I was trying to write a recipe that would be fun for winter. This Recipe is what I came up with. It brings back great memories of when I was a kid having s’mores by the campfire. Enjoy!
- Chocolate cake ingredients:
- ¼ cup instant chocolate pudding
- ¼ cup milk cocoa powder
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups unsifted cake flour
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 1/3 cups evaporated milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350*. Place paper cups in cupcake pans. (no need to grease), Stir together cocoa and boiling water in small bowl until smooth; set aside. Cream shortening, sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat well. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and pudding; add alternating with milk to creamed mixture. Blend in cocoa mixture.
- In prepared paper cups, pour mixture ¾ full in paper cups and cook for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Let stand in paper cups on wire rack to cool completely.
Chocolate Ganache ingredients:
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 13 ounces milk chocolate; broken into pieces
- Place the cream in a pot and bring to a boil, stirring. Add the chocolate and stir untl melted and combined. Pour into cool metal bowl and whip for 5 minutes or until ganache is fluffy and cool.
- Filling cupcake and over top:
- Place cupcake filler in pastery bag with a cupcake filler tip; fill bag with cooled ganache and push down into cupcake and squeeze, as you are squeezing pull out of cupcake and bring a little ganache over top of cupcake.
Graham Cracker Crumbs:
- Place 6 graham crackers into ziplock back. Use hammer or something heavy and bang on graham crackers until finely crumbed. Sprinkle on top of chocolate ganache.
Meringue Cookie Ingredients:
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. Cream of tarter
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 250*.
- Prepare pans by greasing and adding parchment paper on cookie sheet pans.
- Whip egg whites, vanilla, cream of tarter and salt in a mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Add the sugar gradually, whipping constantly until stiff peaks form and all the sugar in added.
- Place mixture in a ziplock bag or pastry bag; cut off end and squeeze enough out to make small cookie (big enough to top cupcake); shape of ice cream swirled in cone, onto prepared pans. Bake for 1 hour. Let stand on pans until cooled. Peel off parchement paper. Scorch Meringue cookie with a chef’s torch to look like camp fire s’mores.
Place Meringue Cookie on top of cupcake to finish.