Artisan Kitchenaid For $150 At Lowe's

Decorating By SweetieD Updated 17 Oct 2007 , 11:51am by cakeatopia

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 1:00pm
post #271 of 881

Hhmm? I already opened mine up and everything! But this whole Sears thing has really got me thinking now!! Oh.....my husband is sooo gonna kill me! LOL! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

reesesob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reesesob Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 1:02pm
post #272 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbenjr

Hhmm? I already opened mine up and everything! But this whole Sears thing has really got me thinking now!! Oh.....my husband is sooo gonna kill me! LOL! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

LOL, I was thinking the same thing!!!

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 1:03pm
post #273 of 881

where do you get the sears coupon? [/list]

reesesob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reesesob Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 1:05pm
post #274 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letmebeurdesignr

where do you get the sears coupon? [/list]

No coupon, it's the policy... price match is 110%

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 1:06pm
post #275 of 881

What makes the custom metallic series more expensive is the materials they are made of. Your normal KA is made of a rough metal (think a plumbing pipe look) and coated in an enamel paint that is usually baked on. The metallic ones are made from a metal that can be polished as is without needing to be painted so you pay for that. They are mechanically the same mixer though.. one is just more high end.

I am still in disbelief.. LOL. I can't wait until mine comes in.

FromScratch Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 1:08pm
post #276 of 881
Quote:

...i got the 530 dollar mixer that is a Custom Metallic Series..the guy at the store gave me that model number..he didnt give me the artisian which was the one i was suppost to get

No.. you got an Artisan.. the Custom Metallic series is an Artisan too, just one made with a more high end metal. icon_biggrin.gif

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 1:09pm
post #277 of 881
Quote:
Quote:

jkalman:

What makes the custom metallic series more expensive is the materials they are made of. Your normal KA is made of a rough metal (think a plumbing pipe look) and coated in an enamel paint that is usually baked on. The metallic ones are made from a metal that can be polished as is without needing to be painted so you pay for that. They are mechanically the same mixer though.. one is just more high end.

I am still in disbelief.. LOL. I can't wait until mine comes in.

I didnt know the difference..just know that it is a very nice mixer on either one i get for 150 dollars..i am taking course 2 of wilton classes and i called my instructor and told her..lol..told her to tell all the classes ...next class aint till tuesday and i think the sale goes off wed...they better be moving to buy one though

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 1:14pm
post #278 of 881
Quote:
Quote:

Letmebeurdesignr wrote:
...i got the 530 dollar mixer that is a Custom Metallic Series..the guy at the store gave me that model number..he didnt give me the artisian which was the one i was suppost to get

jkalman wrote:

No.. you got an Artisan.. the Custom Metallic series is an Artisan too, just one made with a more high end metal. Very Happy

it shows on the KA website though that there are different series...how come?
and good gawd its the most expensive one they got..is that a good thing? LOL

http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/category.jsp?categoryId=310

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 1:17pm
post #279 of 881

darn i should have gotten the pink one..the breast cancer one..i just noticed that after all this time..im a big supporter of breast cancer....it wouldnt match my kitchen though

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 1:37pm
post #280 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

OMG, thanks for the info!!! Can't believe they are going for sooo cheap! So, I already own one, a Pro 5, God, I really want an Artisan, specially at that price! Is anyone getting who already owns one getting a second one? I feel kind of bad BUT I really want it!!!! Please help me feel less guilty... Thanks again!

