What???? Some People. . .

Decorating By AuntieElle Updated 14 Sep 2007 , 2:47pm by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Monilynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monilynn Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 11:43pm
post #91 of 179

How sad is this poor lady. I would give just about anything to have a friend who got as excited as I when i get a new shipment of luster dust or some new cake item. Just sad that people are this way and can not share in the something themselves say they enjoy.

Monica

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 11:53pm
post #92 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

You offered the olive branch......she declined to accept it.

f*** her.

Studying word above icon_confused.gif

Umm.. Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel.......

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 11:57pm
post #93 of 179

I like to buy a U! hahahahaha. I'm gonna put this is the "Oh well" basket along with my husband's ex-wife!

elle

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 12:07am
post #94 of 179
Quote:

f*** her.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I just love Debi...you so totally rock!

I 2nd what she said thumbs_up.gif

1nanette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1nanette Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 1:03am
post #95 of 179

Anutie- People who are so filled with spite and bitterness age bad. You keep on being beautiful thumbs_up.gif I still wish you would take two cakes next week icon_wink.gif .

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 1:17am
post #96 of 179

I'm so glad you took that step....now the only thing left to say is to tell her to stop talking about you behind your back.

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 1:24am
post #97 of 179
Quote:

f*** her.

aaaaaaaaa-MENNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My feeling is, if she's been "a professional in the business for 20 years", and is still working at YOUR company, she's either a) not very good, b) not possessing enough business sense to make a full-time go of it, or c) lying about her background and expertise... In any case, sounds like her insecurity might be justified!

Bet she's never seen ANYTHING so beautiful and tasty come out of a Play-doh Fun Factory before icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Just keep on doing what you do. Give her enough rope, she'll hang herself!

DelightsByE Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 1:38am
post #98 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightsByE

Bet she's never seen ANYTHING so beautiful and tasty come out of a Play-doh Fun Factory before icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

...I was just kidding about the Play-doh thing....I went today and bought a clay extruder cuz I want to be just like you!

This is NOT supposed to sound like its dripping in sarcasm!!!
icon_redface.gif

AuntieElle Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 1:40am
post #99 of 179

[quote="DelightsByE"]

Quote:

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif That one had me rolling. DH just came in and said. . .What the? HAHAHAHAHA

elle

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 2:01am
post #100 of 179

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
did someone just AMEN the f-bomb?! this is why i love CC!

DelightsByE Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 2:03am
post #101 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine76

When the F-Bomb is as appropriate as this, IT SHALL BE PRAISED!!!!!

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 2:12am
post #102 of 179
Quote:

Quote:

*Bows to the mighty F-Bomb when used properly*

Ya know... Indydeb said it like I felt it but with much less wasting of words. thumbs_up.gif

I don't mind sharing recipies iwth people who "play nice" and having friends locally to sare with be it customers, ideas, recipes or joint efforts on cakes.

I do mind sharing my ball and jacks with people like MT and when I see them coming I put up the closed sign and tell my children to hide in the bathroom with me until the doorbell hasn't rung for 5 minutes. icon_lol.gif

I just shiver over people like her.

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 3:24am
post #103 of 179

YOU ROCK!!!

You will always know that you did the kind thing. Hopefully, someday she will find some happiness.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 4:11am
post #104 of 179
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks all of you, I am now crying because I am laughing so hard!

Elle, I feel for you, this would be a lot easier if it was just some annoying person you could avoid forever, and not a coworker. I understand she feels threatened, but she's been cutting down your work from the get-go and that's not OK. Good for you for taking it all with such a light heart, and for trying to make peace with her to boot. As a wise sage once said "You offered the olive branch...she declined to accept it. f--- her!" Hm, was that Socrates, Gandhi, dang it I can't recall who said that...

DelightsByE Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 4:15am
post #105 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

Hm, was that Socrates, Gandhi, dang it I can't recall who said that...

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I think it was Mother Theresa........

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 4:43am
post #106 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieTaylor77

but on a side note, I would love to see you leave a beautiful mini cake on her desk . . . a special gift from you!!

OOoooooh! Bet Miss Thang-zilla can't do those!
Really, I can't believe a grown woman would act that way!!
Just keep doing that thing you do and kill her with kindness...and if you happen to rub a little sugar in her wounds...well, I didn't see nuthin'. icon_wink.gif

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 5:18am
post #107 of 179

You are taking the High Road and in a world of business. Being professional, polite and pleasant is what its all about!!! If the coworkers look forward to your tasty treats -- then so be it!! icon_wink.gif

And remember, its your boss you need to please, not another idiot coworker! icon_lol.gif If that lady really was ALL THAT with her cakes & treats, then the rest of the workers wouldn't be salivating over your's!!

.........hmmm, Pat, is there a "C" ?? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 1:11pm
post #108 of 179

I'm starting to bake my weekend cakes this morning and just had to check in here on "The Days of our Cakes! You people have me in tears!

The f* bomb...AMEN to that!

