Calling All Aussies!!

Decorating By gingerkitten79 Updated 16 May 2013 , 10:35pm by derbyfour

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 9:46pm
post #841 of 1030

OMG girls did you see we have 13,000 views - do you feel like the poor little goldfish in the bowl!!

gingerkitten79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerkitten79 Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 9:47pm
post #842 of 1030

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIIIIIAAAAAAA!!!!
I hope you have a lovely day today, i tried to send you a PM but the site is still a little buggy.
luv and hugs xxxx

nicolevoorhout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolevoorhout Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 10:46pm
post #843 of 1030

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAAARRRIIIAAAAA!! Hope you are doing OK, we are all thinking of you!

Tish and Toni get your little tooshies over to the new Aussie forum, I want to set you guys up as moderators, should you be inclined to do so! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

YanaK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YanaK Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 11:04pm
post #844 of 1030

Happy Birthday, Maria!!!!!!!!!! Hope you feel a little brighter today!
Today was my Father's birthday too ....

Cheryl, "No Taste Red" Wilton Paste gives REAL red colour and no taste. There is "No taste Red" in other brands too, I do not remember the names though.

maria892 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria892 Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 11:26pm
post #845 of 1030

Elena: Thank you for the book - I did receive it.

OMG Cheryl 4am!!!!

PAM: Probably best you don't know exactly where I am. My husband would kill me and then the goosie!!! icon_surprised.gif

Thank you for the B'day wishes. I have only just come on to catch up and what a surprise - Birthday messages!! (3 from Gingerkitten!!! a bit excited on the submit button)

And thank you for your thoughts - tomorrow is the funeral at Rookwood Cemetery. My parents are from Regents Park so it will be abig day for us to get up and take my Mum home. A lot of stuff to do.

I have felt like I've been in a washing machine with no water and today is the first day that I have sat down and not had to organise anything.

we need our strength tomorrow - it will be a big day for all of us.

Thanks again for all your friendship.

Today is MY birthday (and Yana's dad's) and I'm not gunna do nuffin'.!! I might even treat myself to some Fish & Chips from the milk bar! Yeah.... That's what we'll do....

and pretend I am in Tuscany in the Piazza with a little goosie beside me eating my scraps. Hey !!! there goes Toni, walking Daisy .. Hello!!!!

Maria xxxx

http://notices.smh.com.au/death/maria892/notice.aspx

Have a look at my Dad's Notice. He used to make these instruments called a zither. He used to play them too at Hungarian do's. He never read a scrap of music, but if you played him a song he would play it off first go. He could even play "Waltzing Matilda" He liked that one.

I tried to answer the pm's but there is a glitch.

maria892 Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 11:34pm
post #846 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplegumKitchen

OMG girls did you see we have 13,000 views - do you feel like the poor little goldfish in the bowl!!

Be the change you want to see in the world
"Only dead fish go with the flow"

PAM: What is it with you and fish anyway????? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

nicolevoorhout Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 11:57pm
post #847 of 1030

Hey great to see you Maria, tough day tomorrow, sending you lots of strength, love and hugs!

OK, believe it or not despite the fact I should be working I went through the 57 pages and summarised the links, so when you're thinking geez one of the girls posted a link, you can just go here

http://cakedec.forumotion.com/cc-related-f12/cc-aussie-thread-t3.htm#22

and see the links! I'm sad I know, oh dear......... I didn't categorise them though does that make me a little less sad? icon_confused.gif

RICKASH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RICKASH Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:07am
post #848 of 1030

Hi Guys

I just thought that I would drop in and catch up. Boy you girls have been busy. I think I last posted on about page 30, so there is plenty to catch up on.
A big big hello to all fellow Aussie out there.
Who would've thought that this thread would get so many replies and of course on-lookers.
icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Maria- I'm sorry for your loss, my sympathy goes out to you and your families. I do hope that you have a very very happy birthday today, as you need a little cheering up. Big Big hugs to you and here is a little cake just for you. birthday.gif

LiLiS- I have to agree with you about the terrible 2's. My daughter was 2 in Sept and has she developed an additude. Everything is NO, NO, NO. My sister bought her one of those dog tag necklace things that says High Maintenance, aint that the truth.

Toni- Those hearts you did were amazing. I bet your hands shoulders and neck were killing you after making all them. Worth all that pain though they were great.

