Tests Tomorrow...

Decorating By tcturtleshell Updated 26 Mar 2005 , 4:47am by tcturtleshell

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 6:58am
post #1 of 25

Hey Everyone~

I just wanted to ask for your prayers & thoughts for me tomorrow. I am having a nerve test done on my legs/feet/arms/hands. I don't know anything about this test other then what people say. They say it hurts. I'm nervous as all get out that's why I'm up soooo late (12:50am here). My dr thinks I might have a disease called polyneuropathy (I hope I spelled it right). This disease runs in my family so the chances are high. I've been having problems with pains in my body for about 3 years now. I have finally said enough is enough! (I had to turn down a job in the neighbor grocery store's bakery. icon_cry.gif I knew I couldn't stand that long with all these aches & pains). I want every test done that will help me find out what's wrong. I'm only 37 but I feel like I'm 80 most of the time!!! I ache with every breath I take. icon_cry.gif Please think of me today or pray today that everything will come out ok. And that the dr.'s will find out what's wrong. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!! I feel better already!!!!! Like my signature says, "Prayers Go Up, Blessings Come Down" I do believe that!!!! Blessings, ~Tina~
I'll keep everyone posted~

24 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 7:49am
post #2 of 25

I'm here for ya TC, heck I am sure all of us are. I hope you let us know how things are. I know you have to stay flat for 6-8 hours afterwards (or so I have heard) and as for the pain, well I heard that the Lumbar puncture that they do for testing for this is comparible to an epidural when having a baby. If thats true it's not all that bad, at least it wasnt for me. You will be fine! Just think of good things, and yes blessings will come down! You better keep us posted!! icon_razz.gificon_wink.gif

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 10:11am
post #3 of 25

You'll do great TC! If its the same test a friend of mine had, they poke you with needles and zap some eletricity to see if there was any nerve damage. She said she was afraid to drink anything afterward because she feared she'd leak. icon_lol.gif

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 12:31pm
post #4 of 25

you know you have my prayers!!! i'm sorry to hear this. remember, God doesn't give us more than we can handle!!! icon_smile.gif
diane

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 1:13pm
post #5 of 25

My prayers are with you.
[/url]

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 2:37pm
post #6 of 25

TC, you will definitely be in my prayers. If we can get together for the sake of cakes, then I know that we can pray for you. And I have always believed that prayer can move mountains. Please keep us informed. And I will say a prayer every hour for you for as long as it takes. God bless you!!
Tanya

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 2:48pm
post #7 of 25

Tina, we are all with you. You are in our prayers.

Like flayvurdrun said ~ make sure you stay flat for the 6-8 hours if they are doing the lumbar puncture. If not you will have the worse headache you could ever imagine! (voice of experience speaking).

You will come through it fine. We're all pulling for you

Debbie

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 3:32pm
post #8 of 25

Like your quote says tc, my prayers go up for in your time of need and I pray that a blessing comes down for you and your family. Please keep us posted on the results.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 5:06pm
post #9 of 25

ImageTina...prayers going up for you!

linnburg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnburg Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 5:55pm
post #10 of 25

Tina,
You are probably already "testing" as I write this, but take heart, this is the first step in finding the underlying cause of your pain. My daughter has had these type of tests done several times. Seven years ago, when she was 12 years old, she contracted a virus. As a result, she can not walk or care for herself. Some doctors call it critical illness polyneuropathy others label it CIDP or CIAP. She experienced hypersensitivity and began taking Neurontin for the pain. After a few weeks, she noticed a definite improvement and today is pain free. She no longer needs to take this medication, but I know many people who do as their pain is more chronic. You may fall into this category. We have had alot of experience with tests, medications, doctors, etc. Please email me if you need help wading through the options that (hopefully) will be presented to you.

Best wishes and God bless,
Sandi

emi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emi Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 6:32pm
post #11 of 25

My prayers are also with you. Try not to worry too much.

cakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 6:34pm
post #12 of 25

Prayers going up now................keep the faith

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 12:41am
post #13 of 25

Modern medicine has come such a long way-I know there is agony in your mind and body everyday, but to finally have an answer and help should make the process a little easier to bear-there are so many prayers coming to you from all over the world from your "cake family" your heart should be light knowing you have our support. I hope the news is that there is something that can be done to make your days brighter-keep your spirits up and your faith close-we are here for you..

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 2:29am
post #14 of 25

You are in my prayers Tina, and in God's hands. Peace be with you. I'll be waiting to hear what you find out.

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 2:35am
post #15 of 25

tc ~ We are saying prayers for you also. Let us know how things turn out, please. Joann

tcturtleshell Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 5:05am
post #16 of 25

HI FRIENDS!!!

I am crying my eyes out right now because you guys just touched my heart BIG TIME!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND WORDS, THOUGHTS & PRAYERS!!!!! thumbs_up.gif I wish I would have had a chance to read your posts before I went for the tests!! I wouldn't have felt a thing!!!!! Thank you so much!! You lifted my spirits!!!! God is truly Good!!

Ok now for the results...
I have nerve damage in both feet. My left foot is worse. The dr. said I do have some kind of neuropathy going on. So now I have to go to a neurologist to find out what kind it is & to have more tests done.

Oh my goodness did it hurt!! It was just like Joe said. They put needles all over your legs, feet, arms & hands (not all at once just one limb at a time) & then send electric currents through. Some places hurt but some didn't, & some liked to have killed me!! It felt like a bad labor contraction plus a burn like when you get a shot but 5 times worse!! I had to squeeze my hubbys hand when they got to my feet! It was like I was in labor all over again icon_cry.gif I don't want to do that again but this dr. said that the neurologist would probably do my feet again just so she can see for herself... icon_cry.gif The only appointment they had open was a month from now. I hate having to wait that long, but oh, well. I'll go with the flow!

