Omg!!!!!! Wedding Cake Order

Decorating By susanmm23 Updated 10 Jul 2005 , 12:10am by Cakepro

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:21am
post #1 of 46

OK guys this is crazy, someone that was at the wedding saturday told her sister how great our cakes were. She loved the ugly wedding cake. lol anyways her sister is getting married in 2 weeks and called and asked if we would make it. OMG!!!! Of course we said yes. Now i dont have a clue as to what to charge her. Its for 40 people but she wants a grooms cake too. I will need some help on thr grooms cake but will post that in the ideas section. What i really need is help with our pricing. i am sooo excited this is the first paid cake i will be doing.!!!!!!!!!

Susan

45 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:32am
post #2 of 46

..I just e-mailed you the Price Matrix, that may help! I prefer to do the 3x method and go from there. BTW...a big congratulations to you on your wedding cake order!

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:40am
post #3 of 46

Could you pm me the price matrix too??? Thanks !

marknrox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknrox Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:42am
post #4 of 46

Mrs Missey,

I would appreciate the price matrix as well. If you don't mind, please.

Rox-- icon_redface.gif

email: [email protected]

MrsMissey Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:43am
post #5 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockplace

Could you pm me the price matrix too??? Thanks !

Sure..need an e-mail address

MrsMissey Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:44am
post #6 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknrox

Mrs Missey,

I would appreciate the price matrix as well. If you don't mind, please.

Rox-- icon_redface.gif

email: [email protected]

Sent! thumbs_up.gif

marknrox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknrox Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:48am
post #7 of 46

much obliged, ma'am!

Moviechick00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moviechick00 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:52am
post #8 of 46

Susan

Thats wonderful to have gotten a cake order. I read your post and thought to myself wow she sounds like me when I got my first real paid order. Good Luck!!!! Have fun. MC

Missy

It would be wonderful if you could email me the price matrix. Thank you in advance. Here is my email addy [email protected] or [email protected] Thank you MC

susanmm23 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:53am
post #9 of 46

thanks you guys. Missy i cant get it to open. im sure its my computer. i download it and this it doesnt open. Im not sure what im doing wrong. any ideas????

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:53am
post #10 of 46

Wow, that is exciting news, Susan! Obviously the cake you thought was ugly was beautiful to others! Good luck, I know it will be great! Janice

susanmm23 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:56am
post #11 of 46

thanks janice. i dont know you saw the cake didnt you???? its pretty bad lol. im really excited.

do you guys know if star gazer lilies are safe to put on a cake????

susanmm23 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 2:27am
post #12 of 46

ok i have looked and looked i found out stargazer lilies are poisionous for animals cats and puppies. Does this then mean they are bad for people???? no where in any of the article did it says its a nono for people.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 2:28am
post #13 of 46

Hey Susan, I'm so happy for you!! That's great news!! Remember the humidity made the cake go bad... you did the best you could!! This next one will be so much better!! You'll see to that!!

MrsMissey...

Dawn sent me the matrix before but when my computer crashed I lost it. Could you send it to me again? Thanks! [email protected]

sls0812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sls0812 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 2:49am
post #14 of 46

I do believe stargazer lillies are toxic. I think I read it on this site, actually. Please email me the price matrix! Thanks

[email protected]

eochenski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eochenski Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 2:58am
post #15 of 46

Susan ~ Have you tried saving the document to your computer before you download/open it? My computer never lets me open a document from an e-mail without actually saving it to the computer first. Just an idea! icon_rolleyes.gif ~ Erin

ccbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccbakes Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 3:01am
post #16 of 46

MrsMissey Could you please email me the pricing matrix also. Can you use it for any cake pricing or is it just for wedding cakes,Sorry if that is a really dumb question..just wasn't really sure..Again thank you very much

[email protected]

SweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCreations Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 4:52am
post #17 of 46

Hey Ya'll,
I was wondering if you all have Microsoft word or Excel? this is usually the program that the matrix works with.
~Sweet~ =0)

butrcup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butrcup Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 4:59am
post #18 of 46

Mrs Missey,

Could you send one my way as well....
[email protected]

Huge thanks!!

susanmm23 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 4:59am
post #19 of 46

i have micrsoft i dont know what im doing wrong. im going to see if my dad can figure it out tomorrow.

MrsMissey Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 11:49am
post #20 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanmm23

thanks you guys. Missy i cant get it to open. im sure its my computer. i download it and this it doesnt open. Im not sure what im doing wrong. any ideas????

...not sure! If you want me to re-send..I will!

The e-mail that I sent you was rejected with an automated response saying something "To control spam, I now allow incoming messages only from senders I have approved beforehand.

If you would like to be added to my list of approved senders, please fill out the short request form (see link below). Once I approve you, I will receive your original message in my inbox. You do not need to resend your message. I apologize for this one-time inconvenience. "

MrsMissey Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 11:55am
post #21 of 46

Ok everyone it has been sent! There is a thread titled "Price Matrix"...if anyone else is interested please post under that thread! This thread is to discuss Susan's wedding cake order! thumbs_up.gif

susanmm23 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 4:44pm
post #22 of 46

OK guys here is a link to the cake she wants. with a few changes she only wants the top 3 tiers and only wants the stargazer lilies. She also doesnt want all the extra designs on the side just plain white with a basic border. we are also doing a grooms cake for her but it wont be very big. I wrote down all the supplies i would need and figured it would be about 50 including the flowers. SO i thought 150 would be fair to charge. What do you think.

http://www.dianescakesandmore.com/weddingcakegallery/lilycascadestargazer.htm

edcjenv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edcjenv Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 5:00pm
post #23 of 46

Congrats on your first cake order Susan! I can't offer advice, but I think you'll do an awesome job! It's very pretty.

susanmm23 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 5:04pm
post #24 of 46

thanks im really excited!!!!!

fytar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fytar Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 5:24pm
post #25 of 46

wewww, MrsMissey, I'm glad you said that when you did! I was just about to ask for it myself!!! I'll follow instructions and go to the forum!

Susan, congrats on the order! I can't wait to see pics when you finish this project. I love the design they have chosen.

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 5:35pm
post #26 of 46

Congratulations on your order! I got a call today too from my 50th wedding anniversery cake inquiring about a wedding cake. Doesn't it make you feel good to know that someone liked your cake enough to want you to make theirs?! Congratulations again!

Debbie

susanmm23 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 5:43pm
post #27 of 46

yeah it feels great. although i am surprise since the cake she saw was the worst cake i have ever done. So i guess even my worst is horribly bad to some. lol your cakes are so beautiful its no wonder you got a call.

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 5:47pm
post #28 of 46

Thank you! I'm still learning and still have a way to go! Your cakes are beautiful. Can't wait to see the wedding cake!

Debbie

Wandootie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wandootie Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 5:54pm
post #29 of 46

Mrs. Missy-

Please email me the price matrix.

Thanks!

Wandootie

[email protected]

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 6:38pm
post #30 of 46

I would charge her more than that.... considering the amount of time and effort you'll be putting into those flowers (which are beautiful, by the way), I would charge her probably no less than 200 or 250.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%