Nicole- thanks for the invite to your forum will do that for sure. Look forward to chatting to you all over there and on here too.

yummymummycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummycakes Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 11:59pm
post #849 of 1030

Thanks YanaK, the brain is obviously frazzled for me not to have thought of that. Thank you icon_biggrin.gif

maria892, go and have fish and chips (add a bottle of wine with it icon_lol.gif )

Was up at 4 with DD who didnt want to sleep icon_cry.gif , typically she woke as I was thinking about throwing the books out the window and going to bed myself.

maria, the submit button must be stuck on CC server because I have 4 thank you's from YOU. thumbs_up.gif

Really should think about studying more............. wonder if there is anyway I could combine law and cake decorating!

maria892 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:28am
post #850 of 1030

Thank you Nicole.

I managed to get onto the other forum, but when I started reading about a new one starting up, I got a bit daunted and thought i would try to investigate at a later date.

You are sad. Categorising. Do you feel better now??

Do you know what I do?? I stay at the Library while Amelia is at singing and I put all the CD's in alphabetical order!! icon_eek.gif

Al you can hear is the desperate "click" "click" "click" of CD's being searched so I can sort them correctly. My friends just laugh at me.

Now that's sad....

We are just organised girls in an unorganised world. Or is it digital girl in analog world or - hhang on - I need to sort that one out....

maria892 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:44am
post #851 of 1030

Oh forgot to say - I am making some Italian Crostoli for tomorrow.

I was thinking I might stack them and call it "Tuscan Mountain" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

and post it in the biscuit section. Might just do that....... icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the cakey RICKASH. icon_biggrin.gif

nicolevoorhout Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:12am
post #852 of 1030

Don't worry Maria, i'm sorry for the confusion I just wasn't happy with the freewebs one, so I found one that is more like here with similar functions and everything. It should be nicer to use, and there will be lots of add ons watch out the Aussie girls are here and we are loud! hahahahahahha

OzCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OzCookie Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:19am
post #853 of 1030

party.gifparty.gifparty.gif HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARIA!!!! party.gifparty.gifparty.gif

Also, my sincere condolences on your loss. ((((((((HUGS))))))

Hope you were happy with the book, it's one I particularly enjoy.

OzCookie Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:24am
post #854 of 1030

Cheryl - here's (((((((HUGS)))))))) for you, too!

Thinking of you as you completely your amazingly brilliant (is there better than a High Distinction?) assignment.
Also, hope your little one is OK. The waiting is always the hardest part, don't you find?

OzCookie Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:25am
post #855 of 1030

Franny, gotta say I'm with you on the chocolate subject - decadence is a right, not a privilege! thumbs_up.gificon_wink.gif

maria892 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:24am
post #856 of 1030

Elena, yes there are some good tips in the book. Thanks

Oh yeah, Cheryl, Of course there is an opening for Cake and Law. Don't you read about all the "Bridezillas" in the US. Imagine the cases you could have under your belt.

"Bride pays $150.00 for twenty layer cake" Ripped off something severe!

"Chocolate filling found in Red Velvet Cake" icon_surprised.gif

" Cake decorator used fresh flowers laced with Dynamic Lifter" icon_eek.gif

" Plastic Icing is NOT plastic icing. Bride disappointed"

" Wedding Cake Topper is not so Tops" icon_lol.gif

He He He

" go on, add some more.....

OzCookie Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:33am
post #857 of 1030

Pam, just to let you know, I have opted for the surgery!
I figure that I've tried everything (and the accupuncture nearly finished me off!) and enough is enough!!
I'll be going in on Monday for the left hand then booking in for the right about six weeks later.
Hang in there, Cake Decorating cupboard - I'll be back!

ApplegumKitchen Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:26am
post #858 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria892

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplegumKitchen

Be the change you want to see in the world
"Only dead fish go with the flow"

PAM: What is it with you and fish anyway????? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

No fetish for fish!! Sorry to disappoint icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
My signature is just my sorry excuse for NOT being the same as everybody else! I've always been the one to stand up and speak out - never been a sheep!! Now do you feel better I have added another animal to my bow! AND no!!! I am not of New Zealand origins and don't need to be told any gumboots or velcro jokes either!
Dinky Di Aussie - 8th generation - ancestors were hand picked by the best judges in England! thumbs_up.gif

I'm on the lookout for another signature - liked one I saw on CC
SAVE THE PLANET - IT'S THE ONLY ONE WITH CHOCOLATE icon_wink.gif

maria892 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:29am
post #859 of 1030

Good Luck with your surgery, Elena. Sometimes it's better just to go the chop and have it fixed once and for all rather than suffering with treatments.

I hope it works for you. It'll take time. Thinking of you. and I hope your kids will help you out a bit. Their old enough, hey??!

