Edible Lace tutorial
Last edited: 10/24/12
- Sketching with SugarVeilLast edited: 2/4/12
I like these gel colors. Ihave another box that has many more, not just 8. But they're all the same. I prefer gel colors to any other kind because they don't really affect the consistency. Only if...
These are nice to add a pretty touch to the cake. But when my brother was eating a slice , he tried to bite into the rose! Lol, tried being the key word. Overall, I love these roses. But I don't...
This product sort of adds more stress to my decorating. The little screw at the end keeps coming off when I roll. So I screw it tighter, but then the roller doesn't roll because the screw "holds"...
I used to use Wilton. It gets the job done, Its fondant. But I found it to be a brick and impossible to roll and kneed. Microwaving it in 5-10 second intervals helps but... the taste just doesn't...
This caddy has a little room for a lot of stuff, not meant to hold everything. Rolls easily, with the pull handle that's slides down to store it. Rack on back for literature. 2 racks on top for...
- Sketching with SugarVeil
How do i use Sugarveil without the sugarveil mat - Page 2
Poll Results: Does sugarveil really crack after dry?
I use SV every once in awhile, and I haven't bothered to buy a mat. You can just use parchment paper. Put a printed or hand drawn web underneath the parchment paper, and pipe away.
I picked this up off this website yesterday:
Is this a too good to be true thing?
To make lace without using the SugarVeil Confectioners' Mats, just place the bride's lace on a copier, print out the design, then place it under a sheet of greased parchment paper and trace/pipe over the lines with a parchment cone filled with SugarVeil Icing. You can also pipe out a monogram the same way, and when it is partially set, submerge the piping tip into the monogram and build it up to a nice dimensional shape (that has soft, sculpted edges).
For other lace designs, you can download and print the lace designs from cakes pictured on this page http://www.sugarveil.com/icing_dispenser/design_patterns.htm, place under greased parchment paper, and trace/pipe with a piping bag or a parchment cone filled with SugarVeil icing. When SugarVeil "sets", you can peel it from the parchment and, because it is flexible, you can wrap the lace around a cake after peeling, or make it days ahead of time and store it between sheets of parchment in a zipped bag until you are ready to place it onto the cake. Go to http://www.facebook.com/sugarveilicing to see lots of cake photos with lace, or you can go here and see instructional SugarVeil videos: http://www.youtube.com/sugarveil. Thank you!
- How do i use Sugarveil without the sugarveil mat
- › Do you work at home? Just how dressed do you get? 47 seconds ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 3 minutes ago
- › Groups asking for bakery tours at my place 7 minutes ago
- › Cake Fell Apart - HELP!!! 8 minutes ago
- › Help! What filling would go great with a watermelon cake 16 minutes ago
- › Wilton 3d stand up bear 18 minutes ago
- › Cake brain 20 minutes ago
- › finally leaving the bakery.. 20 minutes ago
- › Please help ID this flower... 29 minutes ago
- › Damage in transit? Help please! 29 minutes ago
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Red Icing Roses Large by Wilton by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Fondant Ribbon Cutter Embosser Set by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Pure White Rolled Fondant, 80 oz by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by blwilley
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones