New Cake Ball Combos

Decorating By nadjahs9 Updated 22 Mar 2008 , 7:35pm by Cookies4kids

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 10:05pm
post #91 of 102

thanks for sharing...cant wait to try some of these!!!!!!

sportsmom005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sportsmom005 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 10:23pm
post #92 of 102

Ok, I haven't tried this yet but here's a suggestion:

White chocolate cranberry cake, lemon cream cheese frosting as binder, dipped in white chocolate. Maybe dress them up by sprinkling a little diced, dried cranberry on top and drizzle with an icing or glaze.

Also, making pumpkin spice cake balls for the first time right now...can't decide what to use as a binder-creme brulee coffee creamer of cream cheese frosting?

What do you guys think?

I am dipping them in white chocolate and sprinkling them with chopped pecans and cinnamon. They're for a party tomorrow and I want everyone to LOVE them.

So, should I be safe and use the cream cheese frosting or daring and try the creme brulee creamer?

Thanks,
Chrisy

lv2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lv2bake Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 10:30pm
post #93 of 102

I found a bottle of pumpkin spice nog, at Walmart just 10 minutes ago , I am going to try that with a white cake same white chocolate with cinnamon and pecans.

sportsmom005 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 10:41pm
post #94 of 102

I was looking for that...I went to two different stores icon_cry.gif . Thats why I wound up making the pumpkin spice cake. Still can't decide which binder to use...

kpargola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kpargola Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 10:57pm
post #95 of 102

they sound so yummy. I am going to have to try to make them now.

amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 6:34am
post #96 of 102

cmyoung5 - I think either will be great. Try two varieties and se which one people like best.

lv2bake - like everything else, it depends on people's tates. Some don't like coconut, but almost everyone loved the orange and the snickers. I think a store bought cake would work fine. That's the beauty of cake balls - even cake that is too dry or soft or just not fit to eat as cake works great with cake balls. Really, they're almost impossible to mess up!

kpargola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kpargola Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 3:03pm
post #97 of 102

After reading the entire thread, how good would rum soaked yellow cake or chocolate cake with vanilla or chocolate pudding as binder, rolled in chocolate or white chocolate and then rolled in crushed peanuts. Like italian cream cake - yummy!

sportsmom005 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 3:25am
post #98 of 102

Decided to go with the creme brulee creamer...and everyone LOVED them!!!

I made them too big, though-they were 2 or 3 bite size...I have 5 kids, I have a hard time doing anything small icon_lol.gif

I made 50 and they were gone within 30 minutes...they were all anybody was talking about icon_biggrin.gif

Boy did it make me feel great icon_biggrin.gif

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 2:44am
post #99 of 102

Okay so I don't understand how some of these come together.... I usually add just a bit of the coffee creamer to mine... otherwise they seem to get mushy (I do usually use frozen cake though)....

Also - with caramel and peanut butter - how do you mix those in? Do you use a food processor? or are you just putting a bit of it and mushing it around in the cake scraps? And when you talk about caramel - are you making it from scratch, using caramel candy that you've melted, or using caramel sundae (ice cream) topping?

I've been wondering about that cheesecake stuff you can get in the store - like the ready-made cheesecake filling? Do you think you could use that and it would be good?

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 10:03pm
post #100 of 102

Alrighty here's my yummy ones that I just made:

1) Elvis truffles ('cause elvis balls sounds weird). - Banana cake, melted peanut butter, covered in chocolate - oh so good

1a) Banana chocolate - just banana cake covered in chocolate - didn't use a liquid

2) Strawberry cheesecake - Strawberry cake mixed with strawberry preserves, ready-to-eat cheesecake filling, covered in white or dark chocolate

3) Vanilla caramel - French vanilla cake with vanilla caramel coffee creamer covered in white chocolate

yum yum yum yum yum! and so evil b/c man you can pack on the pounds with them! They're so easy to eat and "oh so small....". icon_biggrin.gif

Crazy-4-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-4-Cakes Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 8:52pm
post #101 of 102

Okay I've been trying some of these flavors and testing them at my husband's work. Everyone loves them and is fighting over them. Now I want to market them and take orders. What do y'all charge for these lovely little treasures?

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 7:35pm
post #102 of 102

Ok everyone, I have gained at least 10 pounds just reading this thread. Do you make these about the size of a walnut and what do you charge for these if you sell them?
I did make these with WASC cake when I first joined the CC sight, but I thought they were a bit mushy but I froze them in small balls anyway. Well I bought some mini Nilla wafers by mistake at Christmas time and so I squeezed one of those little balls between two Nilla wafers. Then I dipped them in dark chocolate. They were really good. With the other half of the WASC balls ( I had lots) , I wrapped them around a Junior Mint and dipped them in dark chocolate. They were both a hit.
Thanks for all the recipes. I think a cookbook from here would be really fun. I am working on one for a charitable organization where I volunteer and it is really fun.
Lily

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%