Day Of Sharing: For Louisiana/east Tx & Anyone Close To

Decorating By tcturtleshell Updated 26 Jun 2005 , 2:21pm by stephanie214

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 9 May 2005 , 3:55am
post #1 of 105

To CC & Moderators, Will you please leave this post in General? We don't want anyone to miss this topic. Thank you very much~

Hello Everyone in Louisiana & East Texas icon_smile.gif
(Or anyone who would be interested in participating),

CIndymm4, MarknRox, & me TC have just started planning a Day of Sharing (DOS)!!!!!!!!! icon_smile.gif What we would like to do is see how many fellow cake decorators from the area would be interested in attending this.

Please PM me (TC), email me or reply to this post if you are interested. Please include the town & state you live in. After we have enough people interested we will try to pick a central locatioin to have the DOS. I am willing to use my house for this thumbs_up.gif but it might be too far for some to come. We will do most of the planning via email so our privacy will be protected. thumbs_up.gif

We have just started planning SO any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated! birthday.gif

To anyone who has held a DOS or has been to one please add your advice/suggestions too. detective.gif Thanks!

Questions:
1. Who would be willing to have this DOS in their home?
2. What technique would you like to learn?
3. Any suggestions?
4. What technique have you perfected & would you be willing to teach it?

Let's make this a great success so we could have a DOS every year!!! icon_smile.gif

I'll stop right here & you can add to this............... THANK YOU!!!!!

NEXT.....

104 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 9 May 2005 , 4:02am
post #2 of 105

You may want do post this again in the event section just to make sure any one looking there will get to see it too!

I just got back from a DOS in NC (instructor was Toba Garrett). It was terrific! I would love to go to yours too but I think it's a little too far! If you have any questions regarding DOS's let me know and I'll see if I can help! Good luck with yours!!

tcturtleshell Posted 9 May 2005 , 5:36am
post #3 of 105

I will probably be asking you a lot of questions Missey! I have never been to one! We have been talking about this off & on. I think it would be great to get some folks together in our area! I'll get back to you on that help...

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 9 May 2005 , 1:12pm
post #4 of 105

icon_cry.gif I wanna come, but I can't afford to come see you and go see my dad icon_cry.gif
Let us know how things go..

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 9 May 2005 , 1:19pm
post #5 of 105

OMG tc that would be awesome!! I'm in Louisiana and would love to attend.. I have a sister that I kinda dragged into cake decorating ... she decorates cakes too and I know she'll want to go also .. Count me in... I'd love to go!!

tcturtleshell Posted 9 May 2005 , 3:36pm
post #6 of 105

Wonderful!!!!! Ntertayneme!!!!!! That's great!!

SPQ_Stefi_B Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPQ_Stefi_B Posted 9 May 2005 , 5:47pm
post #7 of 105

Here's another one from Lake Charles, Louisiana. Depending on where and when I would love to go! I am just an amateur decorator so I can't think of a thing that I could teach, but I would make a great learner/guinea pig. I have not delved into gumpaste yet, and would love to learn. thumbs_up.gif

spq stefi b

ntertayneme Posted 9 May 2005 , 5:53pm
post #8 of 105

Hey SPQ_Stefi_B .. It'd be fun to get together and just share ideas and such .. you'd be surprised how much others have to offer and how much you can learn! I'm so excited about it all .. can't wait till we can all get together!!

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 9 May 2005 , 6:12pm
post #9 of 105

I'm in Longview, Texas and I would LOVE to come to your DOS! I'm just starting out in cake decorating so anything I can learn would be helpful.

ntertayneme Posted 9 May 2005 , 6:36pm
post #10 of 105

wooohooo!! another one TC !!

tcrema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcrema Posted 9 May 2005 , 7:27pm
post #11 of 105

TINA BO NINA!!!! YOU BUGGER! I'm jealouse! I wannnnnnaaaa come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhh well, maybe next time. Good luck and please have lots of fun learing for me!

tcturtleshell Posted 10 May 2005 , 3:36am
post #12 of 105

Wish you were here Sis!! You could teach a lot!!!

WOW!!!! We have a lot interested!!!! That's wonderful!!!

Cindy, Did you see this??? It's looking good!!

We will get some info to you as soon as we get it together right Cindy?

Sorry I haven't posted earlier. I have had some bad migraines hit me today! I've been wiped out!! I'll post tomorrow!

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 10 May 2005 , 4:37am
post #13 of 105

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif for me....

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif for you all...or..y'all! icon_wink.gif

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 10 May 2005 , 4:39am
post #14 of 105

tc ~ I sure hope your migrane eases up and leaves you alone! Feel better soon, I'm pulling for ya! HUGs!

tcturtleshell Posted 10 May 2005 , 5:07am
post #15 of 105

You are so sweet jscakes!! I wish you were lived close to me!!!! You could teach MMF teapots!!! Your's are the best I've EVER seen!!!! HUGS to you too~Good night~

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 10 May 2005 , 3:55pm
post #16 of 105

Just getting around to reading the posts.....I am so excited about all the interest!!! TC I had a migraine all day Sunday and ysterday as well....I'm wondering if some of it isn't allergy related...this weather is crazy!

I'm interested in hearing what kinds of things folks would like to see demonstrated.

