Need Lots Of Unbiased Honest Opinions, Please Help Me

Business By karateka Updated 13 Nov 2006 , 12:23am by 2sdae

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 9:14pm
post #1 of 23

I am in need of lots of honest opinions. I had decided to go ahead and do the bridal magazine. I got a good price, and there's a wedding cake feature with 6 photos.

Here's my problem. I don't have time to make 6 more cakes. I might have time to do one or 2 more besides the 2 I've finished, but this is all due Dec 1, and that would mean 2 cakes per week on top of the real cake orders and my kid's birthday. I need to know which, if any, of my web site's cakes would be good enough to go in a wedding cake feature in a magazine. Also, if I could use the 50th wedding anniversary cake photo, even though it has a 50 topper. I'm desperate here, and I really need you to help me decide whether to chuck this whole thing, or use some photos from my website.

Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I know I'm no Collette Peters or Toba Garrett. I'm asking for it, so cut loose. But please hurry, if you can....decision needs to be made soon.

Thanks to you all in advance.

22 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 23

Any and ALL of your wedding cakes on your website warrant a place in a wedding magazine! Do NOT pass this up. You're very talented. Good luck!

aboelkens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aboelkens Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 23

OMG They are all beautiful. I just looked at your pictures! I especially like the one you described as "very simple" and the one with the turquoise roses, oh the owl one is great too!!! icon_cool.gif

amylynn8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amylynn8 Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 23

I would choose a varity of cakes, I like the one with the choc. scroll work, I would put the square one, and I also like the one with the red roses on top. But they are all fantastic!

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 23

Just had a look at your cakes and you have nothing to worry about...they are all really pretty and very well done!!..go for it...what an opportunity!!!
I especially like the chocolate scrollwork cake!

Ditter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ditter Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 9:37pm
post #6 of 23

You can and should use any of your tiered cakes, they are all beautiful. Anyone who can do such a great job on a Collett Peters cake should not have to worry. Good Luck.

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 9:39pm
post #7 of 23

Chocolate Scrollwork, Tiffany Lamp and the stacked baby shower cake on your home page. <-- Edit: I meant the gallery page, not your home page.

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 9:48pm
post #8 of 23

I particularly like the all white wedding cake and the chocolate scroll one, but your cakes are wonderful. Use you own judgement, maybe with a bit of confirmation from us CCer's, you can't go wrong. icon_biggrin.gif

UGoCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UGoCakes Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 9:49pm
post #9 of 23

WOW!! they are all great, I really like the black scroll and the first one with the monogram. Good luck!

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 10:14pm
post #10 of 23

Wow! You have got talent! I love all of your cakes but the dark chocolate icing scroll cake and the 50th anniversary cake were some of my favorites. Both of these look like magazine pictures. I would also suggest putting in the traditional cakes but also one of the less traditional designs.

Can I also add that your prices are very good. In my area, a three tier cake to feed 100 with nothing extra and not nearly as pretty as yours cost $400.00.

Congratulations on the bridal magazine deal. I know you will be fine.

TPDC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPDC Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 10:27pm
post #11 of 23

For sure use the chocolate scroll work.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 10:47pm
post #12 of 23

I love all of them, but if i must choose, I say to use the tiffany lamp and the chocolate scroll work, beautiful job on all of them.

o0lilnikki0o Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
o0lilnikki0o Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 10:55pm
post #13 of 23

u have PLENTY of cakes that are worthy of being in a magazine!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 10:56pm
post #14 of 23

I would use the lamp cake and definitly #5 and #6 in the wedding gallery. They are gorgeous. All of them are but those are the two that made me stop in awe.

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 11:04pm
post #15 of 23

ANY of your cakes are magazine worthy!!! YOU have talent, girl!!! I am totally enamoured with the Tiffany lamp!!! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! I'd say go for it. Opportunities like this don't cross your path every day. Good luck and let us know what happens. You know that we're behind you 150% whatever you decide!!!

Amy

shelie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelie Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 11:06pm
post #16 of 23

I would go with the monogram and the scroll cake! Your cakes are beautiful and I am sure which ever you decide on will be super! What a great opportunity to be in a wedding magazine! Good luck with your choices!

heiser73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heiser73 Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 11:16pm
post #17 of 23

What everyone is saying is completely true..you have great talent. ALL of your cakes are amazing, but these are the ones I like best...

Chocolate scrollwork wedding cake
Tiffany Lamp
Collettes birthday cake that you redid
Embroidery flower wedding cake
Building with the fire and the fire truck
Piano cake
Flowered cupcakes are gorgeous as well

I hope I've helped! Good luck...keep us postedicon_smile.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 11:30pm
post #18 of 23

You are very talented & you should do this don't pass it up!!! Use all of the wedding cakes in your gallery!! There all beautiful!! Blessing & Good Luck on your new venture!!!

NessaNessa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NessaNessa Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 6:12pm
post #19 of 23

Oh My!!!!! I love your work!!! You have so many to choose from. I cant beleive you didnt think any of them would be worthy. Very talented.

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 6:25pm
post #20 of 23

My favorites for the magazine, partially because of the photo quality and lighting too, are:

Scroll Wedding Cake
Tiffany Lamp
"Happy BIrthday Judith" cake with the flowers
Colette's rose cake
Wedding cake with was it MJR initials on top?

Your cakes are beautiful! They'll all be great!

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 10:24pm
post #21 of 23

Deff the cake with blue roses and scroll work, the two anniverary cakes are nice additions, the Tiffany lamp shows your diversity as well. It would be good idea for shower cakes and the like. The collettes rose cake is very pretty also, classy.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 11:00pm
post #22 of 23

A million thanks to all of you who took the time to look at my website and give me your opinions. I've decided to go ahead and do the magazine ad.

I am so appreciative of you cc'ers. I've never met a more helpful or supportive bunch of people. Thanks so much for your help.

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 12:23am
post #23 of 23

I am a new memeber and I totally agree, everyone has been VERY helpful and kind. Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%