"nasty Neighbor Strikes Again!"

Decorating By TheCakeShak Updated 13 Jun 2005 , 6:33am by flayvurdfun

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 14

icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif AAArrrggghhhhhh!!!!!!!! I am so angry at the moment!!! You all remember that nightmare wedding I had to do and how it was FINALLY over with?!

Well, I remembered that the bride told me that her cousin who is my nasty neighbor was going to be bringing my gear back to me so that the bride can get her deposit back....

Well, the other day, as I went to open my blinds up for the sunshine to come in, I saw something on my porch....So, I go to look at what it is, me still in my jammies,,,I open the door and behold, the brides "return gear" bag that I made for the bride..The bag looked as if it was somewhat "thrown" on my porch..I looked at my copy list of the gear that was to be returned and it was all there..Except for me missing some pieces of the fake fern leaves. (No big deal for this)...But I was really angry at how my stuff was returned to me..

I was even thinking of turning into a little devil and when the bride asks me if I got my gear back, to have told her "nope" icon_evil.gificon_evil.giftapedshut.gif

But, I didn't go that route, I figured the bride went through enough on her special day etc...So, I made copies of her deposit check , then a copy with the "void" stamp(after I got my gear back), and a copy of the check torn up. And I put it in the mail to her..Now I figured, that if the bride sends me a letter letting me know how the service was to her, then IF she asks me about the gear, I "might" mention to her in which the manner it was returned..but I don't know at the moment..I have to really "cool" down first..... icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

I just can't believe how nasty this neighbor really is.......I hope I NEVER have to go through something like this ever again....And I told my hubby that if I come across someone who is like this, then I just will not do their cake...I don't need this aggravation........Wow!!!!

Well, thanks for letting me vent........ icon_cry.gif

13 replies
AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 14

Your neighbor just won't stop will she. This is my opinion, if the bride contacts you to let you know how everything turned out I think you should mention what your neighbor (her cousin) did. You provided friendly service to the bride and you should get the same in return. I know it wasn't the bride who returned your stuff in this manner but she should at least know what happened. You would at least think that adults would act like adults but obviously your neighbor has a lot of growing to do. Sorry you had to go through this. Maybe this is the last situation with your neighbor that you will encounter. I hope so. I feel like I want to wring her neck.

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 2:41am
post #3 of 14

That woman is just bent on irritating you it seems. I don't think I would mention it to the bride if it were me. There is nothing really to be gained from it- you will not look any better for it, and you will most likely not change the bride's opinion of her cousin. (Who knows, maybe the bride doesn't really like her either.) The bride can't change what happened at this point. If you had a positive experience with the bride herself, leave it at that and move on. You'll be a better person for it.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 3:01am
post #4 of 14

Have you thought about talking to your nasty neighbor? Maybe if you talked this situation out with her, then you will be able to finally know why she is still being so nasty and the two of you can hug and make up icon_wink.gif

TheCakeShak Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 14

icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif No stephanie,,,at this point I really REALLY don't want to talk to my nasty neighbor...Because I am still aggravated over the whole thing with her that right now I just want to not only break her boney neck but put my size 8 up her hinney.... icon_evil.gificon_mad.gif

I really don't care at this point either what the heck her problem is......nor do I want to try to figure her out...I figure she is just a bitter ol' gal who is just not happy no matter what.....people like that I just rather not be associated with...

I figured that one day she will come or call on me to do another cake for one of her relatives or friends and it will be then that I see the KARMA come full circle and I will be polite in telling her "No Thanks,,I can't do cakes for you anymore" and when she asks why,,then I will tell her,,"because I really don't like to have to put up with rude people" etc....

As for me,,,I have moved on......it's over with.......I just wanted to vent because I have NEVER been faced with something or someone like this yet alone have my gear "thrown" (sorta) on my porch.......

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 5:46pm
post #6 of 14

CrashDummy2, I would move on too! You have other orders & you don't need nasty Ole' neighbor messing w/ you! Stand your ground & never ever do a cake for her again.

IF she ever calls you again... & needs a cake for a family member... I would tell her that you'd be happy to do the cake for that family member ONLY that you will not deal w/ her!! If not that way then you won't do it. Tell her to give you their phone # & you'll be happy to call them. If she asks why you won't deal w/ her then she has just opened her own can of worms!!!!!! TELL HER WHY!! She needs to see how she's been treating you!! Me personally would not cuss her & degrade her. I would tell it like it is & that be that~ That way you can walk away free of quilt & happy w/ yourself!! thumbs_up.gif

Good luck!!

