Putting Down The Cake Club!!!!!!

Lounge By 2sdae Updated 15 Mar 2008 , 1:51pm by moreCakePlz

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 12:55pm
post #571 of 2524

Is everyone ready for a great "no cheat"day? Tomorrow is the big day!

I personally am feeling pretty good about myself! I have been so good on my eating this week, got up this morning did some exercise, and best of all...got a cute new haircut and my eyebrows waxed last night...oh and I get a night out tonight with a girlfriend to see a movie (no popcorn or candy!) tonight! yea!

Lets have a positive day everyone...we can do it!

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 1:05pm
post #572 of 2524

ugh...what is going on?? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif My jeans are SO TIGHT this morning...and I think I have had a pretty good week. I can only hope that I am retaining water from all the meds. I think this is the case, because I have noticed that my face is puffy (yuck). icon_mad.gif I am VERY tempted to go pick up a diruetic at Walmart, but I don't need to put any more chemicals in my body! The good news is...DH ate that darn cupcake last night, so it's gone. icon_biggrin.gif The bad news is...he asked me very nicely if I would please make him some brownies this weekend. icon_surprised.gif

imtrying Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imtrying Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 2:58pm
post #573 of 2524

What movie are you seeing Merissa? I'm so jealous, I don't remember the last time I got to go to a movie. I think maybe I'll make that a reward for myself.

To answer the question, I work for a dairy. We process raw milk and distribute it but we also make and distribute yogurt, cottage cheese, chip and veggie dips and of course, ice cream and ice cream novelties. What we don't make, we distribute so the ice cream twix, dove bars etc etc. The worst/best part is that our fridge and freezer are always fully stocked here at work and we can eat (for free) whatever is in there. Serioulsy, and I wonder why I have to lose weight!

I stood on the scale this morning and it didn't have good news for me. I exercised this morning and am going to drink all my water and have a cheat free day and hope it has better news for me tomorrow!

springlakecake Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 3:24pm
post #574 of 2524

We are going to Dreamgirls I think. My friend is a huge American Idol fan and loves singing so I think she will definitely love it. I have heard it was a good film. I dont go out to movies much either! Maybe 2 a year! I used to go almost every weekend before kids.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Shannon your place of employment sounds delicious!!

Thought I would share something I got in the mail yesterday from Eat Better America. I dont know if I signed up for something. Anyway they sent a little ring to wear that says 'eat better' to remind you. You are supposed to say some vows and glance at your ring for support when near fried foods.

It says Don't Forget:

To eat something green everyday. That grasshopper pie doesnt count

Health club memberships are more valuable than clean plate memberships

that whole grains are a whole lot better

elevators are optional

that size doesnt count, unless youre talking about portions

that good habits can be as hard to break as bad ones

that it is humanly possible to only eat one piece of pizza

that if you are fifty, you might be only halfway there

that eating better meals today, means eating more meals down the road

Good luck today

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 4:38pm
post #575 of 2524

Is anyone else having trouble getting on cc toady? I keep getting all this computer gibberish stuff. I had to use my old browser to even be able to get on right now? Weird! I some how gained a pound and 1/2 since last sunday! icon_cry.gif I am very frustrated ladies.....let's get them buns movin and that water drank. Hopefully I can figure out where I went wrong...quick!

springlakecake Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 5:09pm
post #576 of 2524

no, I have gotten on fine today...I could just be lucky I suppose.

2sdae Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 8:04pm
post #577 of 2524

YAY! I got it fixed...finally!!!!!
Hope everyone is doing good. I am having a terrible eating day...stress from children and dh related so I got over whelmed and gorged! icon_redface.gif This is a public service announcement on what not to do when stressed! Hope everyone is doing good and tomorrow is another day and I still have the rest of the day to improve and I WILL!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gificon_rolleyes.gif

shelbur10 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 8:16pm
post #578 of 2524

So far the day's going good. But I have a cake to make tonight...no BC, though, so I won't be so tempted to taste. I think my veins must run with BC, I love that stuff so much!
Hang in there Tuesday...tomorrow is another day! We'll get the best of those fat cells!!

2sdae Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 8:29pm
post #579 of 2524

I went and stood on my scale earlier and my 2 and 1/2 year old said "mommy stand on 1 foot and you'll feel better!"
oh through the eyes of a child!!!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

shelbur10 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 8:37pm
post #580 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sdae

I went and stood on my scale earlier and my 2 and 1/2 year old said "mommy stand on 1 foot and you'll feel better!"
oh through the eyes of a child!!!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif LOL!

2sdae Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 8:38pm
post #581 of 2524
Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 10:15pm
post #582 of 2524

Cool site 2sdae - Not too sure about a cake decorator thong though icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_lol.gif LOL.
Okay I'm doing really good this week but now I have to make chocolate cupcakes frosted with ganache for my DH's staff meeting tomorrow. Did I mention the PMS monster that has been sitting on my shoulder, not sure all that chocolate can be resisted. I did go an buy myself a new belt to hold up those darn pants that are too big (but the others are too small) I can buckle it on the second notch and I'm thinking it'll be another way to measure success - as I get farther down the notches. Maybe I'll wear it while I'm baking as a subtle reminder. thumbs_up.gif

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 1:29am
post #583 of 2524
Quote:

LOL! That's so cute. If only it were that simple.

