- topicAlmondtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBananatagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBlack Forest Caketagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicButterscotchtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCappuccinotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCaramel Appletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCarrot Cakestagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCinnamon Rollstagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCitrustagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCoconuttagged by System, 10/31/12More
- topicCookietagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicDreamsicletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicEspressotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicIrish Creamtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicRumtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicWeddingtagged by System, 10/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- Overreacting bride? Last post on 12/19/12 at 10:12am in Cake Decorating
- Wedding cake with lines on it help! Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:57am in Cake Decorating
- In Desparate Need of Ideas Last post on 12/10/12 at 5:58am in Cake Decorating
- How would you do this design? Last post on 11/25/12 at 9:54am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 6/9/11
- All-Nighter CookiesLast edited: 12/29/09
- Coconut Cake with Ginger Lime CurdLast edited: 12/3/09
- Award Winning Pineapple Rum CakeLast edited: 10/24/09
- Amaretto Almond CakeLast edited: 6/13/11
The silpats in various sizes make my baking and decorating much simpler. Don't know what I would do without one. Love the small ones to bake on, no need for parchment paper. And the big one...
I have to use a lot of it to turn my buttercream white (I use only butter, no crisco). It makes the icing almost curdly and almost impossible to smooth nicely. There is always a huge clump in the...
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
I was able to try Renshaw quite some time ago and all I can say is I love it!
HELP! Gourmet flavors???? - Page 414
Cake Central Top Pickspost #6197 of 63983/26/13 at 1:22pm
oh my gosh I am drooling reading all of these cake flavors! The only one I have to offer is a vanilla spice cake with mexican hot chocolate butter cream. I don't have the recipe handy, I know that it has cayanne pepper in the frosting to give it a kick. Its been ages since I messed with it! maybe I will make it today :) now to dig out the recipe...post #6198 of 63983/27/13 at 10:25amQuote:
13" square or 14" round
10" + 9" round
Two 8" and one 5" round
Two 8" squares
Two 9" rounds
Half recipe (1 mix) = two 6" rounds
For one 11" round:
5 cups cake mix
2 1/2 c flour
2 1/2 c sugar
1 pkg pudding mix
2 1/2 c sour cream
3 1/3 c liquid
7 eggs (or 10 egg whites)
1/3 c oilpost #6199 of 63983/27/13 at 10:29ampost #6200 of 63983/28/13 at 4:04ampost #6201 of 63983/28/13 at 4:57pmHello everyone. I'm not very experienced making cakes, but I work in an army base, and I would love to make a special cake for about 20 soldiers. Could someone share with me a cake recipe that will taste amazing including filling,mixing and baking instructions? Please help!!
I was thinking about that orange dreamsicle cake people keep talking about...But I will welcome all suggestions. Thank you.post #6202 of 63983/30/13 at 5:28ampost #6203 of 63983/30/13 at 5:58pmQuote:
Yes, I make cupcakes with this recipe :) I prefer them to other cuppies that tend to be too dry or too airy.post #6204 of 63984/5/13 at 12:42pmpost #6205 of 63984/6/13 at 7:50pmpost #6206 of 63984/7/13 at 7:43am
The Davinci and Torani syrups don't add nearly as much flavor as the Loran flavors. I end up subbing for a lot of the other liquids just to get more flavor when I use the syrups.
Good to know about adding an extra egg white. Thanks for that tip!
MacsMom: I made your fudge filling that's listed in the document this week. It doesn't specify what size bag of chocolate chips so I used my regular 12 oz. bags. The filling was way too thick to use once it cooled. I ended up adding over a cup of half and half to make it spreadable. Did I add too much chocolate chips or do you think it was another problem.
BTW: the taste of the fudge filling is stupendous! Everyone who likes chocolate should try it. It's so much better than chocolate frosting in flavor and texture. We're eating it solo over here!post #6207 of 63984/8/13 at 5:01pmI have tried several of your recipes and they are fantastic! This coming weekend I wanted to make Orange Dreamsicle cupcakes, I found the DH Orange Supreme cake mix, and I have the dreamsicle yogurt (I also have some TGIF drink mix). I want to make one batch for the adults and one for the kids, so my question is what liquid do I use as a substitute for the children's version (or does the alcohol bake out, like wine does when you cook with it,)?
Apologize if these questions have been asked or if they are dumb questions I'm still learning at adapting recipes. Anyway, should I use sunkist or orange juice....
Thank you for all the help you've provided to new and experienced bakers, I am so impressed and grateful with all the bakers that are so helpful and willing to teach the rest of us!post #6208 of 63984/8/13 at 5:06pmpost #6209 of 63984/8/13 at 6:04pm
- HELP! Gourmet flavors????
Cake Central Top Picks
- All-Nighter Cookies
- › chocolate cake 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › What other Christmas cookie should I make? Here's a list of what... 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › How to speed up the cookie decorating process? (Cut-out cookies and... 4 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › What's your favorite decorated cake/cookie/cake pop this holiday... 4 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Cheap Kitchens UK 4 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Offering Tastings??! 4 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Cake mix doctor recipes 4 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Wilton edible markers?? 6 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Decorating supplies in Flagstaff, AZ? 6 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 8 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Commercial Size Baking Mat by TrudyF
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Red, 1.5 Pound by Ange1mom
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones