What If You Know A Cake Will Be Ugly?

Decorating By pouchet82 Updated 9 Aug 2013 , 4:13pm by smittyditty

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 2:08pm
post #91 of 101

I thought I would update everyone since you've all been super supportive. My friend sent me a message yesterday apologizing again and hoping that my husband and I will come to the wedding. She seems sincere. I had a long talk with my husband and we've decided to go to the wedding. He will still be in the wedding party, since he doesn't want to throw away a 20+ year friendship. I agreed to go to the wedding to keep the peace, and if for no other reason to see what monstrosity of a cake they ordered last minute. I may need to post pictures after...

I just want to thank everyone again for all your support and kind words, it's nice to know sometimes that you aren't going crazy. It's nice to know that I have some good cake friends here!

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 2:20pm
post #92 of 101

I'm glad it's worked out and everyone made up with each other..it's always better to forgive and forget.

Please take a photo of the cake!

smittyditty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smittyditty Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 9:07pm
post #93 of 101

So was the cake anything like what she wanted? Curious minds want to know.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 9:26pm
post #94 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouchet82 

I thought I would update everyone on the change of events with this cake. The groom, who is very good friends with my husband, texted him saying that we should be giving the wedding cake to them as their gift. Yes, a cake to serve 270 people for free. The last time I checked, a cake that costs zero dollars has zero servings. I had told them all along how much it would cost, now suddenly they're telling us how much we should give as a gift. I was so upset and disgusted that I told my friend she can go to a bakery and find someone else to make her cake. Needless to say I am no longer invited to the wedding (insert bridezilla emoticon here).

I'm furious. Apparently when making a cake for a friend, even if your husband is in the wedding party, you still need a contract and a deposit. Lesson learned.

I was so upset and disgusted that I told my friend she can go to a bakery and find someone else to make her cake.

As Star Jones said:      " You have to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything."   Well done, standing up for yourself.

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 10:35pm
post #95 of 101

I had posted a reply earlier, but clearly it didn't work. Suffice it to say that being at that wedding, I felt as though I was in an episode of "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding". Totally over the top, totally cheesy. The wedding cake was unimpressive, 5 tiers round and square alternating with rhinestone ribbon around the base of each tier. There were some fake flowers on the cake.  Meh. Unfortunately I didn't get a pic because they only brought it out to cut and then took it away (I wonder why...)

At least I got to make a wedding cake for another bride, a cake that was appreciated and that I felt good about making. At least I've got some orders where I can use the ingredients I bought, and re-coup my losses.

Here is the pic of the cake I made for the other bride, at least this is one I ca be proud of, seeing as I was slightly horrified with the other design!

daryll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daryll Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 10:45pm
post #96 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouchet82 

I had posted a reply earlier, but clearly it didn't work. Suffice it to say that being at that wedding, I felt as though I was in an episode of "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding". Totally over the top, totally cheesy. The wedding cake was unimpressive, 5 tiers round and square alternating with rhinestone ribbon around the base of each tier. There were some fake flowers on the cake.  Meh. Unfortunately I didn't get a pic because they only brought it out to cut and then took it away (I wonder why...)

At least I got to make a wedding cake for another bride, a cake that was appreciated and that I felt good about making. At least I've got some orders where I can use the ingredients I bought, and re-coup my losses.

Here is the pic of the cake I made for the other bride, at least this is one I ca be proud of, seeing as I was slightly horrified with the other design!

Beautiful!!

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 11:13pm
post #97 of 101

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!  Thanks for sharing.

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 11:58pm
post #98 of 101

AVery Pretty! Nice work!:D

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 12:02am
post #99 of 101

I love how people are watching that show and actually using it as inspiration now icon_lol.gif

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 12:21am
post #100 of 101

pouchet82 Well Done, Your flowers are gorgeous. Beautiful Cake.

Don't be concerned about casting your pearls before the Beverly Hillbillies !

I give you a 5 stars, 2 thumbs up, and enjoyed viewing your photo.

smittyditty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smittyditty Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 4:13pm
post #101 of 101

Great Job!!! That was a beautiful cake. Thanks for the follow up and too bad about taking a pic. I'm glad you can see the appreciation from a bride who didn't even know you and compare it to the treatment from a lifelong friend.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%