2sdae, I'm such an emotional eater it's not even funny. Stress or bring upset about something sends me running for a snack - the sweeter, the better. Or a nice bag of salty potato chips is good too. Don't worry about today, start fresh tomorrow thumbs_up.gif

-Lisa

2sdae Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 12:35pm
post #584 of 2524

icon_sad.gificon_confused.gificon_redface.gif Well hear it is...2 lbs up since last week for me. POOP! But I knew it would be. Oh well dust meself off right back up on that horse I go!!! Let's amke this our best weel yet ladies...we got em running!!!!!
And I noninate shellie as my replacement for the next week so take it and run!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

shelbur10 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 1:18pm
post #585 of 2524

ARGHHH!!! A pound up. DARNIT!! But I know I am retaining water, I can't even get my rings off...so hopefully that's where the pound is. My jeans are so tight and uncomfortable. icon_cry.gif Okay, well, I did alright on last weeks goals, although I was a little sketchy on the portion sizes. This week, same goals, lots of water, small portions, work on that nighttime snacking!!!
I'll take the cheerleading torch from Tuesday and challenge all of us (particularly myself) to check the labels of everything we eat BEFORE you eat it. Obviously not our healthy meals, etc, but I'm thinking more about those impulsive snacks. Check out this website and it will give you an idea of the amount of calories in our home cooked goodies. http://www.thecaloriecounter.com/
We may fall off the wagon, but at least we'll be well informed! icon_wink.gif

springlakecake Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 1:24pm
post #586 of 2524

Start Weight: 150.8 Last week: 149.2 This week: 144.6 Total: 6.2

Finally! I lost some weight! Down 4.6 pounds this week and I am really excited about it.

Goals from last week:

1. Follow phase 1 of south beach diet: MET
2. Exercise 3-4 times: ONLY WENT 2X
3.Drink 64 ounces water daily: MET
4. Loose 1-2 pounds: MET

This week:
continue same goals as written above.

2sdae Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 1:25pm
post #587 of 2524
Quote:

So my goals for the week:
1. exercise at least 4 times.
2. Get back to eating healthily<after friday when fast ends>
3. be the best cheer section I can be for all!

LET'S GET THOSE FAT CELLS ON THE RUN GIRLS, WE GOT THIS!!!!!

Except I will add more water and no emotional eating this week. My new fondant gumpaste class starts tonight so maybe I'll be able to channel some of my energies that way to help aliviate (sp) this pent up stress. I am hoping anyway.

2sdae Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 1:28pm
post #588 of 2524

yay Merissa!!!!! thumbs_up.gif
Shellie, I feel ya on the up lbs, but at least you can know some of it is your meds making you retain water...mine is just good ol fat and food! icon_lol.gif

springlakecake Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 1:37pm
post #589 of 2524

I forgot I should add some stuff to my goals. I have some challenges before me this week. Today I am carving a space shuttle cake =SCRAPS
Do not eat! Superbowl parties=junk food. DO NOT EAT. Tuesday night I have a reception to go to=goodies. DO NOT EAT!!!

bluehen92 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 1:41pm
post #590 of 2524

Nice going Merissa!

Shellie, that definitely sounds like water weight - don't stress over it thumbs_up.gif

2sdae - don't stress either, you'll pick yourself back up this week!

-Lisa

bluehen92 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 1:49pm
post #591 of 2524

Another nice surprise for me this week, I lost another 3 pounds icon_biggrin.gif

Start weight - 170. Last week -162. This week - 159. Total 11 pounds lost!

Again I'm keeping my goals the same:
-Treadmill 5 times a week/lift 2 times (still only lifted once this week)
-Drink water when I want to snack
-No mindless snacking!!!

I mostly met my goals last week but I keep having to run errands instead of going to the gym to lift. I am so glad we bought the treadmill last summer because even if I can't get on it during the day, I can when the kids are in bed at night. I ate more NFSC than I wanted to last weekend so I won't be making those again for a while icon_lol.gif

I need to have a good couple of days now because I know I'm going to eat during the Superbowl. I can't watch football and not snack, it's just not possible. Good thing football season is almost over icon_wink.gif

-Lisa

bluehen92 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 1:52pm
post #592 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

Today I am carving a space shuttle cake =SCRAPS
Do not eat! Superbowl parties=junk food. DO NOT EAT. Tuesday night I have a reception to go to=goodies. DO NOT EAT!!!

Eek! Throw those scraps in the freezer! The good thing about the Superbowl is that we're going to have veggies (and dip), so at least I can eat the veggies without the dip. I would think wherever you're going will have veggies too - just skip the dip thumbs_up.gif (Easier said than done!)

