A chocolate cupcake baked in a hollowed-out orange shell. I saw this idea on a TV show and had to try it, the combination of chocolate and orange flavors is delicious!
- Chocolate Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- 1 small pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- To prepare oranges: Cut each orange in half crosswise and scoop out the insides. Slice a thin layer from the bottom of each orange to make a flat surface. Brush orange extract on the inside of each orange half. Cover the outside of each orange shell with aluminum foil, and place the foil wrapped orange shells in a jumbo muffin pan.
To prepare cupcake batter: Pour all of the ingredients, except for chocolate chips, into a large mixing bowl. Mix together on low for 2 minutes, then stir in the chocolate chips.
Fill the orange halves about 2/3 full and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Turn pan halfway through baking time for even cooking.