Artisan Kitchenaid For $150 At Lowe's

Decorating By SweetieD Updated 17 Oct 2007 , 11:51am by cakeatopia

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 2:33am
post #331 of 881

Well I guess I am one of the last ones to get on the "KA wagon"! I have a KA that is 32 years old and the color is "harvest gold".(never a prob with it) Now that really "dates" me! icon_wink.gif Anyway thanks everyone for all the info on this great buy. I went to Lowes tonite with my brushed nickel model number in hand and the guy brought it up on the computer and special ordered it for me. He didn't act like there had been many ordered here. He also said its a promo item icon_rolleyes.gif ( Yea, not a Lowes mistake) Can't wait to get it!

Linda

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 2:36am
post #332 of 881

oh yeah....got to be loving this to get a great mixer for 150 or less. You know Lowes has got to be kicking themselves in the behinds with this misprint...(if it was that).... I can't wait to get mine ...can't wait to see which one they actually send since the guy said the psnk kept coming up with chrome...either one will do...or maybe I should have ordered copper...oh well...good deal even if I didn't get the rebate...

SQcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SQcakes Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 3:16am
post #333 of 881

I'm confused. Maybe someone can help me. I don't have the Lowe's ad, so does that mean I'm SOL? How long is the sale price good for? Is there any way I can get the mixer?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 3:26am
post #334 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linliv46

Well I guess I am one of the last ones to get on the "KA wagon"! I have a KA that is 32 years old and the color is "harvest gold".(never a prob with it) Now that really "dates" me! icon_wink.gif Anyway thanks everyone for all the info on this great buy. I went to Lowes tonite with my brushed nickel model number in hand and the guy brought it up on the computer and special ordered it for me. He didn't act like there had been many ordered here. He also said its a promo item icon_rolleyes.gif ( Yea, not a Lowes mistake) Can't wait to get it!

Linda

I would bet you my kitchen aid mixer is also "Harvest Gold". My mother had it as long as I can remember and I will be 34 next month. She finally felt sorry enough for me and gave it to me about two years ago. I love it! She actually bought her a new one. I have seen hers in action and I have to tell you, they don't make them like they use to. I read somewhere on the forums that the actual gears aren't all metal anymore. I think she would probally trade the new one for her old one. But hey, a gift is a gift, right? I won't let her near her old one! icon_lol.gif

I still ordered a brushed nickel one from Lowes today. Now "Ol Yeller" will have to go under the cabinet. I can't wait to get the new one. It will match my oven, and dishwasher. Now I only need a matching refridgerator. Anybody see a misprint for a stainless one of those?hehe! icon_twisted.gif

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 3:28am
post #335 of 881

First go to the kitchen Aid stand mixer web site http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/product_detail. Pick the color and write down the model number of the Artesian mixer you would like. Take that number to your Lowes store and tell them in small appliances that you would like to Special order this mixer that is in the ad. Ad is good until the 26th of July. I did not have to have the ad when I went in the store and ordered mine tonite. When they look it up on the computer it will say special order promo $150.

lardbutt Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 3:29am
post #336 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQcakes

I'm confused. Maybe someone can help me. I don't have the Lowe's ad, so does that mean I'm SOL? How long is the sale price good for? Is there any way I can get the mixer?

I sent my DH by the store today to see if they had the ads sitting around and he brought me one home. I don't have it anymore, but I think it's good until the 26th maybe? I would go ASAP!

lardbutt Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 3:36am
post #337 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by miriel

From my understanding, there are 3 types of rebates, all $30 each:

From Lowes: For only 3 colors (black, metallic chrome, red) of the KSM150PS (Artisan) and has to be an in-stock item number (148386, 51758, 184335). My special order purchase from Lowe's had 161490 as the item number and it does not match any of the ones eligible for rebate from them. Here is the link for this rebate: http://www.lowespromos.com/PDFs/1598-1.pdf

From BB&B: $30 rebate on KSM150PS (Artisan) and KSM152PS (Custom Metallic) purchased on or after 7/18/07 at BB&B. I have not heard anyone able to get a price match on the Custom Metallic series from BB&B. Here is the link for this rebate: http://bedbathandbeyond.onlinerebates.com/displaypdf.aspx?msg=EJ7WhOukwBwXu4Nz0xJqqDnFcfX2Aa5rYG35ttTkMJDu6%2bCJ4zpvK38VQVtbwWRdImYsYlgtl64OWY2EPFtMI%2fPs1pEoKsgyQHl8yvDH7LH8zhrhB5v1LjV7O7%2bhM3rITmtlHYbup5c%2bD8ewr8MknBpDeZY3S06sop%2fFvoJz9vL823PIIQ%2fN93z3hLEOEtIXXQ%3d%3d

From Kitchenaid: $30 rebate on Artisan and Custom Metallic models if NOT purchased from Lowe's and BB&B and purchased after 7/18/07. I have not heard anyone able to get a price match on the Custom Metallic series. Here is the link for this rebate: http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/pdfs/KP0073_AA704003reduced.pdf

Bottomline is:
1. Eligible for rebate only if purchased on or after 7/18/07.
2. If you got Custom metallic series from Lowe's, no rebate.
3. If you special ordered from Lowe's, no rebate.
4. If you got a mixer on the shelf at Lowe's and it's not black, metallic chrome or red, no rebate.
5. If you got your mixer at a store other than Lowe's, it's eligible for $30 rebate. Use the appropriate form if from BB&B.

