New Cake Ball Combos

Decorating By nadjahs9 Updated 22 Mar 2008 , 7:35pm by Cookies4kids

terabera69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terabera69 Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 2:44pm
post #31 of 102

I tried using Rice Krispies in one batch. They didn't seem to keep the crisp crunch and went kinda soggy. Anyone else have good luck?

gourmetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gourmetcakes Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 2:49pm
post #32 of 102

Here are the combinations I make. Remember to always add your liquid last. I try to get it to a firm yet creamy texture, like a dough. They should be able to keep their shape.

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 3:01pm
post #33 of 102

Great thread! I too have wanted to try these for so long. Guess I better get a move on. My scraps are drying out! icon_biggrin.gif

gourmetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gourmetcakes Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 3:43pm
post #34 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenette

Great thread! I too have wanted to try these for so long. Guess I better get a move on. My scraps are drying out! icon_biggrin.gif

If you are not wanting to use your scraps right away, seal them up in a large freezer bag, taking all of the air out, and store in the freezer until ready to use......they stay fresh for a long time.....you should see my freezer....it is full of bags!!!!!

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 3:58pm
post #35 of 102

they all sound delicious.

klesyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klesyd Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 4:00pm
post #36 of 102

I made my first batch of cake balls last week. I was clueless to what liquid to try. Someone had given my DH a quart jar of homemade blackberry brandy last year that we have never drank only tried. So...my cake balls rocked. My DH can't wait for more. he asks everyday when he comes in from work if Ive made some.

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 4:14pm
post #37 of 102

Liquors work fine. I used rum in my last set of balls. My DH hates raw dough...cookie dough or cake batter is a wierd thing to him...but he loves the cake balls. He ate my entire last batch by himself.

In the s'mores version, why not add graham crackers? Seems almost essential..

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 4:16pm
post #38 of 102

these sound soooooo good

missym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missym Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 4:26pm
post #39 of 102

Gosh, it looks like I better be making some cake balls very soon! These all sound so yummy!

gidgetsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetsmom Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 4:32pm
post #40 of 102

An idea for the s'mores...since one of the big things for them is graham cracker - how about rolling them in ground graham crackers before the coating chocolate sets???

ConnieSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieSue Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 4:35pm
post #41 of 102

I have a 1/2 of 18 inch layer for a wedding cake I am making today that I will try some of these out on.

christielee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christielee Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 4:36pm
post #42 of 102

Bransmom,

I've got Paula Deen's mag, and they are called cookie dough truffles. I don't know if they are on the food net site, so the recipe calls for....

1/2 c butter softened
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp of vanilla
2 c all purpose flour
1/2 c semi sweet morsels ( she calls for mini, but I used big and it was fine)
1 c pecans ( I omitted this part)
1 1/2 lbs of chocolate bark melted

Beat butter and brown sugar at medium spped until creamy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixing well. Add choc. morsels and pecans, mixing well. Shape into 1 in balls. Place on wax paper. Chill for 2 hrs.
Using forks, dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover. ( i would melt little bits of choc. at a time, because the balls seemed to make my choc. sieze up!)Place on wax paper and chill to set. Store in refrigerator.

Hope this helps! They were very yummy!!! thumbs_up.gif

Christie

bransmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bransmom Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 4:40pm
post #43 of 102

Thank you all so much for the wonderful ideas, thanks christielee for the recipe. I can't wait to get home and get started on these. Thanks again

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 4:43pm
post #44 of 102

I can't remember what I used for a binder, probably coffee creamer, but at Christmas I made chocolate with marachino cherry in the middle, chocolate w/Heath bits, and chocolate w/pecans. I have never been crazy about any cake balls I have made with white/vanilla cake, so I mainly use chocolate.

ericablondegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericablondegirl Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 5:37pm
post #45 of 102

These sound so yummy...can't wait to try them all out!

randipanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randipanda Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 5:56pm
post #46 of 102

That cookie dough recipe would be good for stuffing strawberries!

christielee Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 10:05pm
post #47 of 102

How do you stuff a strawberry?

canoewoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
canoewoman Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 1:45pm
post #48 of 102

I will try some of these combinations. I have made cakeballs before and hated them!!! These ones sound really yummy.

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 1:51pm
post #49 of 102

Such creative ideas! yum-yum!

lakaty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lakaty Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 1:55pm
post #50 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by christielee

How do you stuff a strawberry?

There is a thread in one of the recipe forums(tips and ideas??) all about stuffed strawberries. They are yummy. I cut a small triangle in the bottom of a large strawberry then used my piping bag with a #3 tip to fill the strawberry with a cream cheese filling. Then put the small triangle cut out back in place and covered the strawberry with chocolate.

There's another way of doing it too(sorry can't remember right off the top of my head).

Check it out!

HTH

randipanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randipanda Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 2:09pm
post #51 of 102

Here is the link to the stuffed strawberry post I was watching:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=285793&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

It includes a link to a video in which the technique is shown.

christielee Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 2:29pm
post #52 of 102

Thanks guys, I'm definately going to try these! icon_biggrin.gif

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 2:39pm
post #53 of 102

these all sound really good, i supposed there is a thread on how to make them, off i go searching!!!!!! lol

CreativeCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakery Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 2:52pm
post #54 of 102

I have never made cake balls (YET!) but have been thinking of some flavor combos in my mind. Maybe some of you who have made them before will tell me if they sound yummy or if I'm crazy! icon_wink.gif

Pina Colada: Pineapple cake with rum binder dipped in white choc. and rolled in coconut

Mudslide: Choc. cake with Kahlua binder dipped in milk choc. and rolled in chocolate sprinkles/jimmies

Choc. Raspberry: Choc. cake with seedless raspberry jam or raspberry liquor as biner, dipped in choc.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 2:58pm
post #55 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by gourmetcakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenette

If you are not wanting to use your scraps right away, seal them up in a large freezer bag, taking all of the air out, and store in the freezer until ready to use......they stay fresh for a long time.....you should see my freezer....it is full of bags!!!!!

My freezer is full too!! icon_biggrin.gif I'm getting ready to make a huge batch around Father's Day. YUMMY!!

MaraCarter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaraCarter Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 3:08pm
post #56 of 102

These sound so yummy! Thanks for sharing

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 3:27pm
post #57 of 102

These sound awesome -- thanks for all the great flavor ideas!! icon_lol.gif

sreale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sreale Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 4:59pm
post #58 of 102

I've made the chocolate raspberry ones before. Just took the cake and mixed it with raspberry liquor until it got to the consistancy I wanted. ( I don't like mine too doughy) Dipped in dark chocolate candy melts and they were a hit!!!

lilsis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsis Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 4:45am
post #59 of 102

Just tried the Applie Pie cake balls and Dreamscicle cake balls....received nothing but RAVE REVIEWS!!! Can't remember which person posted them...but THANKS!!! LOL

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 10:00pm
post #60 of 102

We really should put together a CC recipe book -- complete with an entire chapter on cake balls and all the cool combos we can think of! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%