I already have an Artisan but I could NOT pass this up! I went and got one from the Metallic Series. Do it! Don't feel guilty, I think you'll kick yourself later if you don't do it. Especially if you get the Metallic series because the regular price for those is $500!!!! You can get that one for $150, seriously go get one!!!!!!

jenbenjr Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 1:46pm
post #281 of 881

JUST DO IT!! LOL....I am seriously thinking about making a trip to Sears although I just got one at Lowes last night. I got the mixer too. But, I am thinking about packing it back up...going to sears and getting the mixer, blender, and toaster! I think I am addicted!

jenbenjr Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 2:39pm
post #282 of 881

Ok.....So here I go again. Off to Sears to see if I can get a better deal than what I already got! Geez.....I feel like I am so bad! hehe....Thank goodness I have such a loving husband that likes a good deal as much as I do! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

kuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kuki Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 2:56pm
post #283 of 881

Does anyone could letme have a copy of your recipt so I can show it to sears and get mine to? my email is [email protected] icon_smile.gif

danar217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danar217 Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 3:05pm
post #284 of 881

HELP...I may be stupid here but what do you mean by Sear's 110% price match. I was just there and they said they will match the price but not meet it?? Is that right or should I fight for a better deal (as if I'm not already getting one!)

icantcook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icantcook Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 3:11pm
post #285 of 881

Do you HAVE to have a receipt from Lowes to show Sears, or will the ad be enough proof? I hope my Lowes hasn't pulled down all of their ads.

And when is this sale over? I tried to look at the weekly ad on the Lowes web page and can't see a "prices good through" notice on the ad. Can anyone with a paper ad in their possession see a date?

danar217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danar217 Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 3:16pm
post #286 of 881

It's good through the 26th...I'm wondering the same...can I just take the ad in or do I need a Lowe's receipt.

Steph2325 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steph2325 Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 3:23pm
post #287 of 881

To price match, all you need is an ad from the other store.

I called my local Lowe's last night and ordered the Brushed Nickel and I got it for $158.88 with tax! No hassle at all. They will call me when it comes in on Aug 3. Sweet!

Happy Day,
Steph

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 3:26pm
post #288 of 881

Thanks ladies, OK, so off to Lowes I go!!! I also want the brushed nickel one!! Love ya all CC ladies (and gents...)

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 3:35pm
post #289 of 881

Is it wrong to feel giddy with just reading about other people getting their new Kitchenaids? icon_biggrin.gif

FromScratch Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 3:54pm
post #290 of 881
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Letmebeurdesignr wrote:

jkalman wrote:

No.. you got an Artisan.. the Custom Metallic series is an Artisan too, just one made with a more high end metal. Very Happy

it shows on the KA website though that there are different series...how come?
and good gawd its the most expensive one they got..is that a good thing? LOL

http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/category.jsp?categoryId=310

They are different only in the fact that the shells of the metallic series are made of more expensive metals. They are marketed to a customer with more high end tastes and the willingness to pay for them. They are the same wattage and the same speeds.. etc.. if you look here http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/product_comparison.jsp?categoryId=310&productId=347,348. this is the comparison chart for the 2 machines.. they are identical in everyway except the finish. Count yourself lucky!! I do. I ordered the brushed nickle too! So while I am not willing to pay the price for the high end product at full price.. i am certainly willing to get it at a discount! icon_wink.gif

vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 4:24pm
post #291 of 881

Went to Sears, all they had was white/white. Their price was $269.99. They PM'd my add, and got it for $138 (150-12, 10% Price Match difference), then I have a $30 rebate, so will get it for $108!!

Then went to Lowes, cause I read they accept Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupons. I picked up the last two metallic chrome because I knew that would work for the $30 Lowe's rebate.

Had a hard time getting them to go from $299 to $150 on the in store items, kept telling me it wasn't the same thing, I finally told them to go punch in the model number I was trying to get, and it came up on their Special Order screen as $150. I was like..by the way, do you accept competitor's percent off coupons (their ad says they do), and they said yes, so I got $30 off, so paid $120, did 2 separate orders ( i have another address to send the rebate to), the $30 rebates spit out, no problem, so will be getting those for $90 bucks each!!

Now, my problem is...I want to keep them all!! I already have 2 KA's, one is the bowl lift that I hate which will definitely go on Ebay.

I'm thinking about buying the special order Custom Metallic and selling those on Ebay to pay for the ones I got today!!

