Can I Admit A Cc Pet Peeve?? :o)

Lounge By jessieb578 Updated 2 Oct 2007 , 5:32pm by Heath

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:13pm
post #211 of 552

another PP ~ sorry if this is a repeat ~ i've read so much I can't remember it all now. . .

Topic "This is the very first cake i've ever made in my life" Open it up and it's a very intricate fondant covered cake with royal icing string work and attached fondant embellishments painted with luster dust. Right icon_wink.gif

jeking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeking Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:22pm
post #212 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissT

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

My pet peeve is when people post their cake on a thread saying "look at this". And its not their first time doing it, they just want to get people looking at it. Isnt that what posting the pictures in the galleries are for? Maybe Im just a biatch but it annoys the heck out of me. Because their cake will automatically go into favorites and the cake that you consider to be the best cake of your career that you just posted barely gets three people looking at it!

Yep!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Yep!!! Yep!!! Yep!!! thumbs_up.gificon_mad.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:35pm
post #213 of 552

Moydear and Adven I wasnt "poking" at you all persay....I really enjoy reading your posts that you do make when you have time. I understand not having time. I am in the process of starting up AND raising 3 kids and a dh lol so I know the NO time factor to do things. But I think I will ALWAYS have to learn something. I am certainly NOT as good as you all. What I meant by being the "in" decorators" is that the people that get most noticed. Your cakes AND topics and whatever get noticed more then lets say MINE and I really am not picking on that...but...When I post a ?? it might not get answered like yours would, see what I am saying? I am not picking you all out just using as an example.

If you go through my posts you will see I don't bash anybody, I will help where I can and that might not be very often but I try. When I do sometimes the more "seasoned" decorators sometimes knock my suggestions down, and that is ok to. That is their opinion, I LOVE opinions to each their own ya know, so PLEASE know I wasn't talking BAD about anybody I was just, like you all do, pointing out my observation AND my opinions.

I am just a reg. baker/decorator with so so talent and I plan on making something of myself...going into it with an open mind and willing to learn anything. Therefore you will never see me knock down a suggestion.

Like I said before, If I said I was going on stike NOBODY would care.....unlike you all whom have greater talent ... so that is where that statement came from...it wasn't a jab it was actually a compliment to you and a jab at me.

Sorry to have offended anybody...I guess I could say stick a fork in me I'm done but really that would be a lie cause I love to comment icon_biggrin.gif

Christi (there wasn't any kind of malice in anything I said I hope you all don't take it that way, because if you have read my posts before you know that I try to be nothing but helpful and kind)

wgoat5 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:41pm
post #214 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecakemaker

Topic "This is the very first cake i've ever made in my life" Open it up and it's a very intricate fondant covered cake with royal icing string work and attached fondant embellishments painted with . Right icon_wink.gif

I think this is rather odd also when this happens....I mean you can almost TELL that it isn't their first....maybe it is just that they are trying to get views...or maybe it is their first but I really question some of the "1sts" also icon_confused.gif

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:28pm
post #215 of 552

Before someone starts throwing stuff at me, I'm not trying to be rude.
I've been reading a couple post today. Your pet peeves are now being voiced in other forums. Just because you don't like it, does not give anyone the right to make everyone else follow what you do. Everyone is different, we don't all need to conform.
I have pet peeves also. I ignore and either close it out or jump over the paticular person.
I think these post here are fine, but they are fine in this post only.

wgoat5 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:35pm
post #216 of 552

Well said Julz!!!

MissCathcart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCathcart Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:39pm
post #217 of 552

Well, isn't that special.

Luxe42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luxe42 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:59pm
post #218 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecakemaker

Topic "This is the very first cake i've ever made in my life" Open it up and it's a very intricate fondant covered cake with royal icing string work and attached fondant embellishments painted with . Right icon_wink.gif

I think this is rather odd also when this happens....I mean you can almost TELL that it isn't their first....maybe it is just that they are trying to get views...or maybe it is their first but I really question some of the "1sts" also icon_confused.gif

No, no, no what they meant to say was it was the very first cake they made in their life....on that day.

See!! We just misunderstood icon_wink.gif

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:04pm
post #219 of 552

OK my CC PP is that I've just taken nearly an hour from my work day to read this enitire thread, laughed out loud, causing curious stares from my co-workers, and really all I want to do is read more threads and completely ignore my day job!!! I LOVE CC!!!

wgoat5 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:04pm
post #220 of 552

LOL

I wish that I was that good....

Able to just bake a perfectly level cake, ice it perfectly, make a fondant and royal icing Gucci Handbag and paint it with lustre dust all in one sitting without knowing a thing about decorating, baking and such LOL icon_wink.gif

Luxe42 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:31pm
post #221 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

We have "in" people??? icon_confused.gif

uhh Debi....what about our sorority?

Sugar Delta Tau

*fees are due people!
LL

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:37pm
post #222 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxe42

Quote:

Sugar Delta Tau

*fees are due people!

*gasp* A cake sorority and I'M NOT IN IT!!! I guess I'm not an 'in' decorator! icon_cry.gif Please... I'll even knead your fondant for you!!! icon_razz.gif

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:38pm
post #223 of 552

My PP being the "in" decorator I guess.............icon_smile.gif

breelaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
breelaura Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:38pm
post #224 of 552

Still all in good fun... but a rousing AMEN to whoever brought up spelling. I'm not the grammar police or anything, but when you misspell a key word in something like a recipe or photo or original post, it's not going to pop up in a search... and I need your wisdom! icon_smile.gif (Posts are less of an issue if someone repeats the word later and spells it correctly, but no guarantees there.)

