My Buttercream Tips

Decorating By sugarshack Updated 16 Mar 2014 , 2:50pm by loviescakes

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 24 Nov 2013 , 8:08am
post #571 of 575

Ang do you put salt in your BC? If so, it is prob that. You can dissolve the salt first in liquid well before u add it to the icing, or (like me) do not add any salt :)

sugarshack Posted 24 Nov 2013 , 8:10am
post #572 of 575

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Cilla 

Hi Sharon,

I'm a newbie, searching for the right buttercream.  I love your website and your cakes also.  I'll also be checking out some of those videos.  I have a question for you,  About how much total liquids make up those flavorings?  Three tablespoons,  2 teaspoons?  Thanks for sharing your recipe and your techniques. Way cool.

So sorry for the delay in answering, I was not notified of these posts....  the TOTAL liquid in my recipe is 16 TBS but that can vary by products used, huumidty, etc

sugarshack Posted 24 Nov 2013 , 8:11am
post #573 of 575

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerle 

Sharon, can the flavoring brand you use still be ordered from the same place as listed further back in this thread?  I'd like to order some and give it a try.  Please let me know.  Thanks!  And by the way, this has been a very informative thread.  I couldn't sleep last night so sat down and finally read it all the way through.  Some very good advice in here and I'm definitely going to try your BC recipe very soon.  Loved all the comments, tips and sharing going on here.  Hopefully I'll be doing the Sugar Shack cha cha soon!

So sorry for the delay in answering, I was not notified of these posts....

you can now order it online direct from B and B!  http://www.sugaredproductions.com/vendors/?id=18

sugarshack Posted 24 Nov 2013 , 8:13am
post #574 of 575

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosie93095 

I have a wedding cake to do for tomorrow afternoon. I am going to frost it tonight and was going to put it in the refrigerator  until delivery tomorrow. I have heard so many different opinions, but I want it to be perfect- it is for a relative who has a lot of influence at the Country Club where she works and I want to make a good impression so I can get more orders. Do I need to cover my cake after I ice it with buttercream? It is three tier, with fondant lace and roses.

sorry for the delay in answering; I did not get any notifications....

you dont have to cover it but it might sweat after coming out the  fridge...

loviescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loviescakes Posted 16 Mar 2014 , 2:50pm
post #575 of 575

AI was excited to find this tip as I will be doing a wedding cake and need the perfect icing! Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%