Artisan Kitchenaid For $150 At Lowe's

Decorating By SweetieD Updated 17 Oct 2007 , 11:51am by cakeatopia

cookiesup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiesup Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 1:54am
post #181 of 881

Unbelievable!! My girlfriend, mother and I just ordered ours!!
I can't thank you all enough for all the info. Mine was really struggling. Especially if I make RBC.
The guy at our Lowes said he sold only 2 last week and isn't sure how long the sale will last.... thumbs_up.gif

malika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malika Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 1:56am
post #182 of 881

I went also and ordered the Brushed Nickel. I want more than one now. It's such a great price.
I asked if they had a catalogue and they said yes, but not with the mixers. I'm thinking they didn't want to go through the trouble. I really wanted the Dark Plum badly, but I'm happy with the Brushed Nickel.

cookiesup Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 2:02am
post #183 of 881

Our Lowes had a huge book with pictures and all of the colors listed...You should really be able to order ANY color. I am havign second thoughts, b/c I ordered the color Ice and can't get the rebate....but I have always wanted a color! SO... icon_rolleyes.gif

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 2:16am
post #184 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesup

Our Lowes had a huge book with pictures and all of the colors listed...You should really be able to order ANY color. I am havign second thoughts, b/c I ordered the color Ice and can't get the rebate....but I have always wanted a color! SO... icon_rolleyes.gif

You can price match at BB&B, special order ice and be able to use the $30 rebate icon_smile.gif

cookiesup Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 2:23am
post #185 of 881

Thanks for the tip...it's already ordered and I don't know if I should push my luck..... icon_redface.gif

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 3:00am
post #186 of 881

I ordered the cinnamon but now I kinda wish I got the brushed nickel. icon_cry.gif Is the brushed nickel pretty cool? That's the first color that I wanted...guess I should've went with my first thought. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Would I be crazy if I had 3?

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 3:08am
post #187 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavacakes

Um . . . no! One mixer for cakes, one for buttercream and fillings, and one for MMF, royal, etc . . . Specialized mixers that are allowed to reach their fullest potential. Sounds perfectly logical to me!

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 3:11am
post #188 of 881

Yipee Happy Dance.

Got the standard white on white Artisan Mama coming August 2 and got it for $159.00 before the lovely little $30 rebate! Little daughter will be happy to be reunited again! We will have to make a yummy cake and have a reuniting ceremony! with candles birthday.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Two, two, two are better than one!

flavacakes Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 3:13am
post #189 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckkerber

Quote:

Um . . . no! One mixer for cakes, one for buttercream and fillings, and one for MMF, royal, etc . . . Specialized mixers that are allowed to reach their fullest potential. Sounds perfectly logical to me!

YESSSS!!!! I'm not crazy!!! Woo hoo!! Unfortunately my husband would prolly kill me. Hmm...or does he have to know????? icon_twisted.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 3:17am
post #190 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckkerber

cakepro - how did you know about the KA rebate to begin with? Was it on the slickdeals website or did you find out about it in the store?

Hi!

I found out about the rebate on Slickdeals.

OMG, I went to Lowe's today and got a SATIN COPPER mixer for $160 out the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really didn't think it would work for the Metallic Series mixers.

It came up in the Lowe's computer as $432 originally, and the guy looked puzzled...so I showed him the ad and told him to go ahead and start the order process, and sure enough, $150 was right there on the screen!

It's my 5th KA but what the hell - I could NOT pass up getting the satin copper one I've been lusting after for a year. I got 2 of my cake students in on the deal today too, so they are the proud owners of a Reef Blue and (something) Grey.

My mom was able to score an Empire Red one at BB&B for $130 after the pricematch and 20% coupon - and hers is eligible for the $30 rebate.

LOL! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!

~ Sherri

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 3:17am
post #191 of 881
Quote:

I ordered the cinnamon but now I kinda wish I got the brushed nickel. icon_cry.gif Is the brushed nickel pretty cool? That's the first color that I wanted...guess I should've went with my first thought. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

The brushed nickel is very cool. It is a very good deal since the MSRP on those is $530.

And no, you're not crazy to have 3 icon_smile.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 3:21am
post #192 of 881
Quote:

No, I just ordered my 5th one - hahaha! My husband thinks I'm crazy but whatever. icon_biggrin.gif

My Pro6 is Cinnamon Red, and it's gorgeous. You won't be disappointed!

~ Sherri

campinsp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
campinsp Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 3:23am
post #193 of 881

When does the sale end?????

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 5:37am
post #194 of 881

sale goes through the 26th!