I'm not suggesting anybody is less than intelligent or anything like that... just that you creative spellers make it difficult for lthis ittle old "inside the box" thinker to find your good stuff here. icon_wink.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:42pm
post #225 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by breelaura

Still all in good fun... but a rousing AMEN to whoever brought up spelling. I'm not the grammar police or anything, ... just that you creative spellers make it difficult for lthis ittle old "inside the box" thinker to find your good stuff here. icon_wink.gif

Oh let me add text-messaging shorthand. I'm almost 50. I don't text message. I don't know what the abbreviations are. More than once, I've had to reply to a thread and tell them I might be able to help them if I knew what all of the abbreviations mean.

CC doesn't charge you for letters .... it's ok to use ALL of them!

Luxe42 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:46pm
post #226 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Quote:

Quote:

Sugar Delta Tau

*fees are due people!

*gasp* A cake sorority and I'M NOT IN IT!!! I guess I'm not an 'in' decorator! icon_cry.gif Please... I'll even knead your fondant for you!!! icon_razz.gif

You can be in charge of the paddles! ha ha ha icon_wink.gificon_twisted.gificon_wink.gif

* I guess I am naive icon_rolleyes.gif because I thought we were all the "in" decorators icon_lol.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:47pm
post #227 of 552

[quote="Luxe42"]

Quote:

* I guess I am naive icon_rolleyes.gif because I thought we were all the "in" decorators icon_lol.gif

Absolutely!! Just being a part of CC makes you part of the "IN" crowd, right???

Send me my EAT application! I want in!! (that pic was hilarious!!!)

Melvira Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:50pm
post #228 of 552

Oh, I hear ya!! I am really finicky about spelling in my 'real' life because I am a writer, but I try not to let it get to me on BB's because I know lots of people are not native to English and are doing the best they can. When spelling really irritates me is when it's on a professional sign or advertisement where you know they spent a ton of money on it, and at least 5 people critiqued/spell-checked it. A woman who owns a local antique store bought two very expensive, handmade stained glass windows to put in her store to advertise her business. They say "Antiques, ect. ect. ect." It should say, "Antiques, etc. etc. etc." It flames me every time I walk past it.

Ok, another PP... people who totally change the whole direction of a thread with some pointless story about a neighboring business. icon_rolleyes.gificon_redface.gif

Edited to add: I agree... I think we're ALL the 'cool kids' here! icon_wink.gif

wgoat5 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:55pm
post #229 of 552

LOL

<------------ Can I be a "in" decorator...somebody please tap (or totally beat me senseless) with the cake wand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melvira Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:56pm
post #230 of 552
Quote:

You can be in charge of the paddles! ha ha ha icon_wink.gificon_twisted.gificon_wink.gif

Hmmm... it's like you really *know* me! icon_twisted.giftapedshut.gif

moydear77 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:57pm
post #231 of 552

Melvira.......We should pin our pants and roll them at Tulsa...or we can wear those parachute pants!!!!

Melvira Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:59pm
post #232 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by moydear77

Melvira.......We should pin our pants and roll them at Tulsa...or we can wear those parachute pants!!!!

OMG!! I will so PAY you to wear parachute pants!!!! (I won't walk by you, but I'll laugh really hard!)

As far as the pin and roll, all I can say is, I had crushes on at least 10 gay guys that did that in the 80's!! icon_wink.gif

Luxe42 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:59pm
post #233 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

LOL

<------------ Can I be a "in" decorator...somebody please tap (or totally beat me senseless) with the cake wand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*See Melvira. She has the paddles!! icon_lol.gif

moydear77 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:02pm
post #234 of 552
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moydear77

OMG!! I will so PAY you to wear parachute pants!!!! (I won't walk by you, but I'll laugh really hard!)

As far as the pin and roll, all I can say is, I had crushes on at least 10 gay guys that did that in the 80's!! icon_wink.gif

Not just any parachute pants.....The ones that button on the front (wings) and a ruffle top! You so would walk by me!

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:02pm
post #235 of 552

Luxe42-love the "flag"--so dang funny!

wgoat5 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:03pm
post #236 of 552

paddles, parachute pants and BC...hmmmm should be in the naughty section? LOL

Luxe42 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:06pm
post #237 of 552

[quote="indydebi"]

Quote:

Quote:

Absolutely!! Just being a part of CC makes you part of the "IN" crowd, right???

Send me my EAT application! I want in!! (that pic was hilarious!!!)

I love it! I think we are all in already - no application necessary! Although you might want to watch out for Melvira. She has the sorority paddle and she's in charge of indoc!

Bribe her with cake and you might not get a spankin!

moydear77 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:08pm
post #238 of 552

Wow! I will be in a car with Melvira for thirteen hours a week from now......should I be concerned?

Stefy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stefy Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:10pm
post #239 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

My pet peeve is when people post their cake on a thread saying "look at this". And its not their first time doing it, they just want to get people looking at it. Isnt that what posting the pictures in the galleries are for? Maybe Im just a biatch but it annoys the heck out of me. Because their cake will automatically go into favorites and the cake that you consider to be the best cake of your career that you just posted barely gets three people looking at it!

That really irritates me. Someone recently posted a picture in the gallery and then posted it in a thread in one of those "look at me threads" because no one had viewed the picture in the gallery. WHAT!!!

Luxe42 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:15pm
post #240 of 552

Well wait a moment here.....Miss Melvira's birthday is tomorrow icon_wink.gif Spankings for her instead! Somebody grab the paddle from her!

*OK wgoat5, you're right, I may have steered this thread in the wrong direction *eek* sorry everybody! I will stop with the paddling talk but I just had to to this last post icon_razz.gif

*grown women running around with a paddle. What was I thinking? ha ha ha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%