Also, what do you folks think about all of us bring dummy cakes to work on so we woulnd't have to bother transporting decorated cakes??

Let us hear from all who are interested!!

tcturtleshell Posted 10 May 2005 , 7:01pm
post #17 of 105

I forgot to mention dummy cakes Cindy, sorry! That is a great idea! I'll be talking to you soon. I'm still sick w/ the migraines... Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Yes, I do think it's the weather!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 10 May 2005 , 7:28pm
post #18 of 105

Hi, TC and Cindy hope you both get over those headaches soon, they can really lay you low!

I'm pretty far away, but if I'm able I'd like to come to your DOS. One thing I'd like to see would be some demos on making sugar flowers, they are something I'd like to do and can't imagine being able to make them as beautiful as some I've seen!

TTYL Janice

ntertayneme Posted 10 May 2005 , 7:37pm
post #19 of 105

Great idea about the dummy cakes... I can bring one along to practice/decorate with... should we bring some fondant and maybe some gumpaste to work with also you think? I plan to bring my caddy with all my decorating stuff in it

TC and Cindy, hope you feel better soon... let me know if I can do anything to help!

tcturtleshell Posted 10 May 2005 , 7:41pm
post #20 of 105

Before I get offline I wanted to let you all know that my hubby agreed that I can use OUR HOME for the Day of Sharing!!!! Soooooooooo... what do ya'll think??? It's fine w/ us!! I'm going to ship my DH & kids & even dog off somewhere for the weekend!! Let me know what you guys think.

I'll get back on CC in a few hour & check this post. You can email me if you want too.

I'm getting really excited about this!!! I know ya'll are too!!

tcturtleshell Posted 10 May 2005 , 7:44pm
post #21 of 105

Janice you know your welcome to come!!! I'll email you later today~ HUGS!!

ntertayneme Posted 10 May 2005 , 8:06pm
post #22 of 105

Thank you TC and Cindy in advance for all the hard work you're doing to get this DOS off and going!! Hope you both feel better soon and let me know if there is anything I can do to help out in any way!

rusk1995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rusk1995 Posted 10 May 2005 , 9:04pm
post #23 of 105

I live in Rusk, Tx and would be interested in coming. icon_smile.gif

CIndymm4 Posted 11 May 2005 , 1:18am
post #24 of 105

Janice, sugar flowers...that's a great idea....maybe one of those who want to come will know how to do those and can teach the rest of us.....I'm doing better on the fondant roses that pastrypuffgirl taught me but still need some practice but I'd like to learn other flowers as well.....we'll explore that idea further. I do think we should bring fondant and gumpaste ( I haven't done anything with gumpaste yet but want to learn) and also our caddy's with us.

I have finally gotten rid of my migraine....I switch from the migraine medication to allergy medicine......guess it was a severe sinus headache not a migrain after all....hard to tell the difference, when you are nausea, can't handle the lights or sound and feel like your head is going to explode! LOL

I am so excited about our DOS!!!
b

tcturtleshell Posted 11 May 2005 , 3:41am
post #25 of 105

Hey Cindy,

Glad you migraine eased up! Mine is finally starting too. I'm going to email you tomorrow ok. Got a lot of stuff to talk about!

rusk1995.... Where is Rusk, TX? Never heard of it... Your welcome to come!

tcturtleshell Posted 11 May 2005 , 5:16am
post #26 of 105

Question....

What kind of things would you like to see demonstrated? PM me or email me or post it here~Thanks~

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 11 May 2005 , 11:02am
post #27 of 105

boy, i can't wait til' i get back in the states so i can go to one of these days of sharing. sounds like it will be a lot of fun. by the way, i will be moving to florida if any of you are from there! icon_lol.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 11 May 2005 , 8:43pm
post #28 of 105

Diane, this is something you can do now! When my hubby was active duty AF the wives would get together for any kind of a reason! I bet you can find several cake decorator's at the base. You should just make a post in the base newspaper. That would be so much fun! Think about it!! .....

Also... I still need some suggestions from the folks who are interested in coming~ The DOS will most likely be sometime in June! So if there is a date you can't come let us know. The 18/19 I will be busy so that's not good for me~

Cindy... got anything to say? icon_smile.gif

CIndymm4 Posted 12 May 2005 , 2:20am
post #29 of 105

For any of you who are wanting to come....are there any skills you'd like to share with the rest of us........everyone has at least one thing they are really good at, maybe it's making a particular type of flower in buttercream, royal or fondant, maybe it's stringwork or borders. Maybe you have developed a system for making perfect fondant bows or sculpted figures......whatever it is, we'd like to know what it is and will you be willing to share it with the group.....that way, we'll be able to plan out the day better.

Thanks in advance for the input in help in making this a wonderful DOS!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

ntertayneme Posted 12 May 2005 , 2:26am
post #30 of 105

Well, I've hardly perfected anything! LOL.. but I do my roses on a dowel stick (a short one that's been cut) instead of doing on a nail. Not sure if anyone would be interested in this.

As far as dates go, we're having my father-in-law's 78 birthday party here at my house on June 11th so I wouldn't be able to go on that date. Father's day is on the 19th, so some may be traveling to see their Dad's on that day.. Maybe the first or last Saturday of the month?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%