Omg!!! I Have To Share This (Ot)

Lounge By MominSC Updated 15 Nov 2005 , 3:58pm by dodibug

MominSC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MominSC Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 34

Ok I am so excited....my DH just called me while he was at work. He works for Dish Network...he is at a customers house right now and the customer was a Wilton instructor. She is in her early 60's and she has been doing this for over 30 years. She owns her own bakery. She had DH call me and ask me what I was having the most trouble with...my thing is roses, reverse shell, and basketweave. She was sending DH home with LOTS of supplies and books. He said she taught him how to do the rose while he was there..and he got it the 2nd time!!! She was so nice..I spoke with her on the phone. She asked to see some of my work.. icon_redface.gif I am not that good by any means, but she looked at one and was in awe because I have not had any classes. She said that if I wanted to do the courses, she had everything I needed right there at her home and she would teach me everything I need to know. THEN all her customers that live near me, she could refer them to me. I am soooo excited!!! She is showing hubby how to do reverse shell right now also!!! I told her that I have learned everything that I do know I got from here. She wanted the link..so I gave it to her. I just had to share this wonderful news with you..and now I am waiting by the door like a kid waiting on DH to get home!! LOL

(Gotta go back to the door now...lol)

Beth

33 replies
blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 34

Hi Beth,

It is so nice to hear that there are still people out there that are so nice and helpful!! I bet you are excited. Let us know what u get!

Berta

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 4:15pm
post #3 of 34

That is wonderful Beth!! Congrats! icon_smile.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 34

..that is soo cool! ..and might I add..what a wonderful DH yu must have!!

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 34

Congratulations on your big coup!!!

Enjoy your one on one lessons...much better than classroom.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 5:35pm
post #6 of 34

That is soooooo cool... Too cute that she's teaching your hubby how to do all these things. LOL...

Princess

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 5:37pm
post #7 of 34

Mom,

Isn't nice to see that there are STILL people out there that are NOT intimidated by the up and comming talent?

They are secure enough to share what they know, and one better..to bring you up to HER customers standard so she can share the load?

How wonderful is this person??

And what wonderful thing you must've done to get this Heaven sent gift..lol!!

Congrats!!!

and let us know how it works out, you may be so busy that eventually YOU may have to do the same thing and pay this foward..lol

bigboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigboots Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 5:43pm
post #8 of 34

Great news. Congrats!!!

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 11:09pm
post #9 of 34

I am soo Happy for you !!!

You have met yourself someone special !!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

meme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meme Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 11:25pm
post #10 of 34

That is great! I just wonder if hubby is going to go back to work and tell all his coworkers what he learned on the job, too funny Just picturing my own hubby in that situation makes me laugh.

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 11:44pm
post #11 of 34

Very excited for you, keep us postedicon_smile.gif

RaRaRobyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaRaRobyn Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 1:17am
post #12 of 34

How cool!!!

My husband would have so been like "Yeah show me! I wanna be better than my wife!" LOL!

I say "Honey, I can't refuel a U-2Spyplane, so we're even"

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 1:22am
post #13 of 34

MominSC; I agree with blittle6! Congratulations and remember what goes around comes around, something like "Pay it forward"! Have a great time learning new things, and best of all you'll have hubby to share with you! icon_smile.gif

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 1:42am
post #14 of 34

I have to say that is great news. I think your cakes are beautiful....no one would ever know that you have not taken any classes. I am sure she will be able to teach you lots of new techniques. icon_smile.gif
traci

KCsmom98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCsmom98 Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 2:03am
post #15 of 34

wow MominSC.icon_eek.gif ..that is great. i wish that i had someone do that for me. Where in SC are you located...if you don't mind.

Jen icon_smile.gif

MominSC Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 2:10am
post #16 of 34

Well hubby made it home..and boy was I ever surprised. She gave him loads of stuff..and alot of yummy recipes. I wonder if it would be okay to post them here for you all? I bet you all would love some of them. She has an AWESOME recipe for icing. I tasted it and it was very yummy and easy to decorate with. Many of you may already have it or have used it but I would still love to share with you guys. Yes, my DH is so special. He tries his best to take part in what I do..even if he isn't really all that interested...but then he usually ends up liking it anyway...LOL If I learn anything that you guys haven't mentioned, I will be sure to post.

[/quote]wow MominSC. ..that is great. i wish that i had someone do that for me. Where in SC are you located...if you don't mind.

Quote:
Quote:

I am in Lexington..howdy neighbor!!! thumbs_up.gif

Beth

KCsmom98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCsmom98 Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 12:11pm
post #17 of 34

please share some of the recipes....i too am new to decorating, and get most of my recipes from family, friends, etc. TIA icon_biggrin.gif

mvigil Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 12:03am
post #18 of 34

That would be great if you could share some of the recipes!!

MominSC Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 1:03am
post #19 of 34

I have tried to call her to see if I can share the recipes...but I have not gotten an answer nor a call back icon_confused.gif Do you think it would be ok just to post them here..I mean it's not like I am selling them?? TIA

Beth

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 3:07am
post #20 of 34

I just don't think we can say it enough, THE LORD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS. You were due for a blessing. thumbs_up.gif

cakefanatic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefanatic Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 3:20am
post #21 of 34

If you do post them please let me know!

[email protected]

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 5:03am
post #22 of 34

What a wonderful thing to happen to you. I'm sure you were just chomping at the bit waiting for him to get home. I would have been pacing in front of the window waiting. icon_lol.gif

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 5:17am
post #23 of 34

I always love new recipes! Please share.......

THANKS!

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 8:29am
post #24 of 34

I love it when things like that happen ...it goves me hope that some day the wilton fairy will visit my house!!

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 3:15am
post #25 of 34

Is your avitar a picture of your DH? it's hard to see him decorating a cake!

meme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meme Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 3:26am
post #26 of 34

Well if Vin Deisal is her husband she is my idol! LOL

mvigil Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 5:44pm
post #27 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme

Well if Vin Deisal is her husband she is my idol! LOL

I second that one meme !!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

MominSC Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 5:51pm
post #28 of 34

Hi all..I am still trying to get a hold of the lady with the recipes. Oh and BTW...didn't I tell you all that I was married to Vin. We have been married now for 7 years. Some say that my kids look just like him. And he does look quite sexy with an icing bag in his hand.... icon_lol.gif

Hugs
Beth...aka Mrs. Diesel icon_wink.gif

mvigil Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 6:11pm
post #29 of 34

Beth does he wear that black tank top when decorating or JUST an apron !!!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

MominSC Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 6:13pm
post #30 of 34

Well if the kids are awake, he wears the blank tank top...if they are asleep.....just the apron icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif And I will leave the rest...unsaid icon_wink.gif

Beth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%