ApplegumKitchen Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:41am
post #860 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzCookie

Pam, just to let you know, I have opted for the surgery!
I figure that I've tried everything (and the accupuncture nearly finished me off!) and enough is enough!!
I'll be going in on Monday for the left hand then booking in for the right about six weeks later.
Hang in there, Cake Decorating cupboard - I'll be back!

I'm sure it will go fine - for those of you who think she is running off to copy my EXTREME MAKEOVER !! she is referring to her carpal tunnel operations. I've had both wrists done - last one about 4 years ago.
You'll have FUN Elena, try brushing your teeth with the hand that you don't normally use - really weird! Good luck (you won't need it!) and let me know when you are back on deck - sure you will still manage the one fingered hunt and peck typing to keep in touch!

maria892 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:50am
post #861 of 1030

Once I start frying the biscuits I'm out for a couple of hours. But I wanted to say this.

Back when my parents came to Australia - they are Hungarian, my mum wanted to make the crostoli type biscuit which Hungarians have also. Of course back then we weren't so multicultural and my mum could not find a pastry cutter.

So my Dad went into the garage (back in 1957 mind you ) with a 1956 Penny with King George on it and proceeded to make my Mum a Pastry cutter with a wheel made from a Penny!!

Ha I just remembered that I took it from my mum's not so long ago and THAT is what I am going to use to cut the pastry with. How Cool.

My Dad could make everything. he could fix shoes adn he loved gluing things together. He made a little game with balls on it. I don't know the name of it. It is sold in shops.

And he loved to write. I found OVER 60 black fineliners in his draw the other day. No wonder I am obsessed with Stationery!! icon_lol.gif

OK I gotta go roll, roll, roll, and fry fry fry!!!

franjmc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
franjmc Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:50am
post #862 of 1030

Happy Birthday Maria, and I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad.
I'll be thinking of you icon_smile.gif

maria892 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 2:24am
post #863 of 1030

Pam, check these out...

http://www.quotegarden.com/philosophical.html

that's where I got my donut line. It's lame I know.

yummymummycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummycakes Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 2:58am
post #864 of 1030

Ok so we can combine it (law and cake) icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Just remember that I represent all the cake artists and bakers out there. thumbs_up.gif

I wipe Bridezillas to the floor...... BRING THEM ON!!!!!! icon_evil.gificon_twisted.gif

And I should point out that I am a Virgo so:

'I am always right!!!!' icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

LiliS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LiliS Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 3:49am
post #865 of 1030

Hi maria, my deepest condolences on the passing of your father. Big hugs to you.

Good luck with the surgery Elena

I'm off to the imaging clinic tomorrow for a cortisone injection into the bottom nodule of my left middle finger. it's badly inflamed and every morning i wake up and it's locked in the birdie position and I cant move it. They have to do an ultrasound to find the exact location to put the steroid shot. I'm sooooooooooooooooo scared. OUCH!! Cortisone injections hurt. I just want to use my hands normally again. Even putting in a ponytail take effort!!!

God I feel like I am 1000000000000 years old at the moment icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

maria892 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:37am
post #866 of 1030

BEHOLD!!!!

The Tower of Tuscany.

PS. had to blank out stove top in case you all talk about me... icon_redface.gif
LL

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:38am
post #867 of 1030

Maria - sorry to hear about your dad, (((hugs )))

party.gif Happy Birthday for today !

How old are you ladies? You all seem to be falling apart icon_wink.gif

( I obviously don't make enough cakes !! icon_biggrin.gif )

Cheryl, hope everything goes ok with your little one (((hugs ))) for you too

My daughter Mia will be 2 next month & already has the "little miss " attitude down pat !! She bosses her bigger brothers around, is louder than them, plays guns with them ( snowballs' chance in hell she would be a girly girl !! )
says " shu up " icon_surprised.gif & does the whole "talk to the hand " thing !!!
She cracks me up !!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Soooo different to boys icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks Nic for the other forum !! Now I've got another reason to stay on the computer thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

jo0312 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo0312 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:42am
post #868 of 1030

Maria so sorry to hear about your Dad

Happy Birthday for today Hope your having some wine and cake today with lots of chocolate!!!

Hope everyone is doing well! Does anyone have any ideas for a year 6 farewell cake?

jo0312 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo0312 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:47am
post #869 of 1030

Oh Maria Your crostoli look delisious i can smell them from here not fair I wonder how many weight watchers points one of them have!!! Damn diet!!

ozcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozcake Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:56am
post #870 of 1030

Maria sounds like your dad was a really creative and talented man, will be thinking of you tomorrow.

cheryl did you see the thread about the bride that sued her florist?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%