That is what I gather from all the message boards I've been reading from.

SQCAKES, Keep this in mind as you decide which one to get!

I went with one from the Metallic Series which doesn't qualify for the rebate. But I still got a $500 mixer for $150.

And thank you Miriel for the excellent info!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 3:45am
post #338 of 881

this is very interesting....check it out about mixers from "Cooks Illustrated"...

http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/2250/mixer-ratings-cooks-illustrated

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 3:47am
post #339 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQcakes

You can go to the store (or call in your order) to the Lowe's small appliance desk.

The sale is for 2 models, Artisan (model number KSM150PSxx) and Custom Metallic series (KSM152PSxx) where xx is the color code.

For Artisan colors, here's the link: http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/product_detail.asp?HDR=standmixers&T1=KTA+KSM150PSbl

For Custom metallic colors, here's the link: http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/product_detail.asp?HDR=standmixers&T1=KTA+KSM152PSCR

Just give the Lowe's salesperson the model number of the one (or 2 or 3) you want and the sales price of $150 should automatically come up.

Hope you get the color you want!

lardbutt Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 3:59am
post #340 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letmebeurdesignr

this is very interesting....check it out about mixers from "Cooks Illustrated"...

http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/2250/mixer-ratings-cooks-illustrated

That is very interesting!

mccorda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccorda Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 4:00am
post #341 of 881

I found this list of part numbers on another website forum. Hope it helps.

KSM150PSPL = Dark Plum
KSM150PSGC = Gloss Cinnamon
KSM150PSCN = Citron
KSM150PSBW = Blue Willow
KSM150PSPL = Cobalt Blue
KSM150PSCV = Caviar
KSM150PSBK = Imperial Black
KSM150PSOB = Onyx Black
KSM150PSER = Empire Red
KSM150PSAC = Almond Cream
KSM150PSMY = Majestic Yellow
KSM150PSPT = Pistachio
KSM150PSTG = Tangerine
KSM150PSWH = White
KSM150PSPK = Pink
KSM150PSMC = Metallic Chrome
KSM150PSGR = Imperial Gray
KSM150PSGA = Green Apple
KSM150PSMA = Mango
KSM150PSSU = Surf Green
KSM150PSWW = White on White
KSM150PSIC = Ice
KSM150PSPN = Persimmon
KSM150PSRB = Reef Blue
KSM150PSBL = BayLeaf
KSM150PSCY = Bing Cherry
KSM150PSBY = Boysenberry

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 4:11am
post #342 of 881

another interesting site...

http://www.consumersearch.com/www/kitchen/mixers/index.html

http://reviews.pricegrabber.com/small-kitchen-mixers/m/909678/

hmmmmmmm even martha stewart has used the metallic series mixer...check it out here....
http://www.epinions.com/content_227505901188

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 4:56am
post #343 of 881

I FINALLY got mine - the manager at Lowe's was a jerk but the man and woman at the appliance counter was cool. Had to fight for it - joker said I had to buy blue because that's what was in the ad... What a dip - I was armed with info so I got mine - empire red and bought another one just to cheese him off.

I will make a call to the district manager tomorrow but !yippee! I got mine - and my brother got his.

icon_smile.gif Rebates go in the mail tomorrow icon_smile.gif

icantcook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icantcook Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 3:13pm
post #344 of 881

Long story, but hoping someone will learn from my experience and "Beat the System"!
Ordered my copper baby (KSM152PSCP) from Lowes yesterday, went to Sears to try the price match/beat deal. First the sales boy tried to tell me they don't do that for "small appliances". I told them for $300, I wouldn't consider this a small purchase! Manager says, yes they do it for large $$ items, not actual size. But then they say they can only do a price match for the same exact item, that they can not pull up an item description for my copper one on the Lowes site,(which I still can not do today) and for $150 there must be something missing (no shield? no dough hook?) included in the one from Lowes, so they can not let me have their $500 version for $150.