You've given your fair shot a friendship with this woman, if she declines...HER loss! However, if her behavior continues I would POLITELY tell her to back off with the comments!

teenteen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teenteen Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 1:39pm
post #109 of 179

You keep doing what you do, babe! That cake is awesome! She is clearly threatened and insecure. I got a ton of on-the-job clients. I did not even mention my business. I would just bring in treats and let them ask where I "got" them from. You will be surprised what will come out of doing nice things for people. thumbs_up.gif

A wise man said that "you don't have to put someone's light out to let your own light shine". Your evil-baking co-worker needs to hear that.

T-

AuntieElle Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 1:54pm
post #110 of 179

Okay, I am so going to hell for this. . .(Not really but this was wrong) My best g/f called her posing as an interested client. . .(I knowwwwwww wrrrrrrong) I didn't put her up to it, it was her idea but I didn't say no! HAHAHAHA. So. . .She asks MT what her specialties are as she was interested in a unique b-day cake for her DH. which she really does need cept I'm probably gonna make it. Well, MT says. . .I can do pretty much anything you want, I have been a decorator for over 20 years. She asks her about cost, $2 per serving. She asks about fondant. She says she doesn't do fondant an ALL she uses is cream cheese, it's her and her customers favorite. My BFF says. . .I don't care for cream cheese and was looking for something with plain BC or fondant. Again she says, I only use cream cheese, you can barely taste it. BFF says I can! (she HATES cream cheese!). MT says, "sorry". BFF says, "Thank you, have a nice day." I was shocked! How can you limit yourself and your customers? anyway, thought y'all would like that tidbit. She just called me! I had to wait allll lastnight to see if she really was going to do it. I'm baaaaaaad! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

EEEEEEvil Elle

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 2:00pm
post #111 of 179

Evil?? Nah.. if you were evil you would call the health department on thsi shrew. I agree with you though.. how could you limit yourself to ONLY CCF. icon_confused.gif I don't like BC or the teaxture of fondant, but I use it on cakes for people.

You took the high road. she chose not to follow you there.. end of story. Keep using those mad cake skills.. maybe someday she'll come around. If not.. no skin off your back.

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 2:25pm
post #112 of 179

Indydebi:

Quote:
Quote:

f*** her.

Bwahaha Bwahaha haha! You made me chortle icon_evil.gif

You all are sooo bad and I LOVE YOU icon_lol.gificon_evil.gifthumbs_up.gif

Really though, AuntieElle, you've done nothing wrong. I wish you lived near me; I would soooo love a cake buddy! icon_smile.gif

AuntieElle Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 2:32pm
post #113 of 179

Oh! I forgot. . .I'd like a K! Pat I'd like to solve the puzzle!
hahahahaha

Elle

gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 2:44pm
post #114 of 179

You've done nothing wrong! The only way you would have been doing something wrong would have been, is if she had been willing to do the cake your BFF had wanted. She couldn't/wouldn't do what your friend wanted, which is sad. No wonder she is trying to build her client base.

For me personally, probably only 1 cake in 50 is requested with Cream Cheese Frosting, and I HATE to work with it! But if it's what the customer wants, it's what the customer gets. If I am uncomfortable working in a medium, I do let the person know...but NEVER does that mean I am unwilling to do what is requested!!!

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 2:49pm
post #115 of 179

I don't think what you did was wrong...lots of business books recommend shopping the competitor.

Funny stuff! Wonder why she only works with cream cheese frosting?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 2:58pm
post #116 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gifts4Lisa

Funny stuff! Wonder why she only works with cream cheese frosting?

I wondered the same thing? icon_confused.gif

For example, I dont' work with fondant but I do know that it's very versatile and there is SO MUCH a decorator can do with it. Cream Cheese icing, however, is even more limiting than BC (heat / melting factor). I would be curious on just how much of a "business" she has with this very limiting factor. icon_confused.gif If she's been doing it for so long, I guess it's possible ..... but I'd be curious.

Carolynlovescake Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 3:23pm
post #117 of 179

We should all call her asking for BC full sheet cakes! icon_lol.gif

Did anyone notice Elle's comment a few pages back is was something like "my boss won't let me stop bringing them in". thumbs_up.gif

MT will probably revert to whining to management next over it. You boss has your back so she'll probably be told to shut up but in a professional way. thumbs_up.gif

Carolynlovescake Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 3:26pm
post #118 of 179

oh and and...

If sheis so stuk on cream cheese frosting is she stuck on a set cake type too?

I'd love to call her and order a 4 layer stacked all chocolate cake in fondant! icon_evil.gif

Yes I am evil... and I can admit it. icon_razz.gif

Carolynlovescake Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 3:28pm
post #119 of 179

duplicate post...my bad!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 3:41pm
post #120 of 179

Wow. What a funny thread. icon_lol.gif

I can't get over the fact that she uses only cream cheese icing - and wait...you guys are in TEXAS???!!! Excuse me for just a quick second...

icon_lol.gifImageImage

OK.

Does she make those roses out of cream cheese too? I know there is a crusting cream cheese icing but still - I have never heard of completely not working with two of the most popular requests for icing. She just flat out refuses.

I don't know why she's worried about you, she's already boxed herself out of the game. If you were trying to set up shop - it would be easy! All you'd have to say is that you're helping those who WANT BC or fondant because she chooses not to use either.

Amazing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%