I've Been Snubbed!

Decorating By melxcloud Updated 25 Aug 2006 , 11:09am by da_goof

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 2:48pm
post #91 of 194

Everemton:

OMG this just keeps getting better. On her latestest of wanting to know what you thought.....

Tell her you will be happy to book a consultation to answer all her questions, but since you are a professional your services start at $50.00 and hour and you can no longer provide her with free advice! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote: It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful
- Anton Szandor LaVey

But it can be very costly! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

P.S. Keep us updated!

IsaacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IsaacsMom Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 2:54pm
post #92 of 194

That's the craziest thing! I definately want to know how this turns out.

I'll admit that when I got married I thought cake prices were high. icon_redface.gif I knew nothing about decorating at that time. BUT I certainly didn't get all snotty with the decorator and insult her! I also didn't decide to try to make my own cake and then ask to borrow her stuff.

Turns out I won my cake in a drawing that my caterer had. If I'd only known then what a true gift that was.

ConnieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieB Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 4:33pm
post #93 of 194

My opinion is.......I would not have anymore dealings with this TWIT!

I would not answer her calls and if she brings up the topic at work, I would just politely tell her that I am not going to discuss this anymore!

Connie

joanmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanmary Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 4:46pm
post #94 of 194

When is this wedding? Can't wait to hear how it turns out.

SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 6:35pm
post #95 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptop57

Monsters do not reform - they have to be taken out. Geez, even "good" monsters are shot down from the tallest buildings! Rat-a-tat-tat - take that you nasty beast!

OMG! pass the papertowels! I just sent an arial spraying of coffee onto the computers monitor! ROFL!! I think that beat s all of the comments in the worst cake thread! You take the "cake" on funny, Tiptop57!

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 7:04pm
post #96 of 194

After reading this whole post I begin to wonder whether the bride is actually having a large wedding or just pretending she is. If she can afford that kind of money for dinner I don't think she would consider walmart cake. Sounds like she doesn't have any money for the wedding. Can't wait to hear what happens next.

Lino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lino Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 7:16pm
post #97 of 194

Oh, what fun it was to read all these posts on this subject. I too can't wait to see how it turns out.

I agree also that I would not loan out my pans to anyone. There is a lot of cost in the equipment. I too would just tell her that you use those pans for your paying customers and that it would just be too much of an inconvenice for you. I bet she already knows what it would cost from a bakery and just thought she could insult you into making it for her for cheappppp. I work in a bakery and our cakes start at $2 a slice. I don't decorate them at work. I do bread and pastry. I decorate for family on my own time at home.

Good luck
Linda

throwemndapan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
throwemndapan Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 9:05pm
post #98 of 194

She is really something. why is she running to you for advice I think You should charge her, go ahead and set up a consultation for about $45, to answer questions she may have about cakes.

This chick is confused!!

Tell her u cant answer any more of her questions unless she makes an appt. because you dont discuss your business at work.

ninaross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninaross Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 9:44pm
post #99 of 194

icon_surprised.gif omg i cant belive people dont have any shame. you know i did a lot of cakes for my b/f family for free for the holidays everyone would volunteer to bring something and they would ask me if i wanted to make a cake so i would at no charge. well recently my cousin asked me how much id charge her for a wedding cake and i told her id only charge her the materials and id give her the receipts. well she loved the cake she didnt have a huge wedding it was just family members outside her back yard. the materials cost was 175.00-200.00 i for got i didnt keep the receipts. its been 2mo. and she called me and told me "oh **** was suppost to pay you. it was a wedding gift" well no *** didnt pay me and YOU are the one that told me that YOU would pay me the next day not her. so now im just screwed. what should i do in the future. should i ask for the money up front or what. oh and i have a cake for this friday a 50's cake a half sheet . how much should i charge ?[/b]

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 10:23pm
post #100 of 194

First of all, you told her you would keep the receipts for her and you didn't. That puts you in a bad light for not keeping your end of the deal. Still yet, she should pay you like she promised. Surely she has enough sense to estimate what the supplies cost. I would make it clear to her that she made the deal and there was nothing said agreed upon by you as it being a gift from someone else. If you know this other person very well, you might bring it up to them to see what they say.

As for the future, I guess it would depend on who you are dealing with. If it was this gal, I'd want all my money up front! It is so hard dealing with family. They all think you should do it for nothing plus by a gift for whatever they are having!

