This cake tastes very decadent, but donât let it fool you, itâs sooo easy!
The Orange Blossom Cake
- 2 white cake mixes
- 4 tsp orange flavoring
- 2 tubs of whipping topping
- 1 large can of mandarin oranges, drained
- Prepare both cake mixes, adding 2 tsp of orange flavoring to the batter. Put into two 8â³ round pans, prepared with non stick spray.
- Bake as directed.
- With both layers completely cooled, put both tubs of whipped topping into a large mixing bowl. Add remaining 2 tsp of flavoring to the whipped topping, and stir in completely. (if you choose, you can tint the whipped topping a light orange for presentation purposes)
- Put the first layer on the cake plate, and frost the top of the layer with a thin layer of flavored whipped topping. Add a layer of the orange slices. Put another thin layer of of the flavored topping on top of the orange slices. Add the next layer, then frost the entire cake with remaining flavored whipped topping. Add the remaining orange slices to the top, and if you like, around the bottom on the cake plate.
- Refrigerating overnight is a good idea, but not necessary. It can be served right away!
I'm going to try this, but want to confirm what you mean by "2 tubs of whip topping" - we have "Cool Whip" where I'm from, and the regular sized "tub" is pretty large. Also, the large can of mandarin oranges - is that about a 15oz? I was hoping to find a scratch recipe Orange Cake - but all the whipped cream in this just sounds delicious! Have to try, thanks!
Login To Leave A Comment