each other & be "cool". There are some bad stuff on it though. You gotta be careful with your children. I check my daughters all the time. I've made her change things she's put on it from time to time. I've overlooked what her "friends" write. I can't believe her friends parents don't go to their kids myspace. They really need to!

Melissa, of course I'll be your friend~ icon_smile.gif

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 4:45pm
post #17 of 64

Me too! I'll be your friend!! icon_biggrin.gif

mmdd Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 9:20pm
post #18 of 64

YAY!!! Thanks,guys!

Anyone else????

Moviechick00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moviechick00 Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 10:21pm
post #19 of 64

I have a myspace also. I have kept in touch with most of my friends that way. Its fun. I think my link is www.myspace.com/moviechick00

Im not sure hehe Im on there every day also.

MC

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 8:31pm
post #20 of 64

I have a myspace, so does my Mom and a few other family members. I like to "browse" my zipcode and find people that I know. icon_wink.gif

http://www.myspace.com/aimiyi

texaskitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texaskitty Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 10:27pm
post #21 of 64

mmdd, I will be your friend icon_lol.gif

I have had a myspace for about a year and it is very addictive at first. I had to wean myself off of it. I love it because I get to keep in touch with family members, old co-workers, friends, and people I went to high school with.

www.myspace.com/texaskittie

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 1:08am
post #22 of 64

I could always use more myspace friends! Mine is www.myspace.com/emilyk80

mmdd Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 6:43pm
post #23 of 64

Thanks everyone!!!!!

Sorry I took so long to respond!

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 7:12pm
post #24 of 64

I can use more myspace friends, too! I just signed up...sorry, guys, I don't know the URL, but if you search for Shellie Burton, you will find me

mmdd Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 7:58pm
post #25 of 64

How do you browse your zipcode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousamous

I have a myspace, so does my Mom and a few other family members. I like to "browse" my zipcode and find people that I know. icon_wink.gif

http://www.myspace.com/aimiyi

mmdd Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 8:00pm
post #26 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbur10

I can use more myspace friends, too! I just signed up...sorry, guys, I don't know the URL, but if you search for Shellie Burton, you will find me

I only got 3 and none of them say Virginia.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 8:58pm
post #27 of 64

I also have a myspace account.

http://www.myspace.com/vtilghman

shelbur10 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 9:17pm
post #28 of 64

oh, darnit. when I get home I'll check my url and post it. myspace is blocked here at work...thank goodness I can still get on CC!

shelbur10 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 9:55pm
post #29 of 64
alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 11:16pm
post #30 of 64

i too have a myspace and i just added everyone who gave their address. mine is http://myspace.com/car_n_ant

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%