Diane

fourangelsmommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fourangelsmommie Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 11:40pm
post #101 of 194

This lady is a twit! Don't loan or rent out your pans and equipment to her! She may damage them or not return them. She probably wouldn't know how to use them anyway. May even burn them to a crisp.

As for her not wanting to pay $$ for a cake, maybe she spent her budget on the dinner????? But STILL, you are a saint for not slapping some sense into that woman! I couldn't have just walked away from her. You the WOMAN! And then keep asking for your advice.....girl, I think I would have been in jail already. icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

PLEASE, oh PLEASE post a pic of the cake she gets. Keep us updated. We HAVE to know how this ends.

Just warn us next time before you post the pic or any other stupid thing this lady does, cause I've already had to clean my pc screen off twice after laughing so hard I spit water all over my screen. icon_lol.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 12:24am
post #102 of 194
Quote:
Quote:

I'm envisioning a frantic call from her the night before her wedding. (which is when she plans to make it.)

Go ahead and try honey! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Wow this is just outrageous! Even if she is in the dark about what a cake actually costs, her blatant rudeness and constant insulting are what make her ugly to the core.

She is either going to:

1. Buy Walmart cake that will feed....ohhh...maybe 50-100 people.

2. Have random family members and friends bake random tacky cakes the night before.

or

3. Not have any cake at a $34/plate wedding and hope that nobody notices there's no cake.

She has some nerve asking to use your equipment - you should've said "honey if you can't afford my cake, you can't afford my pans."

When is this wedding and are you invited? If you aren't, you HAVE to crash it/go with someone at your job who is going.

If you are and need a date - I may be free. icon_biggrin.gif I have to see this trainwreck.

Choo choooooo!

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 12:28am
post #103 of 194

You guys are all so funny! My family wants to know what I'm so hysterical about. CHoo choooooooo

lilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilie Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 12:39am
post #104 of 194

I'm doing a 50th wedding anniversary cake for my parents next week and my brother said that he wanted to help with the expences. I told him that I'd needed at least $40 to $50 because I needed to buy everything. Pans, pillers, plates, colorings, you know. the works. So far the bill has come to over $125. I haven't even bought the supplies for the cake itself. He threw a fit. So I told him $20. Families can be strange. He wants to help. It's not like he can't afford it. He makes a 6 digit income. Me, I stay at home.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 12:54am
post #105 of 194

I just had a wild thought. icon_lol.gif

Maybe Bridezilla and her Groom are splitting the cost of the wedding. Maybe he is paying for the $34 per plate filet mignon dinner and she is paying for her dress and the Wedding cake for 450 guests....and perhaps she is trying to do it on the cheap. icon_rolleyes.gif

If you look up the word tacky in the dictionary, I bet her picture is there. icon_wink.gif

I cannot wait to see the outcome of this crazy mess. When is the wedding ? I have the perfect dress to wear and I am not opposed to gate crashing icon_twisted.gif

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 12:58am
post #106 of 194

I don't even let my own husband and kids borrow my pans. There's no way!!!! I'm so tired of people gasping when I let them know my prices. That's because I think I'm cheaper than most. Even if she miraculously creates a decent cake-which I hardly think she would-at least she'll have an idea of what it takes.

You were the bigger person here and that's all that matters. If she called me the night before her wedding.....I would probably help her out if she was willing to compensate me fairly.......only because it's an important day. Which is still no excuse to be a total b*tch about it but none the less.......bail her out and have her be totally thankful to you in the long run. icon_smile.gif

TERRYHORTON Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TERRYHORTON Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 1:09am
post #107 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi1207

I don't even let my own husband and kids borrow my pans. There's no way!!!! I'm so tired of people gasping when I let them know my prices. That's because I think I'm cheaper than most. Even if she miraculously creates a decent cake-which I hardly think she would-at least she'll have an idea of what it takes.

You were the bigger person here and that's all that matters. If she called me the night before her wedding.....I would probably help her out if she was willing to compensate me fairly.......only because it's an important day. Which is still no excuse to be a total b*tch about it but none the less.......bail her out and have her be totally thankful to you in the long run. icon_smile.gif

Not if she came to me with a $1000.00 bill......

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 1:13am
post #108 of 194

I'm such a push over......I know. icon_sad.gif

TERRYHORTON Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TERRYHORTON Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 1:16am
post #109 of 194

Naw Cyndi1207......you're just nicer than me!!!

