Dont Know What I Was Thinking..love Chocolate Transfers Now!

Decorating By springlakecake Updated 27 Nov 2009 , 4:16am by mrsmudrash

Bzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bzer Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 10:47pm
post #121 of 242

Thanks for the info on where to find picture. One more question...How much more would you charge for a Ct?

thanks

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 10:54pm
post #122 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

Thank you! I do have the WBH book, though I learned mostly from cc and then a lot of trial and error! I look forward to seeing your cakes!

Oh, of course you do. I should've known just looking at your beautiful butterfly cake.
Can't seem to upload any pictures in the forum or gallery icon_cry.gif
Hopefully, they'll fix the server soon!

jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 3:37am
post #123 of 242

Yes, I'd like to know, too, what to charge for a CT? Anyone?

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 11:46am
post #124 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelectables

Yes, I'd like to know, too, what to charge for a CT? Anyone?

I havent charged special for them, though I dont sell a lot of cakes. I figure it is part of the decoration of the cake. But if you do several for one cake, it can be really time consuming. At that point I probably would consider charging more for the time.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 1:01pm
post #125 of 242

Thank you for the tips on making your CT. I tried one a year or so ago and it was a disaster! I must try again!

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 1:54pm
post #126 of 242

Your cake turned great! Thanks for posting your results. I really enjoyed reading through this thread!

mbarbi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbarbi Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 6:29pm
post #127 of 242

your chocolate transfers looks great as well as the cake...congrats!!!

would like to try ct soon icon_smile.gif

Temptations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Temptations Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 10:33pm
post #128 of 242

Wow! This thread is great! Lots of great info. I've done a few FBCT and had good success. This thread has inspired me to try CT. The results are awsome!

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 6:42am
post #129 of 242

Could you make CT in advance ..say week in advance and keep them in a fridge???

Or what's the best way to store them?

springlakecake Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 11:01am
post #130 of 242

You can make them very far in advance. I just keep mine in a covered container, out of the fridge. The fridge can make them fragile.

anku Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 10:35pm
post #131 of 242

Thanks sooo much! I'm will attempt them for the first time for my son's 1st B'day! Hope everythings goes well icon_smile.gif

anku Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 7:35am
post #132 of 242

Well...I attempted CT today and I think they came out quite well. Only problem...when I took them off the parchment paper the chocolate started to become kinda soft on my hands.....what did I do wrong????
Should I keep them on the parchment paper and then store them in a airtight container?
Will they be ok in the month of June and outside or do the CT on a cake need special treatment?

Also, can they be put on a fondant cover cake or it should only be a bc covered cake??

Please advice.

arwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arwa Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 8:26am
post #133 of 242

i really want to try CT. But we dont get Candy melts here. The wilton store here says tht due to the climate they're unable to get it. can i use regular white chocolate and colour it?

LizzyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzyB Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 9:26am
post #134 of 242

Hey Arwa we're neighbours!! I too would like to know the answer to your question, as you know, our Wilton supplier is soooo limited!!

Incognito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Incognito Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 10:48am
post #135 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Check out :
http://www.chocolateart.com.au/
Really interesting use of chocolate transfers... icon_smile.gif

OMG, Brett from Chocolate art is an absolute ledgend!! He did my wedding cake last year and it was just gorgeous! He is a lovely guy and really good at what he does.

Here is a picture of my wedding cake

anku Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 4:25am
post #136 of 242

Hello,
Can anyone please help me up with my questions????

Thanks

springlakecake Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 11:47am
post #137 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by anku

Well...I attempted CT today and I think they came out quite well. Only problem...when I took them off the parchment paper the chocolate started to become kinda soft on my hands.....what did I do wrong????
Should I keep them on the parchment paper and then store them in a airtight container?
Will they be ok in the month of June and outside or do the CT on a cake need special treatment?

Also, can they be put on a fondant cover cake or it should only be a bc covered cake??

Please advice.

Well you can't handle them much or they will start to melt. You might have to be careful if it is a hot day or they might melt. I did some in August, but the cake was kept indoor and it was only about 80 degrees, but they were fine. I guess maybe if you can find out at what temperature the candy melts melt...then you will have your answer!