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 7:14am
post #195 of 881

Because my husband saves newspapers (don't ask, there'r papers here from at least 20 years ago, but I can't complain there's cake stuff taking up FAR more space icon_lol.gif )... What date do I need to go and find to get mine?????

My mixers are on their last legs (one is in the shop now icon_sad.gif ) ... Also, is it only on tilt head or on the lever ones??? The reason I ask is the one that is in the shop is a lever action and even though I don't like it as much would like to get a 2nd one of those because that's what I use in the biz kitchen...

Anyway, I think I'm going to go the BBB route if I can because it's just closer to me..

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 7:48am
post #196 of 881

Can anyone send me this circular? I can't find mine anywhere!!!! I will call Lowe's first thing in the morning and try to order mine, but just in case, may I have one PLEASE?

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 8:07am
post #197 of 881

I just printed off the add that someone scanned on another board, do you think that they will honor this?

jesaltuve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jesaltuve Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 12:43pm
post #198 of 881

What date is the flyer from? And how long does it go? Do I still have a chance?

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 12:50pm
post #199 of 881

The flyer is for 7/11-7/26.. so you still have time. icon_biggrin.gif

7-10 days is not going to go by fast enough for me!!!

reesesob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reesesob Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 12:53pm
post #200 of 881

I didn't need the ad at all... I went to the kitchen section, told the girl I wanted and she rang it in.

I also saw a GIANT stack of them right at the front door when I walked in...

HTH

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 1:01pm
post #201 of 881

Yeah.. I didn't need the ad either.. infact.. I just called over to my local Lowe's and did it over the phone. You just need your model # that you can get from the KA website. It's for the 150 and 152 series mixers. The 152 series are the best deal since they the MSRP is $529.00.. but they only have 3 finishes. I can't wait for my metallic brushed nickle to get here!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

flavacakes Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 1:21pm
post #202 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Quote:

No, I just ordered my 5th one - hahaha! My husband thinks I'm crazy but whatever. icon_biggrin.gif

My Pro6 is Cinnamon Red, and it's gorgeous. You won't be disappointed!

~ Sherri

Oh good, I think the cinnamon will match my kitchen really well. I just wonder if it's stupid of me not to go get that brushed nickel since it's worth $530. icon_eek.gifdetective.gif

reesesob Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 1:45pm
post #203 of 881
Quote:

Oh good, I think the cinnamon will match my kitchen really well. I just wonder if it's stupid of me not to go get that brushed nickel since it's worth $530. icon_eek.gifdetective.gif

HAHAHHA, I got the Pink one and I was just thinking the same thing about trading for the brushed nickel!!!! But I'm going to keep the pink since $50 will go to the Susan Komen fight for a cure foundation.

malika Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 2:19pm
post #204 of 881

Y'all are making want to get another one....

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 2:25pm
post #205 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Girls, if you take your Lowe's ad to Bed, Bath, and Beyond, they will pricematch it plus you can use a 20% off coupon. Oh, and at BBB, you can get a $30 rebate from KitchenAid. That makes it about 90 bucks after all is said and done. icon_smile.gif

You should go to www.slickdeals.net if you like deals like this. Seriously. This kind of thing (price mistakes) happens way more frequently than you might think. I've gotten some incredible deals using Slickdeals techniques.

Thanks, that's an even better deal! Now how do you get one of those 20% off coupons?

Thanks for the link to the slickdeals website, too. It has some neat stuff on it. thumbs_up.gif

cookiesup Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 2:51pm
post #206 of 881

Just went to BB&B..big memo went out to all stores...they would not price match...they are on to the Lowes deal....It may be worth a try though icon_wink.gif

malika Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 3:02pm
post #207 of 881

Does anyone have the item number for the 4-slice toaster that's also on sale?

Tonja Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tonja Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 3:16pm
post #208 of 881

IT works in Tyler.... I called and gave them my cc number and they are sending the brushed nickel.. he said he would call me back because he thinks they have it in stock. I am sooooo excited!!! IT is my FIRST KA!!!!

reesesob Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 3:22pm
post #209 of 881

so this is how I have justified buying another mixer to my husband...

"I have basically got mine for 27 bucks... here's the break down, $150 mixer plus tax minus $50 paid by my mom minus $30 mail in rebate eqauls $77 paid by me (BUT $50 donated to SBK)" icon_lol.gif

AND HE WENT FOR IT!!!!!

thumbs_up.gif

flavacakes Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 3:45pm
post #210 of 881

Are the brushed nickel series also Artisans? Are they the same exact mixer as the other colors? Because if they are the same then I'll just keep what I've got but if they are better than I'll try to get it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%