-Lisa

2sdae Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 2:27pm
post #593 of 2524

YAY LISA!!!! Good job your fatcell butt kickin this week too!!!! thumbs_up.gif
Luckily the superbowl parties are out of my house so i won't be tempted. I'll be at home with the little one as 8pm is latest she can handle so we stay here at home. Now to just stay away from the left overs and the chocolate ganache I have in my fridge to fill the cupcakes I'm making for DH to take to superbowl party..... icon_rolleyes.gif At least they'll be outta here quick before I can eat even one! I'm jumpin on the water here as I have had 12 ounces already and working on that secound 12 right now... thumbs_up.gif

imtrying Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 3:03pm
post #594 of 2524

I stayed exactly the same and I'm good with that. I have worked out almost every day which is a HUGE improvement from where I was but I have not been drinking my water like I should the last few days and I can really feel it in my hands and feet. Another good note to go with my exercise is that I only snacked one night this week after the kids went to bed, that's a big improvement too.

I lost 9 pounds in the month of January and I have 10 more weeks to reach my goal before I go on my cruise.

That being said, my goals will include exercise at least 5 days in the coming week, drink ALL my water EVERY day, really watch my portions and snack 0 nights after the kids go to bed.

imtrying Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 3:06pm
post #595 of 2524

I should have posted this first but got all caught up in myself - Congratulations Merissa and Lisa, I'm so impressed and wish I were you. Maybe I will be next week.

Seeing sucess within our group is so motivational.

Here's to a good week for all

shelbur10 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 3:25pm
post #596 of 2524

HOORAY Lisa and Merissa!! Awesome week! You can be our inspiration starting the new week!

Rambo Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 4:24pm
post #597 of 2524

Congrats to you Merissa and Lisa. To everyone else hang in there, life happens, I have many a skid mark on my butt from falling.

Praise be to water and no longer being confined to a workout "schedule" I lost 3 pounds this week. I was 224 and weighed in at 221 this morning. I had the munchies REALLY bad last night so I had my nightly cup of cocoa (gotta love a diet that insist you drink cocoa before bed) and folded some laundry to keep my hands busy. Also I think I've worked out more now that I'm NOT trying to go to the gym. I sit around and think of ways to squeeze in exercise in ten minute spurts so I'm exercising all day. I even walked the field at the school yesterday while waiting for my youngest to get out of speech. I'm sure I looked like a dork walking circles on the play ground, but hey at least I moved.

Goals this week are to keep up my routine and add one vegetable (that I've been missing) with dinner.
Also I have a question about my plan of attack for Superbowl Sunday. I will be trapped out in the tullys at my SIL's with a house full of food bought and prepared especially for that day. SO....do I try to save up calories to allow for the over eating that's bound to happen? Or do I try and fill up on healthy stuff at home and plan to just nibble? I need some ideas, I don't want to get into the whole "I'm dieting" thing with the extended family.

Thank you all for your support, it really does make a difference.

2sdae Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 4:33pm
post #598 of 2524

Eat very well at home before hand healthily and drink your water first also. Take some ice water with you and keep sipping on that while there. That'll help with over indulging and you can make the best choices available to you while there and no one has to be the wiser. thumbs_up.gif

springlakecake Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 4:35pm
post #599 of 2524

this is a historic moment....I bought a bag of chips for my kids (thinking I will be able to resist them, but there is a looming doubt) Anyway I opened the bag placed them on their lunch plates, and I didnt eat even one! I rolled up the bag and promptly put them away. I figure if I write this down it will stop me from sneaking some later because then I will have to recant this statement.

Wow Lisa and Amber you are doing great! Another 3 pounds! Shannon, awesome job also for 9 pounds this month!

I know everyone put in a good effort this week!

Rambo Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 5:29pm
post #600 of 2524

Thanks for all the advice on the football game - I don't even LIKE football, that's half the problem, I'm going to be bored out of my mind. icon_cry.gif I'm only repeating this because as Merissa said about the chips, it helps keep you accountable. And if I decide now I won't have a chance to back out slowly as Sunday aproaches. The plan is....Eat like it were any other day, take up my nutritious snacks to eat in the car (it's an hour drive) as well as an extra water bottle and all my favorite board games. Kids are going to love this, mom's undevided attention for five hours. I think I'll be sure to wear my tennis shoes so we can walk if I get too tempted. For dinner I know there will be a veggi tray and we're taking up sandwich stuff so I'll just have to be creative and careful in my choices. I do think I'll allow myself a splurge and have a small piece of cake because one can only go on will power for so long and if I know I get that, it'll make the rest of it easier to resist.

ellantehalima - it's Katie, right? My friend in the dessert close by? icon_lol.gif Plateau's suck! That's why I fell of WW icon_cry.gif Anyway my girlfriend hit one while trying to lose weight for her wedding. She started eating her breakfast a little earlier and added a snack in at a time when she normally didn't eat and bam her body was tricked and she started losing again. I've also heard doing something drastic, like a big ol' cheeseburger once a week for a couple weeks, can shock your system, but I have trouble not lapsing back into daily trips to McD's. icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif Don't give up I kick myself every day when I think, if I'd only kept it up I'd have hit my goal by now. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%