Nasty Neighbor Vs. Karma!!!!! (Guess Who Won)>>>

Decorating By TheCakeShak Updated 18 Jun 2005 , 6:23am by tcturtleshell

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 3:01am
post #1 of 14

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Hey once again everyone!!! I just HAD to let you all in on the (hopefully) last time of->"As The Nasty Neighbor Continues Soap".....hehe...

Check this out........the neighbor just called me the other day to I guess to smmooosshh things over with me......You could tell she was smmoossshhing.......anyway,,she said she just wanted to 1..make sure I got all my gear back.....(See, I told you it was HER who dumped my gear),,I in my nice way told her yes and thanked her........2.......she wanted to let me know that everyone was raving at how deliscious?(did I spell that right?) the wedding cake was, how the groomsmen came up 3 x's to eat cake and some guests took home some cake..3....how everyone was raving that this cake was way better than Bakery cake and 4.....that she was reminding me that she has two more relatives who were getting married and she wanted me to do their cakes for her.....

Well, ding....ding....ding......in my polite self I told her to just have her relatives give me a call and I will speak directly to them...she asked me did I want her to bring them to my house.....I told her, it wasn't necessary...she says to me,"Oh, I get it,,you just rather not have to see me",,,I told her, she was correct.......SHE asked if I had a problem with her.......KARMA kicks in now.......

I very politely told her the whole shibang of the problem I had that she created with me and I decided I was not going to deal with her antics...
I could tell she got miffed.....and then she told me,,,,,"well, ok,,,that's fine,,,but will you at least still talk to my relatives for a cake order?!"
I told her no prob.....then as we were getting off the phone,,,she told me to remember she is just up the street and to not forget about her...
"What does that mean?"" I say to myself...... icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

So,,I wanted to share hopefully the final saga of this soap with you so you all could get a good chuckle out of it. I breathed a sigh of relief and I was GLAD it was FINALLY over with......And I feel really proud of myself that I maintained my professionalism and didn't tell to crawl back under her rock.....

Talk to you all later.......have a good nite......
Crash(Kathy)

13 replies
CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 3:10am
post #2 of 14

Good for you for not sinking to her level and just letting "karma" takes it's course....maybe she learned a lesson! I hope for your sake that this drama is over now and you don't have to deal with her anymore! icon_lol.gif

cakes-r-us Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes-r-us Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 3:11am
post #3 of 14

Congratulations on keeping you professionalism. It usually pays off in the end. Great compliments on your cake. Just remember she is just up the block, she'll now probably try to get you order in the neighborhood. Cha-Chingggg.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 3:18am
post #4 of 14

I am soo proud of you! You handled yourself much better than I would have. I have been quietly following the "as the neighbor gets nastier" soap and am so glad the title can be changed to "watch Kathy be the better person" so often in life my mother would tell me "they will get theirs", I just never got to be the one to give it to them. I am glad you got the satisfaction of it and remained with your professionalism in tack. GOOD FOR YOU!

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 3:21am
post #5 of 14

Perhaps now that she knows you will stand up for yourself (politely), and that she can't bully you, she will actually be an agreeable person. Sounds like she had an inkling that she had been in the wrong all along!
Kudos to you for rising to the occasion!

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 3:40am
post #6 of 14

She did open the door for a "quick jab" or 2 but good for you for not letting it get to that-she knew she was in the wrong and that is why she asked you if you had a problem with her-and how great of you to just state the facts in a very diplomatic way and that is probably what she needed-who knows-this may very well put her "on the right track"-something a bit bittersweet came out of your sweetness-you got rave reviews on your cakes, have some new orders out of it and maybe, down the road some, may have a new friend out of this....

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 5:06am
post #7 of 14

Good for you, that was a thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif response!
Hugs Squirrelly

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 2:40pm
post #8 of 14

LOL She just won't quit huh? I'm glad you were able to tell her what the issue was and now it's out in the open. The thing is, I'm sure she already knew what the issue was. She seems to thrive on drama. Good for you for remaining tactful and professional. And good luck on the future cakes!

Something tells me that it is not over with her. I bet she'll be doing the same ranting and raving at the other weddings, as if she baked the cakes herself.

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 3:55pm
post #9 of 14

You know what I think? (Now don't spit at me for this one!) I think that since you were polite and made her understand what she did to you was wrong, I will lay odds that she will straighten up her act and become one of your better allies in the neighborhood. You have shown her a good example of 'do unto others....'

Debbi

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 4:14pm
post #10 of 14

You did good! By telling her you'd deal directly with her relatives and she would not have to accompany them, you've now gotten her out of the picture... you did not need her there trying to "negotiate" your prices for them or having you to "work with them" on the price ... I think you handled it very professionally icon_smile.gif

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 5:34pm
post #11 of 14

Good for you! I'm glad it worked out for the better...you told her the truth about her actions and your feelings and even better....more business to come!

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 5:42pm
post #12 of 14

Good for you for being totally honest with her, that takes guts! That is nice of her to recommend her other two relatives to you though, hopefully you can work directly with them and not have to bother with your neighbour anymore! Good luck.

Melissa icon_razz.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 6:32am
post #13 of 14

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif dont you just love it when miserable people get whats coming to them!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 6:23am
post #14 of 14

YOU GO KATHY!!!! I'm so glad you posted about the situation! You really took our advice too! We had your back!!

I always say you can kill someone with kindness. You told her w/out even having to tell her!!!!! Hope that makes sense!! Your kind way of telling her off will definetly make her go off & do something kind. I'm sure she doesn't feel good about herself because she is always giving everyone a hard time. You just showed her how to act to a friend!!!

It's contagious!!! Great job!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%