I put mine on a fondant cake, no problem!

anku Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 5:26am
post #138 of 242

Thank you so much Marissa. You are the best!

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 5:41am
post #139 of 242

Okay you all got me wanting to to cts the thread is great I had some white candy melts left over from Christmas and decided to color it in 5 dif colors and do some practicing when melting they seized up and separated like a hunk of curdle choc and some oil i tried adding a little crisco but no luck Anyone have this problem before?? If so please advise me on solution TIA I'm anxious to get started icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 5:52am
post #140 of 242

If it's seizing, I'm guessing you used gel paste colors to color it or somehow got moisture in it??? Your best bet is to use the candy colors though some have had luck with adding crisco to offset the seizing. Keep adding more Crisco - at this point, that's about the only thing I think that could save it. There is a product called Paramount Crystals (basically shards of paraffin) that also help counteract seizing when using gel pastes but they're not easy to find and you most likely don't have any on hand.

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 6:01am
post #141 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Check out :
http://www.chocolateart.com.au/
Really interesting use of chocolate transfers... icon_smile.gif

They have some super nice cakes on this site. thumbs_up.gif

springlakecake Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 12:48pm
post #142 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakenutz

Okay you all got me wanting to to cts the thread is great I had some white candy melts left over from Christmas and decided to color it in 5 dif colors and do some practicing when melting they seized up and separated like a hunk of curdle choc and some oil i tried adding a little crisco but no luck Anyone have this problem before?? If so please advise me on solution TIA I'm anxious to get started icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

I agree with ckkerber, the chocolate will seize when using regular colors. I personally just find it easier to use the colored candy melts and only color them when absolutely necessary with candy color (oil based)

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 4:58pm
post #143 of 242

After reading 10 pages of thread, Let me get this straight:

1. Use chocolate wafer or chocolate you can purchase out the food store and melt down as your base.

2. To add colour use different color candy melts to change the colour of the chocolate.

Is this correct,

springlakecake Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 5:25pm
post #144 of 242

Just make sure you dont use real chocolate. It needs to be the candy coating (like the wafers or sometimes called almond bark) because otherwise you have tempering issues.

You can mix the wafer colors to make new colors, use candy colors (oil based) or use regular colors by adding crisco or flo coat so that it wont seize. Personally I just buy the candy colors in all the colors they come in and mix for new colors. If I need a color I cant buy precolored (like black or deep blue or deep purple, then I use candy colors.

majormichel Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 10:54pm
post #145 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

Just make sure you dont use real chocolate. It needs to be the candy coating (like the wafers or sometimes called almond bark) because otherwise you have tempering issues.

You can mix the wafer colors to make new colors, use candy colors (oil based) or use regular colors by adding crisco or flo coat so that it wont seize. Personally I just buy the candy colors in all the colors they come in and mix for new colors. If I need a color I cant buy precolored (like black or deep blue or deep purple, then I use candy colors.

I'm sorry, I guess its been a long day for me. Please break it down for me. What ingredients do I need to do chocolate transfer, this is my first time learning about this. Okay, i know Wiltons sells different color candy melts, you mean them. Where can i buy the actual chocolate needed for the transfer. So after I melt the chocolate add for example a red candy melt to get the chocolate a red color.
icon_redface.gif

springlakecake Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 12:11am
post #146 of 242

You just need the candy melts (that is what is meant by the chocolate in chocolate transfer) I guess a better term for this technique would be candy melt transfers. You can buy them already colored and then you will not need any more supplies. Or you can buys some oil based candy colors to color the white melts.

majormichel Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 12:39am
post #147 of 242

Merissa, I was so confused. Thank you for clearing up things. icon_lol.gif Now I can sleep tonight and dream about the different transfer I will do. icon_rolleyes.gif

springlakecake Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 12:45am
post #148 of 242

I am glad you get it now! Let me know if you have any more questions!

Verina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Verina Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 6:36am
post #149 of 242

Love it - it came out so nice!

Suzy40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzy40 Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 1:17pm
post #150 of 242

I am goig to give these a try this weekend , they look so nice and not too mention tasty ,
is there a link to the exact how to on here as I cannot seem to find it

Suzy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%