I Am So Lucky

Decorating By nernan Updated 15 Jun 2005 , 3:56am by SquirrellyCakes

nernan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nernan Posted 13 Jun 2005 , 5:43am
post #1 of 15

I was saying to my DH that i need some more cutters, cake boards and a turntable next time we go to town.
Well today is our 2 yr anniv and after being in his shed most of the day he comes inside holding a box. I look inside and he has made me an array of cutters, cake boards and a turntable, i almost cried because he is so thoughtful and always wants to help.
I am sooooooo lucky he can do this stuff, now he's worried of what else i will come up with.
Just wanted to share it with you.

14 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 13 Jun 2005 , 5:47am
post #2 of 15

Oh, that is so sweet Nernan! What a good DH you have! My DH does things like that too! I used to not like getting things for the kitchen as gifts but now that I'm doing cakes that's all I want from anyone!! I can't wait to see the photo's your going to be taking using your new boards & cutters!!! Tell DH he made lots of points w/ us here on CC!!! icon_smile.gif

nernan Posted 13 Jun 2005 , 5:58am
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

My DH does things like that too! I used to not like getting things for the kitchen as gifts but now that I'm doing cakes that's all I want from anyone!!

I'm the same tcturtleshell, it used to be witches i wanted as presents, now its anything cake related. We are lucky.

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 13 Jun 2005 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 15

Oh, that is so sweet and romantic! How thoughtful of him! Do you think he could have a talk with my husband?? icon_lol.gif Just kidding! As TC said, he made major brownie points with us! thumbs_up.gif

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 13 Jun 2005 , 6:03pm
post #5 of 15

Now that is a gift from the heart. He thought about what you wanted, listened to you and then went about creating the gift! What a nice thing to do!
I used to want romantic gifts but I must say, the year hubby got a Kitchen Aid for Christmas and this year when he bought extra bowls for it and new spatulas and a true square pan, well he scored a lot of points, haha! It is nice to think that they are listening!
Happy Anniversary!
Hugs Squirrely Cakes
PS - tell him a cupcake tree or a cake tree would also be nice, haha! Gives him something else to work on!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 13 Jun 2005 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 15

..you are lucky indeed! Gifts like that mean so much more, don't they? Happy Anniversary to both of you!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 13 Jun 2005 , 7:17pm
post #7 of 15

that is sooo sweet. i too have a hubby who is always thinking of me. right now he is tdy,(temporary duty) in germany for three weeks training to go to iraq. he has called me every day since he left just to say good-night and i love you. icon_twisted.gif usaribbon.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 13 Jun 2005 , 7:42pm
post #8 of 15

Happy Anniversary! Good for you!!!! thumbs_up.gif

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 13 Jun 2005 , 9:41pm
post #9 of 15

That was really sweet of him! Hope you have a nice anniversary!
traci icon_razz.gif

nernan Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 5:50am
post #10 of 15

Thanx everyone, and he did read the posts and now has a big head.
Squirellycakes, thanks for the idea on the trees, he has now asked and looked and guess what, its in the making.

smoothc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoothc Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 1:22pm
post #11 of 15

Good for you nernan! Your DH apprieciates you and your work.
Happy Anniversary

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 2:07pm
post #12 of 15

I would say that you are indeed a lucky woman! Although my DH is not handy in the way your DH is, he has never said no to any of my requests (Unless I count Tom Jones....... LONG story!). Infact, he's been very supportive of my cake decorating endeavors, right down to supporting my decision to retake the Wilton classes as I took them 20 years ago and need a refresher course.
Nernan, you tell DH that he rocks!

nernan Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 1:22am
post #13 of 15

It is nice to see so many ladies with supportive other halves. I know soooooooo many women who's husbands whinge at everything they do, mine is very "arty" and can turn his hand to almost anything, we've been through alot this last 18mths and he's learnt alot about me. Cakes are my way of doing something outside work and he always has suggestions and ideas that work. Did i mention i dont cook, he does. He should have been a woman.

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 1:30am
post #14 of 15

Hubbies can be so wonderful (even in the notsowonderful times-and they all have them!)-and its the part where he made them for you-not just listened and went and got them-my hubbie makes my boards, helps me set up, transport-reminds me if I say I have run out of something etc. He offers constructive criticism if I need it and support all the way around. I say we are all lucky to have them!!

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 3:56am
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nernan

Thanx everyone, and he did read the posts and now has a big head.
Squirellycakes, thanks for the idea on the trees, he has now asked and looked and guess what, its in the making.

Well you are just spoiled rotten, haha! What a nice guy!
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%