Linnburg/Sandi, The dr. put me on neurotin! I start taking it tonight at bedtime. I hope it will help me! I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. Can she walk now? What kind of virus did she get that would cause such a bad thing like that to happen? Now I will pray for her & you & your family!! I will probably have questions for you after I see the neurologist. Right now I have no idea about nerve damage. I'm afraid of looking it up on the internet... you read too much bad stuff!! Thank you for your help!

My hubby doesn't want me to do cakes anymore!!!! So I feel your pain suzyqqq!!! He said I don't need to be standing up in the kitchen all day doing cakes!! I'm a very VERY hard headed & stubborn woman so I said there is no way I'm going to stop!!! If I have a disease that will cause me to be in a wheel chair one day I am going to do everything I enjoy now & a lot of it!!!!!!!! He didn't tell me goodnight when he went to bed so I made him mad. OH WELL!!!! I can't just sit around & do nothing!! Sorry, I was venting!! icon_mad.gif

Thank you all for your kind words!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's great to have friends like ya'll!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif
Lisa, Thanks for the angel!! I collect angels!!!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 1:29pm
post #17 of 25

Tina...you have such strength and good spirit! I know you're going to make it through this. You tell hubby to be nice to our turtleshell! Keep decorating, smiling and staying postive!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 2:16pm
post #18 of 25

Who says you have to stand? Buy a barstool and sit on that when decorating, or do all your decorating at the kitchen table so that you can sit down.
That way the only part you have to stand at is when you are making cakes, and even then I bet you could sit down for that.
Where there's a will, there's a way! thumbs_up.gif
Glad to hear that you are able to get some anwers from your tests. I think not knowing why your ill is worse than knowing. (I'm one of those people that prefers to see when the doctor sticks me with a needle because it hurts less that way for me.)

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 2:26pm
post #19 of 25

tc, all of are prayers are with you and your family, so the outcome has to be positive. Do all the research you can! It's better to know what your options are. Once you get your treatment, you'll be back at decorating in no time, pain free! Prayers all the way!

tcrema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcrema Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 7:02pm
post #20 of 25

Hey Tina,
I am going to have to give you my mom's email address so that you to can get together and compair notes on the nurotin(spelling). She had a dr. put her on it for the same thing and then another one take her off of it. Who knows maybe if the 2 of you get together you can both be better!!! I love you Sis and am keeping you in my prayers....now please do the same for me. You know how it is when the husband is away everything that can go wrong probably will. Well the other day remember me telling you about my back hurting? I finally went to the Dr and now I have been diagnosed with severe lower right lumbar back spasims...Dr. Wants me to take like 4000mg of Robaxin a day but just cant with it only being me with the kids so you know what that means...I get to suffer through the pain. ok I'll quit complaining and go lay on the floor with my feet up like recommended. I love you and hope you are feeling better!

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 4:34am
post #21 of 25

tc ~ I'm sorry you had to endure so much pain during the testing process, but very glad your hubby was holding your hand during this, and of course very glad for the Angel on your shoulder watching over you! Hubby may have been mad, but only because he cares so much for you and he'll get over it. You should invest in a good dratfting table that adjusts to your needs!

tcturtleshell Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 5:06am
post #22 of 25

Thanks, LISA, MCHELLE, MOUSE, & JSCAKES for the advice about the tables & stools & sitting! Also for words of encouragement!!! I never thought I could have such great friends online!! icon_smile.gif

LISA... you are a very positive person also!! I see it in every post you make!!!

I have been coloring the icing & doing my decorating at the table. If I have to I'll bring all the supplies to the table along with my kitchen aid & do it all sitting down!! I'll try anything!

I baked 2 cakes yesterday for my Easter cake. I'm doing the Easter Cake on Pg.66 in the Wilton 05 year book. I thought it was sooooooo sweet!!!!!! I froze the cakes so I will decorate them Sat. I can't wait!! I have all the icing ready. All I have to do is decorate!

Today I did a race track cake for a boy who turns 8. I took pics but I still can't get my camera to download to the computer so I have to wait till I develope them to post them! One day I'll figure out this camera!

TCREMA.... I'll try & catch you online tomorrow ok!!! I'm sorry I forgot to email you with the results before I posted the results on here...... DON'T KILL ME!!!!! I LOVE YOU TOO!!! Later~

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 1:34pm
post #23 of 25

don't you let this get you down. thumbs_up.gif where there's a will there's a way!!
we know you have the will sooo, what's next!?!?!? icon_lol.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 1:36pm
post #24 of 25

TC~
All things will turn out in the end. Even if you still have some pain in your like, we women are a tough breed, and you have all of our support here. JSCakes is right, your husband loves you and doesn't want to see you in pain, so he thinks that if cake decorating is causing pain then he logically thinks you shouldn't be doing it. I'm sure that once he gets over the initial scare and you show him all the wonderfull solutions that we helped you come up with- he'll come around. I'm sure he loves you enough not take away something from you that makes you happy. We'll keep you in our mind, hearts, and prayers.
m0use

tcturtleshell Posted 26 Mar 2005 , 4:47am
post #25 of 25

Thank ya'll, thank ya'll!! Diane sorry I forgot to mention you in my earlier post!! You've been a blessing also!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%