Cake Pans

Business By Yetts Updated 2 Apr 2007 , 3:40pm by albumangel

Yetts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yetts Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 12:26am
post #1 of 21

I need help finding basic cake pans for baking. Examples: 1/8 sheet, 1/4 sheet, 1/2 sheet, and full sheet. Any help I would greatly appriciate it.

20 replies
JILBRY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JILBRY Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 12:33am
post #2 of 21

Do you have any Michael's or Hobby Lobby stores in your area?

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 12:33am
post #3 of 21

Do they sell them here on CC? I highly recommend Magic Line pans. They cost a bit more but are so worth it.

JILBRY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JILBRY Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 12:42am
post #4 of 21

JoanneK,
I have never tried Majic Line pans. What is the difference between them and regular pans? What makes them worth it? I need to get some more pans and would love to know.

JoanneK Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 12:51am
post #5 of 21

They are made more for the professional baker. They have nice straight sides so they look nicer when iced. The quality is just so much nicer.

I bought my first one when I needed a new size pan and now I want to replace all my old pans and get all Magic Line pans.

I've never heard anything bad about them.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 5:24am
post #6 of 21

Yetts, you can sign up online for Hobby Lobby coupons.

Every other week you can get a Wilton pan for 40% off icon_smile.gif

HTH

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 5:35am
post #7 of 21

That's one thing that really bothers me about the wilton square pans. They always have a slanted side. Now I know. Next time it's Magic Line for me. Thanks JoanneK!!!
-Cyndi

southernbelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southernbelle Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 12:57pm
post #8 of 21

I have used Wilton pans for years and needed 1/2 sheet pan so decided to get a Magic Line. OMG!!!! Now I want to replace all my Wilton pans!! Magic Line pans are the bomb! Even my dh noticed the difference when I turned the cake out. Wilton can't hold a candle especially the squares. Such straight lines, once you use you will never go back to Wilton.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 1:03pm
post #9 of 21

I also have replaced most of my Wilton "basic" pans such as rounds, squares and rectangles with Magic Line! MUCH better product. Wilton does have sheet pans with 90 degree sides (Decorator Preferred), but the Magic Line pans are a heavier aluminum and your cakes just bake better and are not as "brown" when they come out of the pan! I love them!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 1:06pm
post #10 of 21

Wow! This is all great to know! I think I will buy some now too! icon_biggrin.gif

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 1:07pm
post #11 of 21

You may want to try cakepans4less.com (http://www.cakepans4less.com/OBLONG.html). I haven't ordered from them so I don't know how their customer service is. Their pans are cheaper than CC's but I can highly recommend CC's customer service. They're the best!!! thumbs_up.gif

HTH

MCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCook Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 1:14pm
post #12 of 21

Check out Ebay. This person on eBay has a pans-(-mostly square but you could ask about the sheet sizes)--good prices on the sets compared to in-store prices where I live.
You probably will need to cut & paste this site into your browser. The name of the eBay store is Cake Pans 4 Less.

http://stores.ebay.com/Cake-Pans-4-Less_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZQ2d999QQftidZ2QQtZkm

BlueLakeFox Decorating Tools is another "store" I found on eBay that has alot of fondant tools such as the embossing rolling pins, etc.

Silver044 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Silver044 Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 2:14pm
post #13 of 21

This is great to know because I need to order pans for my cousins wedding. Does everyone use a heating core for their 10" and larger cake pans? I didn't know if that was a necessity. Also, how many people use the magistrips? Are those to good to have? What size pan do you need to cook them with any size or just the larger cake pans?

Thanks for anyones help.

Yetts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yetts Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 5:55pm
post #14 of 21

thanks to all, all information has been a great help

darkchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darkchocolate Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 11:19pm
post #15 of 21

I would highly recommend the Magic Line pans. I love the perfectly square edges you get. The round pans have a straighter side than the Wilton pans. I received 3 more Magic Line pans yesterday in the mail from http://www.countrykitchensa.com/shops/cake_decorating.aspx

I placed my order on Monday and received it Friday. I paid a standard shipping of $6.95. I was able to get 3 cake pans and a 3# container of high ratio shortening. The site doesn't tell you if the pans are Magic Line so becareful. I called customer service and she told me the pans that start with 50- are Magic Line and the pans that start with 2105 are Wilton. You will not know this until you click on the tab that says "details".

When I wanted to place my order with Cake Central they were out of the pans I needed.

darkchocolate

JoanneK Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 2:19am
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi1207

That's one thing that really bothers me about the wilton . They always have a slanted side. Now I know. Next time it's for me. Thanks JoanneK!!!
-Cyndi

You are welcome. I promise you won't be unhappy if you get them. If you are, let me know and I will buy them from you icon_biggrin.gif Hows that for standing behind my recommendation!

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 2:28am
post #17 of 21

bakingtools.com is another great site for pans.

Tweetycup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweetycup Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 3:19am
post #18 of 21

Thank you all for this information... I was just about to post asking, what pans everyone prefered. This is a great help to us beginners.

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 3:30am
post #19 of 21

I got the Magic Line pans that I have from intotheoven.com

Great pans, great customer service!

Silver044 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Silver044 Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 3:05pm
post #20 of 21

Ok newbie on the purchasing pans. They didn't teach me that in school. I have a really really really silly question. What size(dimensions) is the 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, & full sheet pans. I went to countrykitchenusa.com to purchase pans but all I saw was the sizes. Please help.

albumangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
albumangel Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 3:40pm
post #21 of 21

There are different answers for sheet cake sizes, but here is what I've seen:

9x13=1/4
12x18=1/2
2 11x15's=full sheet
Or, some say a full sheet is 2 12x18 (half sheet) cakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%