I Won! I Won!

Decorating By JoanneK Updated 16 May 2007 , 10:12pm by Stoomp

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 12 May 2007 , 4:31pm
post #1 of 66

I am still in shock!

Have you heard of the great cake decorating videos by CAKE DECORATING MADE EASY?? They are great by the way and worth every penny.

Anyway, it was their 1st birthday/anniversary and they had a contest. You had to send in a video of you making a cake and showing what you learned and having a finished cake that said either Happy Birthday Cake Decorating Made Easy or Happy Birthday CDME.

So I sent it in and I WON 1st Place!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it.

I won a free Kitchen Aid Mixer in any color. I'm getting PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always wanted a pink one but since I have a white one I couldn't see spending the money just to get a pink one. But now I get one free.

But the best part was just knowing that people that don't even know me liked my cake!

I can't show the cake as I had to sign a form giving them full rights to my cake and photos of it. I had it here but had to remove it.

I'm just so happy. I fully understand how Sally Fields felt when she got her award and said "You like me! You really like me!"

65 replies
jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 12 May 2007 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 66

Congrats. I'm so happy for you!!!

JoanneK Posted 12 May 2007 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 66

Thank you. I've never in a million years ever thought one of my cakes would win anything.

Shamitha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shamitha Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 66

Congratulations. thumbs_up.gif .You should be happy.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:34pm
post #5 of 66

Congrats!!!!!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 12 May 2007 , 7:00pm
post #6 of 66

HIGH FIVE!!

What an honor - and an awesome prize too!

So what do we have to do to see this cake??

Congrats!
~ Sherri

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 12 May 2007 , 7:03pm
post #7 of 66

HOO RAH for you!! That is awesome and your prize couldn't have been better!! Can you send pics of your cake privately? I'll give you my email address if you can and will as I would LOVE to see your cake!

Way to go!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Strazle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Strazle Posted 12 May 2007 , 7:04pm
post #8 of 66

Wonderful! Congratulations!

albumangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
albumangel Posted 12 May 2007 , 7:06pm
post #9 of 66

I SAW that cake on CDME! Congratulations!!

I'm just thrilled for you- and envious of your new KitchenAid! icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 12 May 2007 , 7:07pm
post #10 of 66

WONDERFUL!!! thumbs_up.gif

kidsnurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidsnurse Posted 12 May 2007 , 7:08pm
post #11 of 66

WOWEEE! we're so proud of you! Way to go!!!

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 12 May 2007 , 7:09pm
post #12 of 66

Congratulations Joanne! I did see your cake yesterday (they emailed out the winning cake pictures) and it was wonderful. But, of course, all of your cakes are great! Yours was definitely worth 1st place. Congrats on the pink KA - now you can do twice the baking!

cheflish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheflish Posted 12 May 2007 , 7:16pm
post #13 of 66

GREAT JOB!!! I love your colors and you did a FANTABULOUS job on the decorating! Very clean and sharp!

CONGRATS!!!

Eggshells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eggshells Posted 12 May 2007 , 7:18pm
post #14 of 66

Sweet!

arwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arwa Posted 12 May 2007 , 7:19pm
post #15 of 66

COngrats!!!

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 12 May 2007 , 7:34pm
post #16 of 66

that is awesome..... what is their website, i don't think i ever heard of it.
Man i need to do some more searching on the internet huh?????
Do they have it posted on their website????

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 12 May 2007 , 7:35pm
post #17 of 66

awww, i'm bummed i missed it. i would have loved to see! congratulations, though, what an honor to have a cake win first prize! you must have done an amazing job!

Otter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Otter Posted 12 May 2007 , 9:08pm
post #18 of 66

I saw your cake, it was beautiful! Congratulations!

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 12 May 2007 , 10:39pm
post #19 of 66

Copngratulations. I got the email from them so I saw your beautiful cake. Well done.

JoanneK Posted 12 May 2007 , 11:52pm
post #20 of 66

OMG I had no idea so many of you would have seen my cake. Thanks for all the congrats!

The website is cakesmadeeasy.com I don't know if it would be on the website or not. They sent out the notice in the emails.

Everyone should sign up there as they send tips via emails and sometimes video clips for free.

It was a simple cake. Just a two tier cake covered in white fondant and had blue, red and yellow circles all over it. There was a Number 1 on top and a banner that said Happy Birthday CDME. The boarder was a twisted rope in red, yellow and blue.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 13 May 2007 , 4:37am
post #21 of 66

How cool is that?!?! Congratulations Joanne! I can tell you're so excited. Heck, I would be too! Isn't it awesome to have that great feeling knowing you did something really great?!?!

KimAZ

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 13 May 2007 , 4:49am
post #22 of 66

Yay you! That's is very exciting! Be sure and post a picture of that new pink baby of yours.

itsajeepthing0196 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsajeepthing0196 Posted 13 May 2007 , 5:38am
post #23 of 66

Im so excited for you!

JoanneK Posted 13 May 2007 , 6:14am
post #24 of 66

Thanks everyone. I know I should get a different color as my kitchen is red, black and white but I LOVE pink and have always thought the pink Kitchen Aid was so cute. So since it's free I'm going with it.

Now I have to think of a name for her. I will be sure to send out birth announcements. icon_lol.gif

lepaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lepaz Posted 13 May 2007 , 6:28am
post #25 of 66

I think you should give her a name from one of the "Pinkies" from Grease, or how about Pinkie Tuscadero???!!! Congrats!

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 13 May 2007 , 6:28am
post #26 of 66

Congratulations, I copied your pic so here it is for the rest .Very cute cake by the way .
LL

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 13 May 2007 , 6:34am
post #27 of 66

WOW!!! Congratulations! I wish I could see it! I was given the opportunity to do this after my Lambeth cake took Best of Show but I turned it down. **KICK***KICK***KICK** icon_twisted.gif

Well I am glad someone here on CC did it. How wonderful!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

A pink KA would be so cool. Shoot, TWO KA's would be cool. Goodness knows I need another one. It's not enough having two 6qt bowls...

ENJOY!!! You deserve it!!!!!

EDIT** Now that I see the cake...it makes me want to play Twister!!!

Amy icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 13 May 2007 , 6:43am
post #28 of 66

Congrats. I saw your cake in the e-mail I got. Didn't know it was a CC member who won. Way to go!!

JoanneK Posted 13 May 2007 , 6:51am
post #29 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemommy

WOW!!! Congratulations! I wish I could see it! I was given the opportunity to do this after my Lambeth cake took Best of Show but I turned it down. **KICK***KICK***KICK** icon_twisted.gif

Well I am glad someone here on CC did it. How wonderful!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

A pink KA would be so cool. Shoot, TWO KA's would be cool. Goodness knows I need another one. It's not enough having two 6qt bowls...

ENJOY!!! You deserve it!!!!!

EDIT** Now that I see the cake...it makes me want to play Twister!!!

Amy icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Well I have to say Thank Goodness you didn't enter. I looked at your cakes and there is NO way I would have come close to winning if you entered! So thanks! icon_lol.gif

Twister huh icon_confused.gif No I think it looks more like Wonder Bread. icon_lol.gif

I sure hope I don't get in trouble for this photo being posted. I had to sign an agreement not to post it anywhere. But since I DIDN'T post it I think I'm fine.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:33am
post #30 of 66

Yeah!!!! That's great, congrats!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%