Two Color Decorating Bag Inserts

Decorating By 2cakes Updated 3 Aug 2006 , 5:45am by Cyndi1207

2cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2cakes Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 25

Hi everyone, does any one know what size tip I can use for this type of bag? Cause I try putting on a regular size coupler in this type of bag and then realize that I only should be using only one instead of two. icon_cry.gif I need to go out and get the right one, so please can someone help me out with this. I need to use two different color icing in each bag so that when I begin to do my borders, I would have the two tone color effect. Thank you and greatly appreciate your help. Have a great evening.
icon_smile.gif

24 replies
irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 25

2cakes, seems like there was a thread on this a while back. I have been looking for it but can't seem to fing it, it also gave the web-site where you could order the bags. I wanted to order the piping bags but just don't know where to get them, so heres a bump and hopefully someone will knowicon_smile.gif

2cakes Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisinbloom

2cakes, seems like there was a thread on this a while back. I have been looking for it but can't seem to fing it, it also gave the web-site where you could order the bags. I wanted to order the piping bags but just don't know where to get them, so heres a bump and hopefully someone will knowicon_smile.gif

Hi, I got mine two color decorating bag inserts from www.sugarcraft.com, just scroll down to bag/s decorating and it gives information about the bags. Hope this helps. I just remember where I purchased mine. icon_smile.gif

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 11:56pm
post #4 of 25

I just checked them out on sugarcraft's website. It said to fill with two colors of icing, snip the end off and then put into a reusable piping bag fitted with a coupler. I don't think it's intended to put the coupler and tip directly on the two-compartment bag.

hth!
Laura.

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 1:16am
post #5 of 25

Why not just use a regular disposable plastic bag of each color, snip off the ends, and drop into a regular bag with coupler and tip (or could just put both colors in the regular bag, though a bit messier). Why do you need a special bag? jsut curious.

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 1:23am
post #6 of 25

I've put two parchment bags inside a regular bag with a coupler on it...it worked fine...........just make sure you squeeze evenly.

good luck!

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 1:32am
post #7 of 25

When I need 2-tone.....I lay out a sheet of seran wrap......you want to place the the longer side facing you with the 2 shorter sides on the sides (I hope that makes sense).......anyhow.......about an inch in lay a small row of the accent color and then roll in over once but securely getting all the air out. Then once you roll.....right next to it on the remaining space place the other color....then roll it all the way to the end. You should have what looks like a ball of icing in the middle with excess wrap on the sides. squeeze the air out and grab the sides and start twirling them around (sides should be twisting) so that they get skinny. You should have now the ball of icing.....with twisted wrap on the sides and then you get your icing bag.....drop one twisted side down the bag and pull it through the cuppler. Pull until you see the 2 colors and snip off the end. Put your tip on and when you squeeze you should achieve the 2 tone. It also makes it a lot easier to clean your bags. I do this with every color. That way you open your bag to throw out the empty plastic and just replace it with another one. When I make my batches of colors.....I wrap them all into the little balls and freeze them......then just grab and insert when needed. If this was confusing just let me know and I'll try to explain it better.

stylishbite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stylishbite Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 1:44am
post #8 of 25

Cyndi1207--This souunds like something I want to know more about! First off, Thanks so much for your detailed sharing! I'm going to print and re read it until I figure it out. Do you have a pic of it maybe?
I'll give it a try. Thanks again

Cyndi1207 Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 1:50am
post #9 of 25

I'll try to take some pics in a little bit to make it easier to understand. It's really easy just hard to explain I guess. I'll post as soon as I take them.

ladyday95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyday95 Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 1:54am
post #10 of 25

Picture would be good... I think am understanding but will try it tomorrow....

Cyndi1207 Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 2:51am
post #11 of 25

Here are the pics. Hopefully it gives a better understanding.
Image[/img]

2cakes Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 5:27am
post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi1207

Here are the pics. Hopefully it gives a better understanding.
Image[/img]

Thanks Cyndi1207 for the instructions and posted pictures. Your rose is very pretty. thumbs_up.gif

2cakes Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 5:35am
post #13 of 25

Thanks everyone for your helpful, greatly appreciated and I'll try one or two of the mentioned and let you know how it turned out. Have a great day. icon_smile.gif

winter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winter Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 5:47am
post #14 of 25

Very nice rose icon_smile.gif

stylishbite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stylishbite Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 12:38pm
post #15 of 25

You are sooooo kind! Thanks for taking the time w/ the pics! Can't wait to try this time and money saver thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Cyndi1207 Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 6:39pm
post #16 of 25

No problem......just hope it helps out.

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 12:57am
post #17 of 25

I got my bags from www.sugarcraft.com too. What I do is put the icing in both sides then place that bag inside of a larger pastry bag.

I've only tried it once but it worked well the first time.

irisinbloom Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 1:30am
post #18 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi1207

When I need 2-tone.....I lay out a sheet of seran wrap......you want to place the the longer side facing you with the 2 shorter sides on the sides (I hope that makes sense).......anyhow.......about an inch in lay a small row of the accent color and then roll in over once but securely getting all the air out. Then once you roll.....right next to it on the remaining space place the other color....then roll it all the way to the end. You should have what looks like a ball of icing in the middle with excess wrap on the sides. squeeze the air out and grab the sides and start twirling them around (sides should be twisting) so that they get skinny. You should have now the ball of icing.....with twisted wrap on the sides and then you get your icing bag.....drop one twisted side down the bag and pull it through the cuppler. Pull until you see the 2 colors and snip off the end. Put your tip on and when you squeeze you should achieve the 2 tone. It also makes it a lot easier to clean your bags. I do this with every color. That way you open your bag to throw out the empty plastic and just replace it with another one. When I make my batches of colors.....I wrap them all into the little balls and freeze them......then just grab and insert when needed. If this was confusing just let me know and I'll try to explain it better.

WOW Cyndi thanks for the instructions and your rose is beautiful, isn't it just awesome what you can do with a little icing and imagination(which I don't have)icon_smile.gif

irisinbloom Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 1:40am
post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cakes

Quote:

Hi, I got mine two color decorating bag inserts from www.sugarcraft.com, just scroll down to bag/s decorating and it gives information about the bags. Hope this helps. I just remember where I purchased mine. icon_smile.gif

2Cakes, thanks for the web addressicon_smile.gif

2cakes Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 4:27am
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentCakeBaker

I got my bags from www.sugarcraft.com too. What I do is put the icing in both sides then place that bag inside of a larger pastry bag.

I've only tried it once but it worked well the first time.

Thanks AgentCakeBaker for the reply and also for the helpful information. icon_smile.gif

2cakes Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 4:28am
post #21 of 25
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cakes

Quote:

2Cakes, thanks for the web addressicon_smile.gif

U R quite welcome irisinbloom.

joanmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanmary Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 4:44am
post #22 of 25

Cyndi - Thanks for the picture instructions. I have read about this before but seeing it in pictures really helped. Now I might actually give it a try. Thanks again. icon_biggrin.gif

TheCakeSmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeSmith Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 4:54am
post #23 of 25

WOW! Great tip! I want to try it right now!!

ahuvas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahuvas Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 5:42am
post #24 of 25

I hate to be dense but how are the colours of top of each other instead of side by side which is what I am visualizing if that is how the icing comes out?

Cyndi1207 Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 5:45am
post #25 of 25

You allign the color you want to be on top with the right side of the tip. For instance with the roses.....I use tip 104.....I alligned the skinny end of the tip with the pink so the white would come out on the wide end.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%