Thinking I would rather get a better bottom line than a cool metallic, I go back to Lowes to buy the red one to exactly match the one in stock at Sears, and Lowes will NOT let me buy the red one off the shelf for $150! I pointed out that it says "available by special order" but it doesn't say ONLY by special order - no luck. Something about that they had only a certain stack that could be sold for that "special value price". Salesman says that the shield and extra paddle/hook are not in the photograph, so maybe they are not included in order and that is why the price is that low? He can not tell me what was included or not included in those special boxes, because someone had "just bought the last one" right before I came in. Note on the Lowes ad that there is no product ID specified on it, so the sales man could not pull up the special product so we could see what is or isn't included.

Also, while I was at Sears, the Lowes web site was down for maintenance so the sales manager who was very nicely trying to help me couldn't pull up anything for comparison. Today, while trying to build up my case to try again, I can not find ANY Artisan stand mixers on the Lowes site!

Yes icon_sad.gif I am pouting because I am paying $162 (taxes) for a $500 mixer - I want my price match discount too! I don't really need another mixer yet, just wanted to grab it while it was such a great deal. Having a little buyer's remorse this morning. Those of you who got it got a really sweet deal - congratulations. thumbs_up.gif

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 4:43pm
post #345 of 881

Sorry about the rebate link, I did not see the fine print that said that! Thanks for the info. and sorry about the mis-info.!
Tracy

Tawana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tawana Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 5:53pm
post #346 of 881

Well, I went to Lowe's this morning. I looked on their rack when you walk in the door for their Advertisement paper. The one with the KA was not in there. I noticed a box full of Advertisements hidden underneath the rack , so I helped myself to one of those. Low and behold, there it was!!! $150 for KA, special order. I went to the back to make my "special order" for the Metallic Chrome and the person assisting me said that is an in-stock item and I could just take one from the shelf. I questioned him (like a dummy, I know) and he said "Sure, no problem. They just want you to special order the 'colored' ones."
So, with my three year old and my mixer in tow I head for the check-out. It rings up at $299. I show the cashier the Ad and he did a price override (without any questions).
When my receipt printed, it also printed a $30 rebate!!!!
I am so excited that I didn't have to wait for the special order!!!!! YIPPEE! I'm doing the happy dance.

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 5:55pm
post #347 of 881

Congrats! I wonder how many of us got one because of this thread?!?! icon_lol.gif Isn't it fun?!

vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 6:11pm
post #348 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavacakes

Congrats! I wonder how many of us got one because of this thread?!?! icon_lol.gif Isn't it fun?!

I got 3 yesterday! Two at Lowes (150- %20BBB coupon - $30MIR = $90 each), and one at sears (150-$12PMGuarantee-$30MIR = $10icon_cool.gif.

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 6:19pm
post #349 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdrsolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavacakes

I got 3 yesterday! Two at Lowes (150- %20BBB coupon - $30MIR = $90 each), and one at sears (150-$12PMGuarantee-$30MIR = $10icon_cool.gif.

Holy cow! Awesome!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 6:23pm
post #350 of 881

hmmmm i ordered mine over the phone through the salesman at my local lowes..i didnt get a rebate when he sent me my reciept in the mail....imma call him and find out if my rebate printed out ..if not then imma tell him i want my friggin rebate if i have to take the reciept up there and make them rering it up..i got his cell number to cause he gave it to me..haha ill bug him

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 6:28pm
post #351 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdrsolo

Congrats on your new mixers! Great buys! icon_smile.gif

lardbutt Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 6:42pm
post #352 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by icantcook

Long story, but hoping someone will learn from my experience and "Beat the System"!
Ordered my copper baby (KSM152PSCP) from Lowes yesterday, went to Sears to try the price match/beat deal. First the sales boy tried to tell me they don't do that for "small appliances". I told them for $300, I wouldn't consider this a small purchase! Manager says, yes they do it for large $$ items, not actual size. But then they say they can only do a price match for the same exact item, that they can not pull up an item description for my copper one on the Lowes site,(which I still can not do today) and for $150 there must be something missing (no shield? no dough hook?) included in the one from Lowes, so they can not let me have their $500 version for $150.

Thinking I would rather get a better bottom line than a cool metallic, I go back to Lowes to buy the red one to exactly match the one in stock at Sears, and Lowes will NOT let me buy the red one off the shelf for $150! I pointed out that it says "available by special order" but it doesn't say ONLY by special order - no luck. Something about that they had only a certain stack that could be sold for that "special value price". Salesman says that the shield and extra paddle/hook are not in the photograph, so maybe they are not included in order and that is why the price is that low? He can not tell me what was included or not included in those special boxes, because someone had "just bought the last one" right before I came in. Note on the Lowes ad that there is no product ID specified on it, so the sales man could not pull up the special product so we could see what is or isn't included.

Also, while I was at Sears, the Lowes web site was down for maintenance so the sales manager who was very nicely trying to help me couldn't pull up anything for comparison. Today, while trying to build up my case to try again, I can not find ANY Artisan stand mixers on the Lowes site!

