Sharing My Recent Find - Inexpensive Wedding Cake Plateaus!

Decorating By Sugar_Plum_Fairy Updated 6 Jun 2007 , 10:20pm by ShirleyW

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 26 May 2007 , 2:33pm
post #1 of 54

I decided to look for and price wedding cake plateaus late last night online and I found a site that has incredibly low prices. I don't know what the quality is like and I'm aware of the saying, 'you get what you pay for', but at these prices even if I use these for birthdays or holidays in my home, I think they're a steal!

I thought I'd share this with all of you: http://www.save-on-crafts.com/we2.html

one caveat: the item before the last is captioned at fondant instead of fondue! Just warning all of you who can't stand this mistake!!

* edited to add in caveat

53 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 26 May 2007 , 2:40pm
post #2 of 54

Thank you for sharing! I have the flared stand at the top of that page, and the quality is quite good, especially for the price.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 26 May 2007 , 2:44pm
post #3 of 54

Thanks, I was just about to check around on the web to find one that I need to use the end of June. The prices are great on those

diana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diana Posted 26 May 2007 , 2:50pm
post #4 of 54

Thank's for sharing.....great prices!! icon_smile.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 26 May 2007 , 2:50pm
post #5 of 54

I does look like a good price and being stainless steel they might hold up but I'd be concerned about the surfaces scratching with use. I did try and order the embossed plate, can't get it to add to the cart, can't get the estimated cost of shipping button to do anything either. Confusing.

mkolmar Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:06pm
post #6 of 54

I have my 1st wedding cake on June 30th. It's going to be a beach themed cake. The crushed up graham crackers on the buttercream for sand and then shell chocolates going down the sides. I need to get a stand for it? I'm torn between the 15" plateau and the 16" embossed plateau. Which one would you choose to buy? (I can use either one again easily again)

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:26pm
post #7 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

I have my 1st wedding cake on June 30th. It's going to be a beach themed cake. The crushed up graham crackers on the buttercream for sand and then shell chocolates going down the sides. I need to get a stand for it? I'm torn between the 15" plateau and the 16" embossed plateau. Which one would you choose to buy? (I can use either one again easily again)

I would probably go with one that has a flat surface to offset the "sand" texture. Just MHO. Also, they don't have the 16" one in stock at the moment anyway. I did e-mail them to ask if they were getting any more in. But I still think for your purpose the smooth surface would work better.

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:36pm
post #8 of 54

Thanks for sharing your find!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:46pm
post #9 of 54

Wow! Thanks! Lots of stuff for cookies and cupcakes, too!

Stacie

mkolmar Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:48pm
post #10 of 54

That's what I was thinking too. Thanks! I was worried that the embossed would take away from the cake, but it's just so darn pretty! Hey, but if it's not in stock - my decision has already been made for me icon_razz.gif

tame Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tame Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:50pm
post #11 of 54

good prices, yet has anyone order from here before , what"s the quality? like

JILBRY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JILBRY Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:52pm
post #12 of 54

good prices.. thanks for the find. Did anyone notice they sell a fake chocolate cake? and some other fake food, too.

mkolmar Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:55pm
post #13 of 54

Just ordered the 15" plateau. It came to $44 with shipping. Everywhere around me sells these for at least $55.

MCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCook Posted 26 May 2007 , 4:03pm
post #14 of 54

Great site--thanks! I can see myself getting into "trouble" on this one-Ha!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 26 May 2007 , 5:04pm
post #15 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tame

good prices, yet has anyone order from here before , what"s the quality? like

Kelleym said she ordered from there and has the flared one that's at the top of the page. Her post is the second one on this page (page one).

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 26 May 2007 , 5:53pm
post #16 of 54

Those are great prices. Can't wait to hear from those of you who ordered to see what they are like in person.

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 26 May 2007 , 7:19pm
post #17 of 54

I've been pricing these lately too. Thanks for sharing. Everyone let us know if you like them when they arrive.

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 27 May 2007 , 1:14am
post #18 of 54

Thank you so much for sharing!

Ishi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ishi Posted 27 May 2007 , 1:21am
post #19 of 54

I really need one of these. If you just want one, which is the best all-purpose size and shape?

ShirleyW Posted 27 May 2007 , 1:27am
post #20 of 54

I ordered the flared one too, but hope they restock on the embossed plateau. I have been looking for an affordable one for ages.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 27 May 2007 , 5:43am
post #21 of 54

Shirley, did you send an email to them requesting that they restock? I'm hoping if enough people show interest that they'll go ahead and restock that one. That's the one I want the most.

mxdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxdiva Posted 27 May 2007 , 5:48am
post #22 of 54

thanks for sharing

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 27 May 2007 , 5:51am
post #23 of 54

These are great! Thanks for sharing!

ShirleyW Posted 30 May 2007 , 9:08pm
post #24 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Shirley, did you send an email to them requesting that they restock? I'm hoping if enough people show interest that they'll go ahead and restock that one. That's the one I want the most.

Thanks so much for posting about these plateau's and this company. My order just arrived today, fast shipping and the quality is very nice. Now I am not saying this is strong enough to stand on, because I felt a little bit of "give" in the center when I pressed on it, but it is definitely strong enough to hold a tiered cake. I waited until I actually saw this in person before ordering any others, but I know now I will be pleased with any of them. I did email them today and asked to be notified when the embossed 16" is restocked. I also told them about the posting here and on Sugar Buzz forum and told them we are all cake decorators and they are going to be receiving many orders so hoped they restocked soon.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 30 May 2007 , 10:02pm
post #25 of 54

Great, Shirley. I'm glad you got one already (I'm still waiting) and that it's to your satisfaction. I really do hope they restock the 16" so that we can order that one also.

Thanks for letting me/us know.

Sunspotalli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunspotalli Posted 30 May 2007 , 10:59pm
post #26 of 54

thanks for sharing

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 30 May 2007 , 11:13pm
post #27 of 54

WOW even their regular prices are great. Thanks for sharing.

weddingsbymindy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weddingsbymindy Posted 31 May 2007 , 1:43am
post #28 of 54

Yes they do have great prices.... I have several from them. The quality is very good (for the price) we have over 25 plateaus from various sources and they by far have the best value. See some of my collection here; http://www.stoverscustomcakes.com/plateaus.html

If anyone knows were I can get a style not on my web page please let me know. I love to collect plateaus!!!!!!

missym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missym Posted 31 May 2007 , 1:56am
post #29 of 54

Thanks so much for sharing! I can't wait until the one I want in back in stock.

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 31 May 2007 , 2:08am
post #30 of 54

thanks for the link! i can't wait to look around some more

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%