PS Are you sure the neighbor was the one that brought the bag back??

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 5:53pm
post #7 of 14

Hi crashdummy2,

I can understand completely. I was trying the NICE attitude thing out because my Mom tells me all the time to watch my mouth, so far, it hasn't helped : tapedshut.gif x . I know that I would feel the same way as you, I don't have alot of tolerance for very ignorant people!!!

As the old saying go, if I could be a fly on the wall when you finally get your chance to confront your neighbor. Just remember, stay calm because of the blood pressure.

I think that I speak for us all here at CC, whenever you feel the need to vent some anger about your neighbor, BLAST AWAY AT US, WE FEEL YOUR PAIN thumbs_up.gif

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 6:07pm
post #8 of 14

My saying is, kill them with kindness icon_biggrin.gif .. I just smile and ask them so nicely how they're doing while inside you're totally seething with anger... believe me, I know how you feel.. but remember, you have to live by this person and making the situation worse just won't help matters.. you're right in that you do not have to do a cake for her, and I do not blame you one bit .. I wouldn't do a cake for her either .. you have a right to refuse to do a cake for anyone for that matter... I think you're handling the situation well and you know we're all here for you whenever you need to vent icon_smile.gif

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 6:43pm
post #9 of 14

Hmmmmmm, I've been sitting back pondering on this situation..... if you have been close neighbors for a long time... that's a shame this has happened to you....HOWEVER... think about doing reverse phsycology on her..... bake her a little 4 or 6" cake , thanking her for returning your things and how happy and pleased you were to be a part of the brides special day.... and then let it go at that... Don't do any more favors for her in reducing your prices... if she wants everyone to have cheap cakes she can go take classes and do them ... You're hands are clear of the matter...but I would bake a little thank you cake for her....
just a suggestion.. you don't have to do it..
cakegal

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 7:17pm
post #10 of 14

this is why i hesitate to do weddings. i've done two for family and friends and one for someone at the last minute, which i will never do again. i'll stick to birthdays and baby showers. decorating cakes should be an enjoyable experience!

TheCakeShak Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 7:53pm
post #11 of 14

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif hey there again.......hey Ms. turtle and cakemom? Have no fear..I am WAY above her and this situation.....I have more respect no matter what...Cussing won't get me anywhere.....stooping to her level won't help either...I just figured she is either a bitter ol' pill, or jealous because I can do cakes and she mentioned previously, she wanted to do cakes too..

I will continue to respect her,,until she gets nasty in front of me, then I will just simply ask her, why is she so bitter?? Or just smile at her and walk away....who knows.......Besides, she lives about 5 houses up from me, so I am not really worried about it......

I was thinking of baking her a small cake just to take and tell her thank you...but don't know yet....hmmm......
Oh, well,,,but thank you again,,,,,for allowing me to vent......as I said previously, I have never been in a situation like this before and I hope to not go through it again......what a rack of nerves!!!!!!

as far as "she" dumping my gear off, I am 100% positive it was her because she asked me for the bride gear bag and "I" handed it to her and she said "she" would make sure I get my gear back.......who else could it have been,, the cake fairy??? hehehe......

Anyway,,I am just glad I got my gear back.......thanks again.......

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 8:17pm
post #12 of 14

I don't know about the approach of being nice to her again, this is how all this got started...you were too nice to her!

I think probably in this situation I would do my best to completely ignore her and pretend she doesn't exist, even when I came in contact with her! Janice

TheCakeShak Posted 13 Jun 2005 , 12:31am
post #13 of 14

icon_confused.gif thanks veejay.....your prob right......but that is how I am,,,,,,I am a very nice person,,,,,,very easy to get along with,,,,,until someone cross's me wrong or very rude to me,,,,,then all respect stops......

But, like my hubby told me,,,to just ignore her "she's ignat" like he says....he makes me laugh.......

But I do know this and that is that I will not longer "cut" my prices....my prices are what they are.....and if the bride or whomever,,,,feels they can get a better deal elsewhere,,,then more power to them and happy hunting.....

thanks again.......
crash icon_wink.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 13 Jun 2005 , 6:33am
post #14 of 14

there are some nasty people out there.... their life must be a miserable mess!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%