Need Fast - Amaretto Cake Recipe

Decorating By Crystal13 Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 2:26pm by Crystal13

Crystal13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystal13 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 18

Anyone have an Amaretto Cake recipe using Amaretto flavor coffee creamer? I need one fast please!!

Crystal

17 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 18

Is the creamer liquid?
I would think you can just sub liquid creamer for the liquid called for in the recipe. You can then also 'soak' the cake after baking by brushing on Amaretto. HTH

confectioneista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectioneista Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 18

Hi neighbor,

I don't have an actual recipe but you could use a white cake mix or recipe and add instant flavored amaretto coffee creamer (probably the same amount as a package of pudding) to the mix or use amaretto flavored syrup in place of the liquid called for in the recipe - i.e. if using a white cake mix, where it calls for the water (or milk) substitute it for the flavored syrup (like Da Vinci's flavored syrups).

Or if you have actual Amaretto, you could use the real stuff but that can be expensive. If you do use the real stuff, probably 1/3 cup.

Hope this helps!

Ronny

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 18

Does anyone know how Amaretto would taste with Devil's Food?

Crystal13 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 9:02pm
post #5 of 18

it is liquid coffee creamer - do you think I could do the soaking thing you suggested with the amaretto flavor coffee creamer?

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 9:06pm
post #6 of 18

Armywife, from another Army Wife. Paula Deen had a recipe in her last magazine about putting amaretto in a boxed devils food cake. I usually don't do boxes but made this recipe with the cheesecake center also with amaretto as well as the frosting. I wish I had made two cakes, they went so fast people wanted thirds and fourths.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 9:06pm
post #7 of 18

I made that cake out of Paula Deen's magazine and it is wonderful!!! The amaretto in the cheesecake/cake and frosting is YUUUMMMMYYYY!!!

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 9:29pm
post #8 of 18

just use almond extract and/or actual amaretto liquor in any standard cake recipe. Am not sure why the creamer part is necessary though.

Crystal13 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 12:56am
post #9 of 18

The coffee creamer is just what I'm using instead of actual Amaretto...

Also - has anyone ever substituted the Amaretto coffee creamer (or other flavor) in place of the vanilla for a buttercream icing recipe? Do you think this would be overkill (both Amaretto flavor cake & amaretto flavor icing)?

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:14am
post #10 of 18

Crystal, I didn't sub with Amaretto creamer but I made a pumpkin spice cake today and used the pumpkin spice creamer. I also used pumpkin spice creamer in my frosting instead of milk and it turned out great. I am certain that you can use the flavored creamer instead of other liquid but I would still add the vanilla. I added vanilla with my pumpkin spice. Hope this helps you.

edited to correct my horrible typing mistakes lol

Crystal13 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:24am
post #11 of 18

AnythingSugar - so if my recipe is just conf sugar, water, vanilla & shortening - subsitute the creamer for the water & still add vanilla? did I get that right?

Crystal13 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:30am
post #12 of 18

By the way - To my neighbor Confectioneista - where is Richmond, KY at?

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:35am
post #13 of 18

Crystal,

I use a white mix and substitute HALF of the liquid called for in the recipe. I use 1/2 water and half the liquid amarreto creamer. I tried it using all liquid creamer and the cake sinks badly. I also subsitute ALL of the vanilla in the buttercream for liquid amarreto creamer. It is very YUMMY and everyone I have made it for loves it!!

Hope this helps!!

~ihavasweet2th~

Crystal13 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 3:45am
post #14 of 18

okay - so hope I'm not being too much of a pain here - just trying to get this icing recipe straight - do you substitute the coffee creamer for the vanilla or the water/milk in your buttercream recipes?

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 5:41am
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal13

AnythingSugar - so if my recipe is just conf sugar, water, vanilla & shortening - subsitute the creamer for the water & still add vanilla? did I get that right?

Yes, you have it right. Only substitute the water for creamer but still add the vanilla. That is how I do it anyway. Sorry it took me so long to answer but CC wouldn't let me post another answer for some reason. Hope I am not too late answering you.

Crystal13 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 7:32am
post #16 of 18

Thanks for all the help - it took some trial and error so hopefully it all comes out well in the end!! I ended up finding some real amaretto under my sink just as I was finishing the icing so I added some of the real stuff to the icing as well as I brushed the cakes with the amaretto too (as some of you suggested - thanks!) Couldn't believe I found it after I baked the cakes, but what can you do?! Now I know it is in there!!

Devo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Devo Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:23am
post #17 of 18

I'm about to attempt the same thing and I'm dying to know how it turned out???!! icon_smile.gif

Crystal13 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:26pm
post #18 of 18

well - I actually haven't talked to my customer as yet about how the cake turned out - in all honesty, I'm a bit nervous to ask her since this was my first attempt! When I delivered the cake, I couldn't quite gauge her reaction...she seemed to like it, but I couldn't tell for sure. I'll let you know when I do talk with her. I do know one problem I encountered and I can only assume it was from the addition of coffee creamer or real amaretto to the icing...I couldn't get my bc to smooth very well - I was not happy with how it looked at all - anyone out there have any ideas about why this might have happened?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%