Yes icon_sad.gif I am pouting because I am paying $162 (taxes) for a $500 mixer - I want my price match discount too! I don't really need another mixer yet, just wanted to grab it while it was such a great deal. Having a little buyer's remorse this morning. Those of you who got it got a really sweet deal - congratulations. thumbs_up.gif

Same here about the Lowes website! My hubby was disturbed by the fact that I did not get a rebate printout on my receipt. Even though Miriel gave us the link to the rebate page that clearly shows which models qualify, my hubby wanted to see for himself. He goes to the official Lowes website, and not only can he find NO information about any rebates, he says there is no record that they even sale Artisan mixers. All of the other Kitchen Aid items are listed, but no Artisan mixers at all!

I'm still worried that I may not get the one I ordered. I won't rest until I have that baby under a spotlight on my counter! icon_lol.gif

lardbutt Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 6:43pm
post #353 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letmebeurdesignr

hmmmm i ordered mine over the phone through the salesman at my local lowes..i didnt get a rebate when he sent me my reciept in the mail....imma call him and find out if my rebate printed out ..if not then imma tell him i want my friggin rebate if i have to take the reciept up there and make them rering it up..i got his cell number to cause he gave it to me..haha ill bug him

Just wondering, which one you ordered?

Jenn01844 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn01844 Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 6:43pm
post #354 of 881

YAY!!! I'm so happy I saw this thread. I drove to my nearest Lowe's, got the flyer and then went straight to Linens 'N' Things to do a price match and use the 20% off coupon. I got the Black Onyx for $120!!!!! I was so stoked...came home and read about the $30 MIR! KA Artisan for $90!!!! YA, YA, YIPPIDY DO DA!

Happy Dance! icon_smile.gif

laurafromtx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurafromtx Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 6:51pm
post #355 of 881

I had buyer's "color" remorse, so I went to Lowe's today to see if I could change colors. I had ordered the Cobalt Blue and the Ice colors, and because of you wonderful enablers icon_lol.gif decided I wanted the metallic series Satin Copper and Brushed Nickel instead. My neighbor offered to buy the Cobalt Blue so I had a backup plan in case it didn't work.

I asked the person in Appliances if I could trade the Ice for the Satin Copper, and she said the mixers had already shipped (I ordered last Sunday), but that I could swap the color when they came in, I'd just have to wait another 2 weeks (no problem). I decided to go ahead and order the Satin Copper today because I wanted to see if she'd let me order that $500 color for the ad price. I gave her the model number and as she was typing it in, she started to say the 152's weren't eligible for that price, oh wait, yes they are. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Then she said when the Ice came in, to please see her because she would buy it so the store wouldn't have to 'eat it', plus it was such a good price, she didn't care what color she got. Woohoo!

So the plan is now my neighbor will buy the Cobalt Blue from me, I will get the Satin Copper I really want, and the appliance sales associate will let me trade the Ice for the Brushed Nickel (we'll see how that goes). If she won't let me get the Brushed Nickel, I'll go for the Pink.

I know this word is so out of style, but I am STOKED!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

mommacat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommacat5 Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 6:52pm
post #356 of 881

Help!!!My friends sent her aunt to Lowe's here in Oh and said the ad had changed and it's not in there..anyone have an ad with the expiration date printed on it? I am expecting a final payment for a cake order tommorow and wanted to get one. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

david_e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
david_e Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 7:07pm
post #357 of 881

i buy my second kitchen aid yersteday oh my god this good oportunity for the people wants one i buy my ka in black because my other ka is white the last day special is july 26 2007

misssue23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misssue23 Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 7:29pm
post #358 of 881

I've bought 4 icon_eek.gif

I bought 2 of the Brushed Nickel and 1 white at Lowe's (which I'll probably return), they didn't bat an eye, no problems at all. They didn't even seem shocked at the price. Then after reading here, I went to Sears today and bought a Chrome Metallic. They matched the price no problem, got the 10% off and I got the rebate on top of that! I may try LnT or BB&B to see if they will let me use a coupon with a PM.

Thanks so much to the OP!

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 7:53pm
post #359 of 881
Quote:
Quote:

Letmebeurdesignr wrote:

MessyBaker wrote:
Just wondering, which one you ordered?

I ordered the KSM152PSNK

icantcook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icantcook Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 8:00pm
post #360 of 881

Found a LNT coupon, and called a BB&B 30 miles away from me to see if I could buy one there. The BB&B store manager said she couldn't do it. They got a message on their "company portal" that said to NOT honor the ad due to the error. She was reading it to me off of her screen. Run, kids, run! Before all the BB&B stores read their company portals Monday! Good luck!

Oh and here is a link to the Linens N Things 20% coupon. BB&B will honor it also. Just because I can't use it, someone ought to!
http://lnt.imageg.net/graphics/coupon/ecoupon_7.19.pdf

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%