ChristieC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristieC Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 5:03pm
post #292 of 881

So you are saying Sears will price match and honor other stores coupons? Will sears special order any color for you and still price match and or take competitors coupons? Just wondering. I ordered the pink at lowes last night for a gift for my mom. I have a 20 percent off coupon for BB&B and I really would like to be able to get the rebate.

Bev55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bev55 Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 5:13pm
post #293 of 881

I had ordered one from Lowe's, but it didn't qualify for the rebate. I took the ad and the sales receipt to Sears, and they matched it and gave me an additional 10% off ($12.00) for the price difference. I also received a receipt for a $30.00 rebate from Kitchenaid. My final cost will be $118.00. This is much better than the original price of $299.99. I plan to return my first one to Lowe's since I only need one mixer. I feel the need to bake a cake. LOL

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 5:47pm
post #294 of 881

I am wondering if anyone has gotton one from Sears that is Metallic crome?

On the Sears website it only has rebate info for the regular colors, not the metallic series.

I can't believe my DH said go get one!!!!!!!!!! icon_eek.gif

So I'm off to take my shower (no, hadn't done that today yet) and then to Sears. I'm so nervous, cause I'm such a chicken. I just want to make sure I get the one I want! I sure hope I don't have a hard time at the store.

Bev55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bev55 Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 5:56pm
post #295 of 881

I didn't see any of the chrome mixers at my local Sears. I wanted a white one just in case I decided to redecorate. My appliances are white, so I will go very well in my kitchen. I just need to make a trip to Lowe's to return the one I ordered. If I feel the need to get another one before July 26, I will go back to Sears for another price match.

mekaclayton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mekaclayton Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 5:58pm
post #296 of 881

MessyBaker, you are toooo funny...but don't feel bad, I'm a chicken too. Sending my hubby to do my dirty work. LOL LOL LOL...the least he could do since I'm home with the kids and he's out lollygaggin' (without my mixer in hand) icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I can't seem to convince him that we need more than one though icon_lol.gif (he speaks dollars and cents...duh)

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 6:09pm
post #297 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekaclayton

MessyBaker, you are toooo funny...but don't feel bad, I'm a chicken too. Sending my hubby to do my dirty work. LOL LOL LOL...the least he could do since I'm home with the kids and he's out lollygaggin' (without my mixer in hand) icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I can't seem to convince him that we need more than one though icon_lol.gif (he speaks dollars and cents...duh)

This first thing out of my DH's mouth was, "You're gonna have to go do this yourself, I'm not even going with you!".

Oh well, at least he with stay home with the 4 children!!!

I'll just say "Bye!", run to the van and speed off before he asks who is going with me. icon_lol.gif

Wish me luck!!

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 6:20pm
post #298 of 881

I am off today for my kitchenaid adventure!

BTW....I found this rebate offer online. I am not sure if anyone can use it, but I thought I would post it in case.

http://www.comforthouse.com/kitmotdaymix.html

Wita58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wita58 Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 6:21pm
post #299 of 881

I called my nearest Lowes and told the guy at the appliance dept. that my friends( thank you icon_wink.gif dear friends) told me about the mixers on sale for $150 he ck and said they were $199. for the 4 quart. then asked me if I had the model # I said no so he cked again and found them. I just went to lowes and ordered a red one for me and a colbalt blue for my daughter for $150. each. But I will be picking them up as it would have been another $ 65. ea. for shipping to two differant address.
If anyone wants the model # pm me and I will send them to you.
Thanks again and Blessings. Wita

pklundberg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pklundberg Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 6:45pm
post #300 of 881

I went to my local Lowe's and ordered mine today.
I like some of the other CCers on here, tried to sneak a 6qt past them, since they didn't list a particular model number. However, this Lowes had a list of the models at were on sale for the $150. It was listed in their computers, so no sneaking anything by them.
If you go and you look in their KA book, the model numbers actuall have a "150" in them. I didn't have any problems ordering.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%