So Irritated With Wilton

Decorating By Melvira Updated 6 Sep 2006 , 4:52pm by lilypie

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 75

Do any of you also 'hang out' at the Wilton BB's? If so, have you had problems with them changing your posts? It takes them like 24 hours to approve a post, and when I go back and read what I've written, they have edited it to make it sound the way THEY want it too. That is really starting to P me off!! AND I AM A LICENSED WILTON METHOD INSTRUCTOR!!! I am thinking about not going to their website anymore because if there is one thing I hate, it's someone changing my words on me. That's how misunderstandings get started! I just need to vent this and see if I'm not the only one here. I like this site better anyway... it's a lot more fun, and the people here have been awesome! I am glad I stumbled across it while reading a post at Wilton... I guess I owe them that much! Haha! icon_razz.gif

74 replies
Cookie_Brookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie_Brookie Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 75

I read them one time and stumbled across a link to this site and haven't been back since. icon_biggrin.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:00pm
post #3 of 75

I visit periodically but don't like the post delays and YES..they have changed words in my posts before...that is why I no longer frequent there!!

dyenana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dyenana Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:03pm
post #4 of 75

Yep found this place and really haven't been back. Maybe get everyone to boycott and come over here.

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:08pm
post #5 of 75

LOL read about CC there too. I go there to scope out pictures but not nearly as much as I do here. There is always something new happening here, that's part of the reason I never seem able to stay away very long, I might miss something. icon_biggrin.gif

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:13pm
post #6 of 75

same here. i needed help NOW, and got it 2 days later. while surfing around their site to see if s/o else had ever asked the same question (very difficult, they're not as organized as cc), i found a link to this site, and i always either find my answers, or get answers immediately!! cc has been great to me!! and i never go back to wilton anymore, no need to! thumbs_up.gif

lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:14pm
post #7 of 75

I used to go there quite a bit. I've gotten some great ideas and recipes and stuff from there... but NOTHING like i've gotten from here!! I also found this site through there icon_biggrin.gif. It floors me that everything has to be approved before actually being posted, and they dont post on weekends! I've seen posts from people there that are in an emergency situation.. Well by the time it's posted it's basically too late! I absolutely LOVE it here icon_biggrin.gif

Kelrak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kelrak Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:15pm
post #8 of 75

Last summer their bb's were different, but when I went back there last week, they were difficult to use. I didn't know that my posts had to be "approved", so I kept re-posting the same thing over and over.

When you need help fast, you don't want to wait for them to approve your message. I bet too many people were spreading the word about CC and other non-wilton products.

Melvira Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:16pm
post #9 of 75

I am SO glad to hear that from you guys... right after I submitted that I thought, "Oh God, a bunch of loyal Wilton people are going to massacre me! Maybe I should just delete it!" Don't get me wrong, if it weren't for Wilton I wouldn't have all this cool cake stuff, but I just think they took it a step too far with the changing of posts. If they don't like something we say, they should send a note saying "Thanks, but we aren't going to post that unless you change, blah, blah, blah." You know, give us a choice, but don't put words in our mouths! Anyway, we're here now and LOVIN' it! This is the coolest cake site I have come across so far!

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:16pm
post #10 of 75

I found CC when I first went to the Wilton site and I have not been back since. Sounds like it's a good thing not to go to the Wilton boards. I wouldn't want anyone messing up something I wrote to make it sound better for them.

Melvira Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:17pm
post #11 of 75

Oh GOD Kelrak... they must have thought you were psychotic!! icon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:20pm
post #12 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowerfreak

I wouldn't want anyone messing up something I wrote to make it sound better for them.

A-men!! That's what irritated me, if you said anything that sounded even remotely negative about a Wilton product they would change it. I mean, I was using profesional language and not being disparaging, just saying what I thought of the taste of their premade fondant, and they hacked it apart and made it sound like I liked it!! UGH!! icon_mad.gif

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:26pm
post #13 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie_Brookie

I read them one time and stumbled across a link to this site and haven't been back since. icon_biggrin.gif

Same with me! I love CC because it's not biased with one product-one opinion. Don't get me wrong, I really like most of Wilton's products, but at least we can talk about what we don't like and why HERE.

Kelrak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kelrak Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:29pm
post #14 of 75

Melvira,
No, I'm not psychotic, but I work with people who are! I work in the nutrition dept of a state mental hospital. Funny choice of words. I am a little crazy about frosting though. icon_lol.gif

I think Wilton's forum is psycho. They should look at CC for an example of how a forum should work. Most of their products and their website are good though.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:29pm
post #15 of 75

they changed some wording of my posts before and it was really odd of them to do so since I was complimenting someones cake and others were questions I was replying to so I could help them out. Mentioned cc on the site a few times and finally checked it out....needless to say I'm more of a CC fan.

