I Would Like To Share My Good News!

Decorating By RAVUN Updated 14 Nov 2005 , 2:46pm by Sammy-2002

RAVUN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RAVUN Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 30

It is deer hunting season here in KY and every year my husband's very best friend comes down to hunt for several days......he is a good friend to us both. Every year I make sure the hunters are well fed...so yesterday I made a scratch chocolate cake with peanut butter icing and he raved about how good it was and started asking me about my cake baking...and then he shocked me by asking me if I could have anything to help me with my cake making what would it be.....of course I said one day I would love to own a KA mixer (I have a little GE right now). So he said come on lets go to Walmart and get you one!!! He said he wanted to get me one because for the last 10 years I had been a good friend and that I had always cooked and made him feel right at home when he visited. He said he wanted to do something nice for me.
So now I am the very proud owner of a brand new KA mixer!
I feel very blessed to have such a special man for a friend.
PLUS...he is a manager of a plant that furnishes and refinishes bakeware to bakeries all over and he said they had just bought out a small company and he said he has a overstock of new baking pans of all sizes and shapes that will not be used and he said he would send me boxes of all kinds when he gets back home if I wanted them...I said You Bet!
It feels like Christmas for me here in KY!!!
Thanks for listening to my ranting on and on....I just had to share with people that I knew would understand my excitement!
Debbie

29 replies
marknrox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknrox Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 6:44pm
post #2 of 30

What a great friend. Congratulations!!!

tinanh27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinanh27 Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 30

Good thing happen to good People!!!!!!!!!!

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 6:46pm
post #4 of 30

Wow--God sure smiled on you AND your friend. Congratulations on your new KA.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 6:46pm
post #5 of 30

WOW! how exciting. You must be a very good friend too!

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 6:48pm
post #6 of 30

icon_smile.gif What a special friend you have!!!!!! Every once in a while an angel lands.. Yours came bearing a KA mixer icon_lol.gif Enjoy your new mixer and those pans soon to come. What a blessing!

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 7:00pm
post #7 of 30

How wonderful for you!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 7:09pm
post #8 of 30

Sounds like Christmas to me too! That is a great friend, and he definitely gives great gifts! Janice

vie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vie Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 7:16pm
post #9 of 30

Wow, you are right Christmas is early for you. If you stop and think.... what goes around comes around and there are still people in this world that appreciate what others do for them. This is a great example.

Sylvie

duckduck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
duckduck Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 7:18pm
post #10 of 30

How very sweet!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 8:30pm
post #11 of 30

What a great thing to share with us!! I enjoyed reading your post!! Congrads on your new KA!!!! Ya!!! Aren't friends wonderful!!! Good deads are never over looked!!!! Ohhh, maybe next year he'll give you a business!! icon_lol.gif Great story!

Thought I'd add this picture~ Friends make the world go around!
LL

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 8:35pm
post #12 of 30

Wow! You've received back what you have given! You just never know what's around the corner!
tc, love your little card!

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 8:36pm
post #13 of 30

What a great story. It's nice to feel appreciated, huh? What a nice friend.

kos

MontiBellesBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MontiBellesBakery Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 8:48pm
post #14 of 30

How awesome!!!

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 9:50pm
post #15 of 30

Hi Debbie!! That was so very sweet!

Ah yes....deer hunting time. My oldest son is staying at his grandfather's cabin this weekend. He has been looking forward to this for the past two months...heehee He is 15 and still hasn't gotten one yet. I do hope he gets one this year....it's breaking his heart that everyone else out there has gotten one. icon_cry.gif

Hugs, ~Denise

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 10:01pm
post #16 of 30

Wow What a friend. He is just great. You see, when you do good things you get even better things in return.

thumbs_up.gif

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 10:15pm
post #17 of 30

Enjoy your new KA...sounds like he is a really great friend. icon_smile.gif

TickledPink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TickledPink Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 10:55pm
post #18 of 30

I one hundred percent believe in karma and what goes around, comes around. I'm so glad your goodness came back around to ya!!!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 10:59pm
post #19 of 30

Can you please tell this lovely man that when he is in New York he can hunt with my family and I will also bake him a cake!?

Is he single...I know a nice girl.....

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 12:54am
post #20 of 30

Yippee for you!!!!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 3:49am
post #21 of 30

Wow!! What an awesome friend!!!

sweettreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreasures Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 4:44am
post #22 of 30

Debbie,
You deserve it.. Like he said, you've been a great friend and I really respect people like you who make sure their friends feel welcomed. I would've done the same thing for you.
Congratulations, on the KA.

RAVUN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RAVUN Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 1:33pm
post #23 of 30

Thanks you all for all the kind words and card..loved it!
And no he is happily married to a wonderful woman who is as great as he is...
Even when he asked me if I wanted all these pans...he said he could send me 2 or 3 skids of them and I know I had a look of shock on my face...then he said you take what you want and just give the rest of them to some of your friends.....now isn't that nice.
He told me once that he loved to see people happy and to see joy in their hearts. He is truely one of a kind.
Last year I was crocheting layette sets and making little quilts and glove puppets for my local hospital's nursery and children's ward and I just called him up and asked if he could send me some gloves for the puppets....he said sure and a few days later I got 200 pairs of cloth gloves!
I have always believed in my heart and my dear mother always taught me that you do good unselfish things for others and you will be rewarded...and I feel that God has given me the gift of making things with my hands...so I always try to share what God blessed me with. My motto is no matter how hard my life seems...there are always people out there who are in worse shape than me.
Thank you all for the kind words .....they brought tears flowing.
OK there is the Sunday morning service! icon_biggrin.gif
I must go use the mixer....I have only looked at it so far.....
Debbie

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 5:18pm
post #24 of 30

Congrats on your new baby...let us know when you make your first cake using it.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 9:37pm
post #25 of 30

Congratulations. It's always nice to know that there Are still good people out there.

Princess

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 10:48pm
post #26 of 30

CONGRATULATIONS!! HAPPY IS THE HEART THAT SOWS SEEDS OF KINDNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peanut2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peanut2 Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 12:14am
post #27 of 30

Congratulations! That was a fantastic surprise!

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 7:27am
post #28 of 30

wow ....i love happy stories....Im big on giving ...Only Im not rich so i have to do it in other ways ...like you .....with kindness ....its always a good feeling when someone makes you feel special back .....

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 1:04pm
post #29 of 30

Enjoy your new toy- you deserve it...what a nice gentleman to do that for you...it's deer hunting up in WI too starting this weekend...hubby gets to this year and I have to stay behind icon_cry.gif I started hunting 5 years ago and I have yet to get a dear...had a chance 2 years ago to get one..but I was hunting in a buck only zone icon_mad.gif
Glad to know that there are still good people in this world! And you tell your husband that he's soo lucky to have a friend like that...and tell your husband's best friend that we think he is a very nice gentleman to do that for you!

**edited for spelling icon_rolleyes.gif

Sammy-2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sammy-2002 Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 2:46pm
post #30 of 30

Wow! That's a decorator's dream come true!

Congratulations!

Sammy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%