White Chocolate Fondant?

Decorating By korid Updated 29 Apr 2007 , 5:09am by Keliames

korid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korid Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone use white chocolate fondant? If so, does it taste good? Is it just like working with regular fondant? Where can you purchase it online? Do you prefer MMF over white chocolate fondant? Sorry for all the questions but I am new to this and I just do not know. Thanks for any help you can give me.

4 replies
cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 4:21pm
post #2 of 5

sorry i have never used it. so heres a bump

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 5

There a different versions of white chocolate fondant. You can make your own fondant and add melted white chocolate, or blend white chocolate clay with fondant, or buy one of several brands, particularly Chocopan.

It is softer and subject to 'melting' in hot weather, but it tastes good. It is also more expensive.

I suggest you try the blend of clay and fondant first. It will be very similar to chocopan and much less expensive.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 8:21pm
post #4 of 5

I use Chocopan for detail work and whimsy what-nots! I LOVE the way it tastes....exactly like white chocolate! It is much softer than fondant and I've never tried to cover a cake with it! Did you watch the last Awards Cake Competition? Collette Peters and her mate had a VERY difficult time using it to cover the cake! I can only imagine how soft it was under all those lights!

Keliames Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Keliames Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 5:09am
post #5 of 5

I just got some and it is GREAT. Tastes so good. I have not covered a cake yet....I will let you know. But I know that if it gets soft you can put it in the fridge for 5 min. You can also store it in the fridge or freezer, and because of the chocolate base, it lasts a lot longer before drying out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%