LOL

throwemndapan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
throwemndapan Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 2:46am
post #110 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionladydi

First of all, you told her you would keep the receipts for her and you didn't. That puts you in a bad light for not keeping your end of the deal. Still yet, she should pay you like she promised. Surely she has enough sense to estimate what the supplies cost. I would make it clear to her that she made the deal and there was nothing said agreed upon by you as it being a gift from someone else. If you know this other person very well, you might bring it up to them to see what they say.

As for the future, I guess it would depend on who you are dealing with. If it was this gal, I'd want all my money up front! It is so hard dealing with family. They all think you should do it for nothing plus by a gift for whatever they are having!

Diane

I dont think she should say a word of this to the other person. Her deal was with the bride she should be proffessional and keep it between them. That could be an excuse for the bride not to pay if she blabs about it .

Just do as mentioned above tell her the original deal was with her and she needs to pay and wait for her gift if she chooses.

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 3:16am
post #111 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilie

I'm doing a 50th wedding anniversary cake for my parents next week and my brother said that he wanted to help with the expences. I told him that I'd needed at least $40 to $50 because I needed to buy everything. Pans, pillers, plates, colorings, you know. the works. So far the bill has come to over $125. I haven't even bought the supplies for the cake itself. He threw a fit. So I told him $20. Families can be strange. He wants to help. It's not like he can't afford it. He makes a 6 digit income. Me, I stay at home.

tell your brother to forget the twenty dollars & you will just let your parents know that he was to cheap to go in with you on the gift of the cake & since he was this is all you could give them --- oh yeah i forgot to tell you i'm mean!!! icon_evil.gif & people with money p*ss me off icon_mad.gif when they act cheap (& i have family just like that)--oh this just grates my nerves icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 3:28am
post #112 of 194

Ironbaker
If you are and need a date - I may be free. I have to see this trainwreck.

Choo choooooo!

Way too funny> icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I can see a whole group of CCers standing on the sidelines. IM still trying to imagine 34.00 A PLATE!
At all the weddings I go to the cake is the best part. I am partial to cake though. icon_rolleyes.gif

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 3:32am
post #113 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieB

Sometimes you just gotta remember that your cake is for a certain market. The people who continually go to Wal-Mart for a cake usually don't want an expensive, well-done cake. Ours is a specialty market. I am not afraid to tell someone who says "$40? I can get it for $15 at Wal-Mart", "Well, then you should probably go to Wal-Mart and get it." I try not to do it in a rude way, but if they are expecting grocery store prices, they need to go to the grocery store.

I Will definitely keep this in mind when this happens to me again. I was lowballed by a fellow church member who said that $55.00 for 2 10" cakes was too much! I relented because I felt awkward, but never again! People just don't realize what it is we do!

Sarah

slb1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slb1956 Posted 1 Jul 2006 , 2:49am
post #114 of 194

Yep, anxious to know when this wedding is so we can find out what happens?

da_goof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
da_goof Posted 5 Jul 2006 , 12:27am
post #115 of 194

Ok i dieing here what is the lastest on the wedding and the lady doing her own cake come on spill it hehehehe don't keep us wondering. did she or didn't she get a cake ??????

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 5 Jul 2006 , 12:30am
post #116 of 194

We just need to know when this wedding is so we know when to expect a picture of this "fabulous" cake she's making!

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 5 Jul 2006 , 1:17am
post #117 of 194

You could buy a house with the amount of $ you could bring in selling tickets to see this cake she is planning on doing!!! This is hilarious!! I am sure her dress didn't come cheap-dinner certainly isn't cheap-her ring is probably beautiful-and she is totally clueless!!!! You would think her mom or female in that capacity or friend would enlighten her-hopefully she doesn't want to procreate!!!!! Keep us posted!!!

fourangelsmommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fourangelsmommie Posted 9 Jul 2006 , 10:45pm
post #118 of 194

Well???? What has happened since the last post? We are dying to know how the cake looked.

This is almost like a soap opera! The suspense is killing me!

da_goof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
da_goof Posted 10 Jul 2006 , 1:30am
post #119 of 194

He He He she is keeping us in supenseand waiting for us to go crazy wondering. lol

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 10 Jul 2006 , 4:48am
post #120 of 194

Are you kidding, your cakes are incredible!! Don't take it personally if they want to be snobby - you have real talent!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%