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:29pm
post #16 of 75

I agree! I thought it was always like that until I found this awesome site and realized that it's true...the grass IS greener on the other side!

Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:35pm
post #17 of 75

I agree with you guys. I don't care for Wilton's board. If you post on Friday, it doesn't get approved and on the board until Monday. I'm addicted to this site now!! I rarely go to Wilton's site anymore. (However, I am a Cake Mix Doctor fanatic as well)

nenufares Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nenufares Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:40pm
post #18 of 75

I am so surprised to hear all this!!!! I've never used their post forum. Love to surf wilton's website to look for cake photos or ideas but never felt like going into their forums, looks kinda boring over there.... and now I know why.... Doesn't make any sense to me that your post has to be approved before somebody can read it. Like somebody else said... when I need help I want somebody else to answere to my post righ away.
Any way, bad for them, they are just loosing people.

Cakeasyoulikeit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeasyoulikeit Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:51pm
post #19 of 75

I posted there some about 2 years ago before finding CC (don't even remember how I found it!). I was irritated to death about waiting for posts to be approved and how hard it was to do a search, but I never had any of my posts changed. I never go over there now unless I am looking for something really specific and can't find it on CC (and how often does that happen!). icon_smile.gif Thanks for giving us the BEST board out there!!!

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 12:16am
post #20 of 75

I haven't been there since I found this place. I hated that they had to approve everything. It's not like there's a loung or a dirty section like there is here. I mean, well nevermind, I won't go any further.

But, if you needed an answer right now, you'd have to wait all weekend to get it if you posted on a fri.

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 12:27am
post #21 of 75

I haven't been there in a looooong time.

I was quite tired of them taking so long to approve a post.... But hearing that they are editing your comments, now that's silly.

I sent them an email to renew my password and sent them two email, but never heard back from them.

That's too bad.

I browse every now and then to see the pics that are being posted and see if there is anything new... But I can't obviously post anything since my password has been forgotten... icon_eek.gif

jennianne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennianne Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 12:35am
post #22 of 75

I could never get them to stop sending me "new" posts to threads I commented on. I don't need to get 20 emails a day about how long to bake a sheet cake! I rarely go back now.

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 12:40am
post #23 of 75

I also found it very hard to find pics, you had to read through all the posts, there is no galleries like here...

heavenscent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenscent Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 2:05am
post #24 of 75

I have to agree with all that has been said. The only good thing about them wa finding out about cc. I have gone back a couple of times to look at pictures but they take forever ta post I need help when I need it now two days from now. Plus I found that people were more people here have better talent & are more talented. I can't recall them changing my words though. Oh well cc Rocks! icon_lol.gif

sprgirl1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sprgirl1978 Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 2:27am
post #25 of 75

Ditto to everything that has been said! One thing I found funny is that they have a notice before you post to make sure you spell-check, because it will supposedly take longer for your message to post if there are errors. Who cares about spelling errors? And I have seen posts with spelling errors on there, even after the screening.

I found the loooong wait for post approval to be very strange (and frustrating!). The first time I ever posted here, I posted the same question on the Wilton BB, and by the time my question appeared (no answers yet, just the question), I had a dozen answers from wonderful people here!

CakeCentral is the place for me!

donnajf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnajf Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 2:28am
post #26 of 75

Out off fustration - I found found CC from their bb- Thank God! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I am also a Wilton instructor and I think that they need to revise the bb - it's old and soooo boring. NOT user friendly at all and they don't seem to have progressive approach to the industry! SAD, VERY SAD!

Thanx for being here CC!

Luv -ya icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 2:40am
post #27 of 75

I used their BB only for a few days, until I read a post talking about CC. I went to check i out, registred and forgot about Wilton's. Got back last month just to look, and it was so difficult, not easy like here, so I never got back. I'm NEVER ever going back again to theirs!! I love the site for ideas and such, but the BB just sucks. CC is way better, help comes fast, it's easy, clear and practical.
And may Iadd: very addictive!!!!!

CC rocks!!!!!

chrissy410 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissy410 Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 2:58am
post #28 of 75

actually bumped into this site from Wilton boards and haven't gone back! Love this site. It's so much easier to get a quick response to a baking question!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 3:55am
post #29 of 75

Yep, the only thing the Wilton BB was good for was the link to this website. LOL! WMI here, too!

mhill91801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhill91801 Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 4:04am
post #30 of 75

The first cake website I went to was wilton. I also got this site from there, and SO glad I found this. I once posted a question at wilton about some problems I was having with their bags. I wasn't bad mouthing them or anything, just wanted to see if anybody else was having the same problems, or if it was just me. Anyway, they sent me an email denying my post. icon_mad.gif Then offered to send me some free products which I never got until I wrote to them directly and complained. That was one of the last times I was on their site. I tried to go back when CC was down for a few days to get my fix, and it did not work at all!!! This place is the best!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%