This cake tastes very decadent, but don’t let it fool you, it’s sooo easy!
The Orange Blossom Cake
- 2 white cake mixes
- 4 tsp orange flavoring
- 2 tubs of whipping topping
- 1 large can of mandarin oranges, drained
- Prepare both cake mixes, adding 2 tsp of orange flavoring to the batter. Put into two 8″ round pans, prepared with non stick spray.
- Bake as directed.
- With both layers completely cooled, put both tubs of whipped topping into a large mixing bowl. Add remaining 2 tsp of flavoring to the whipped topping, and stir in completely. (if you choose, you can tint the whipped topping a light orange for presentation purposes)
- Put the first layer on the cake plate, and frost the top of the layer with a thin layer of flavored whipped topping. Add a layer of the orange slices. Put another thin layer of of the flavored topping on top of the orange slices. Add the next layer, then frost the entire cake with remaining flavored whipped topping. Add the remaining orange slices to the top, and if you like, around the bottom on the cake plate.
- Refrigerating overnight is a good idea, but not necessary. It can be served right away!