Where Is Everyone From?

Decorating By debsuewoo Updated 15 Aug 2007 , 7:35pm by Shaynamills

mdsquared Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdsquared Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 12:00am
post #511 of 611

I'm in Southern NH, a few minutes north of Portsmouth. I was born in PA, just south of Corning, NY, but moved to Maine 20 (OMG) years ago and then NH over 10 years ago. I love hearing where everyone is from.

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 12:51am
post #512 of 611

Hey 35 pages and all I saw were 3 aussies and 1 kiwi. I know you guys are out there. I'm an Aussie too. Queenslander!!!! LOL

4 Babies, 17 14 13 and a 3 yr old. Married divorced and with a lovely man now and so new to cake and cookie decorating that I am still wet behind the ears.
Cheers

Leigh

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 1:53am
post #513 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsilvus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyseas

Wow, this is great. The post that never dies! I actually scanned through every page of this thread looking for someone close by.

I live in Visalia, California and grew up in Hanford, California. Yeah, ChrisJ! I see you live in the Central Valley as well! My mom was raised in Porterville.

cakemaker & iluvcakes27 - is Spearfish, SD a very big town? A childhood friend of mine moved there many years ago!

I've been married for nearly 10 years and have two boys, age 8 and 2.

Hi!! DH was stationed in NAS Leemore for 4 years!!!! We miss it! thumbs_up.gifusaribbon.gif

Small world...my dh was stationed there too for 4 years. What squadron was your husband in. Mine was VFA-146, 1996-2000. I never lived there but visited often.

I'm now in Beaverton, OR but I'm from Vancouver Canada!!! DH from Knoxville TN.

Wow, DH was stationed from Dec. 95 until June 2000, he was with VFA-25!
Small world indeed! icon_biggrin.gif

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 1:57am
post #514 of 611
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsilvus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Quote:

Wow, this is great. The post that never dies! I actually scanned through every page of this thread looking for someone close by.

I live in Visalia, California and grew up in Hanford, California. Yeah, ChrisJ! I see you live in the Central Valley as well! My mom was raised in Porterville.

cakemaker & iluvcakes27 - is Spearfish, SD a very big town? A childhood friend of mine moved there many years ago!

Hi!! DH was stationed in NAS Leemore for 4 years!!!! We miss it! thumbs_up.gifusaribbon.gif

Small world...my dh was stationed there too for 4 years. What squadron was your husband in. Mine was VFA-146, 1996-2000. I never lived there but visited often.

I'm now in Beaverton, OR but I'm from Vancouver Canada!!! DH from Knoxville TN.

This is so neat! My brother-in-law is stationed at NAS Lemoore (originally from Oklahoma City, OK and met my sister when he moved here). He is currently out to sea on the USS Nimitz.

AND my sister-in-law used to live in Beaverton, OR (now in Silverton) and my mother-in-law lives in Brightwood, OR.

We have a friend in the Nimitz!!! And also DH best friend is back in CA after being together in VA, now we are in FL... God I hate moving!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

bethyboop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethyboop Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 2:47am
post #515 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetconfections1

I live in Kansas City, Missouri.

sweetconfections,
me too! I am new to decorating(it is still kinda of a hobby) do you know any great local places to get supplies or conventions, or anything like that? I actually live 30mins north of KC, but I work at Truman Medical Center so I am in midtown all day long!

aliciababcock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciababcock Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 3:03am
post #516 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasSherry

I live in Northwest Kansas but was born and raised in Nebraska home of Go Big Red.....

My husband and his family is originally from Nebraska. I hear "Go big red" alot around here with them around

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 12:16pm
post #517 of 611

I'm originally from MA. Married an Army man, moved to his home town. Now I live in Vermont. I still visit MA, but it is always nicer to come back home to the north country. icon_biggrin.gif

apclassicwed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apclassicwed Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 8:00pm
post #518 of 611

I'm in the Detroit, MI area ('burbs, but city born & raised !!)

iluvcakes27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvcakes27 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 1:02am
post #519 of 611
Quote:
Quote:

Spearfish, SD isn't a very big town about 10,000 people give or take. But it is beautiful and the people are fantastic, it's just very appealing. It's ranked somewhere in the top places to retire to.

oneprimalscream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oneprimalscream Posted 2 May 2007 , 1:38pm
post #520 of 611
Quote:

I'm from Visalia as well.

CelebrationsbyLori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationsbyLori Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 5:11am
post #521 of 611

I'm in extreme SE Kansas, where Missouri meets Kansas, meets Oklahoma. Pittsburg to be exact... no "h"!
lol -Lori

seebring77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seebring77 Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 5:29am
post #522 of 611

Hi all, I am close to Detroit Mi, Live in Brownstown. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 5:30am
post #523 of 611

I'm glad to see some CC's from Kansas! I live in Salina which is right in the middle of the state....pretty close to being right in the middle of the whole country!

sugarbakerqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbakerqueen Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 6:03am
post #524 of 611

The great capitol city of Washington state....Olympia. Originally from CA. but I love it here. Married 7 years (been together 12) 3 kids 17, 14 and 13. icon_cool.gif

beany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beany Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 8:09am
post #525 of 611

OMG this is such a long thread! It's an old one too....I've probably answered this before, but I don't have time to read through 35 pages!

I'm in Western Australia. I used to live in the city of Perth but I moved to this small town 7 years ago.

0TNIC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
0TNIC Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 8:29am
post #526 of 611

I live in Wellington in New Zealand!
Love it here but talking to you ladies on here i think id be in heaven over there with everything you girls have!!!!!

People tend to forget about poor lil NZ

froggyjustjumpin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
froggyjustjumpin Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 9:27am
post #527 of 611

I live in Stillwater, Oklahoma. Traveled a little while hubby was full time army. He was stationed at Ft. Campbell, KY, from the we went to McComb, MS were he was a army recruiter, and then to Shawnee, Oklahoma still as an army recruiter. He stayed in the army guard and then the reserves until he retired. I used to work for Oklahoma State University, over 13 yrs. Now I am a stay at home grandma that bakes cakes for friend and family.
My dream is to one day meet as many of you as possible.

sugarbakerqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbakerqueen Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 12:22pm
post #528 of 611

Wow! New Zealand. I hear it is beautiful over there.

reapergrrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reapergrrl Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 12:38pm
post #529 of 611

i'm from iowa, where we have corn, and, ah, corn, and more corn. goodie goodie. icon_rolleyes.gif

usuzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
usuzy Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 12:39pm
post #530 of 611

hi everyone i'm from montreal canada.

tsuitor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsuitor Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 12:40pm
post #531 of 611

I am in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

kcw551 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcw551 Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 12:40pm
post #532 of 611

I'm living in Ft. Collins Colorado, but was born and raised in New York south of Rochester.
Kim

arwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arwa Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 12:44pm
post #533 of 611

hey everyone, Im originally from india but moved to Dubai, U.A.E since 6 years.
Arwa

Shamy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shamy Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 12:49pm
post #534 of 611

Hi All,

I was born in Sri Lanka and lived in Canada- Toronto, and now living in Boston Massachusetts.

I love this web site

SweetToothCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetToothCreations Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 12:51pm
post #535 of 611

I'm originally from Richmond, Virginia, but now live in Clermont, Florida

midgit1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midgit1205 Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 1:04pm
post #536 of 611

Hi everyone!! I think I only saw one other person - montanakake (hopefully I spelled that right) from Big Sky Country. I'm in Billings, MT, grew up in a small town about 15 miles west of here called Laurel. Also lived in Alaska for a few years. Glad to meet everyone!

sdrper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdrper Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 1:12pm
post #537 of 611

WOW this is long but fun to read and see where everyone is from. I am from Malvern, Arkansas. It's about 60 miles South of Little Rock. I have been married for 18 years and have 2 great kids, a 13 yob and a 10 yog. I started cake decorating after my mom gave my sister and I certificates to the first Wilton class for Christmas and I have been hooked ever since.

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 1:24pm
post #538 of 611

Born in England but moved to Canada when I was a little girl...now living in Canada's capital, Ottawa.

Interesting thread!

rustyk10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rustyk10 Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 1:30pm
post #539 of 611

I'm from Reading in England, been into cake decorating for about 20 years - more a frills and flower girl than novelty cakes but have made a few of those - once did a cricket field with 13 cricketers and two umpires on it and have twice done a rugby pitch with two teams but not sure I had the full comlement of players. One player had to be coloured as one of the lads team mates was! Fantastic to be able to chat to people all over the world

charmie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charmie Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 1:42pm
post #540 of 611

Hi everyone I live in New brunswick Canada am close to Moncton. I am 5 mins to the beach and about 2 hours from the Maine boarder. I to love this site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%