I've Resorted To Desperate Measures

Lounge By cakesbycathy Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 1:07am by bizatchgirl

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 8:31pm
post #361 of 395

Rosie2, thanks for the thoughts. I hope I get better soon too. I have a cake for Saturday and right now I can't even sit at a desk for 8 hours and keep my head on straight, I can't imagine doing a cake. Luckily my back-up at work is a sweetie and she's agreed to let me have tomorrow off. Yay!!

Misdawn, I love the Mindy Klasky books!!!! There's an author that's similar. Her series is about a vampire that runs a dating agency. One book is called Dead End Dating. Can't think of the author. They're about that same level of light hearted humor. Little bit of romance, little bit of mystery. They have the whole yummy smell thing going on too. Every vampire smells differently. I think the main character smells like cotton candy, or maybe the hottie guy smells like cotton candy. And the born vamps are all snobby to the made vamps (yes, vamps can procreate). Very cute.

I'm still so muzzy headed I wrote 'the author is a vampire..."

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 10:43pm
post #362 of 395

LOL! I knew what you meant!

I'll have to see if I can find that book anywhere. I've been looking for a new book to read lately!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 6:05pm
post #363 of 395

I finally snagged a copy of Twilight at my library. I devoured it in about a day. Then I watched the movie. ARG! Why did they do that to it?!!!

Misdawn Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 6:53pm
post #364 of 395

Now you know what we've been complaining about!! LOL! The director New Moon said that he stuck more to the book so we'll have to see how that movie goes. So far, according to all the previews it looks pretty spot on.

BTW, in case any of you Twihards haven't seen the clips from ComiCon yet, you can find the clips on bellasdiary.com.

sadsmile Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 7:16pm
post #365 of 395

OK I am way behind the times. Somebody clue me in paaaleeeze!
I saw in her to go and read Midnight Sun and I am just a few pages in haha. So whats next should i go read Bella's diary up to the point of the next book? Should I read that in tandem with the books or wait and read it after? And when is the whole of The Midnight sun coming out? It's just too good!!! It's yummy!

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 8:49pm
post #366 of 395

Hello Twihards icon_biggrin.gif tell me did SM wrote 'Bella's Dairy' now?? haven't seen it!! where is it??

Misdawn Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 8:57pm
post #367 of 395

No she didn't write it, but it is the best 'continuation' of the Twilight story that I have found on the web. It's www.bellasdiary.com.

Rosie2 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 9:25pm
post #368 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdawn

No she didn't write it, but it is the best 'continuation' of the Twilight story that I have found on the web. It's www.bellasdiary.com.

Ahhh, thank you Misdawn!! interesting...and yeah, I can tell SM did not write the diary. It's good though...

Misdawn Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 9:30pm
post #369 of 395

You're very welcome!

sadsmile Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 2:57pm
post #370 of 395

OK I finished the rest of The Midnightsun last night. I must say it was rather humorous to see some things from behind his thoughts! I really must work on a cake but I have the most horrid cramps and all I was to do is curl up with the next book, but that would require going to the library or store to get it. Which brings me to a morbid thought - Bells's a girls who cycles normally right? How is that going to playy into things? I really need that next book don't I!? I am still mad at the movie. Fuming actually. Why did they put so many things out of sequence??? It really changed the dynamic between sevearl characters and how they interacted. GRRR!!! Boo on the screen play wrtters and on the director! They should have known better. You don't mess with a good thing right. I mean if it ain't broke.... DUH!

Misdawn Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 3:14pm
post #371 of 395

Yeah that's pretty much what I thought too! LOL! Why fix it?

bizatchgirl Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 3:50am
post #372 of 395

Hello! So how's about we get some action on here now that New Moon is out? No spoilers, of course. I haven't seen it yet but will be seeing it tomorrow with a group of 10 girls. 3 are girls I went with to Twilight. Looks like we'll be making it a tradition!

I'm also having a party before we head over. Making a Red Velvet cake (may enter it into the contest if I get brave enough). I'll keep the design to myself, just in case I do enter it icon_wink.gif

I bought Vampire wine (made by Vampire Vineyards, of course), made Twilight themed fortune cookies. I have a slideshow made to play on my TV, along with the two soundtracks for ambience. Oh, going to have some red punch too!

What do you all have planned to celebrate the release of New Moon?

Misdawn Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:01am
post #373 of 395

Ok so I went to the midnight show last night. New Moon was SSSSSSSOOOOOO much better made than Twilight. I mean...I realize they had a limited budget for Twilight and not so much for New Moon. But New Moon was AWESOME! Except for one little cheesy part...but hey no spoilers! LOL!

bizatchgirl Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:11am
post #374 of 395

Aw man, I wrote out a whole reply then hit something and it disappeared! Ugh.

So, I'm so glad YOU replied Misdawn. You're the whole reason I came back here to post to see how everyone was doing. I have your avatar picture in my slideshow. When it came up, I was like hey, whatever happened to all my CC Twilight friends?

I just got done putting the 2nd half of my red velvet cake in the oven. I looked like I murdered someone, or severed a finger, or both!

I'm so glad to hear it's made well. You didn't say anything about the story, but I'm inferring from your comments that story is good too icon_lol.gif It would stink to have all this anticipation and then get this huge let down. I'm just glad to be going with good friends and my sisters and niece. I know we'll have fun no matter what. But SO MUCH MORE fun if the movie is great!

Oh and we're totally going to be dorked out. We're ALL wearing Vampire t-shirts. Some licensed Twilight shirts and some plain old vamp themed shirts: Give blood, date a vampire. Only a vampire can love you forever. I kissed a vampire and I LOVED it. I'm a vampire, don't make me bite you. I (heart) vampires.

And for party favors...I have some necklaces with similar slogans, bracelets too. I am DYING for someone to wear the fake tattoos that look like fang marks icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

BTW, for books I am all vamp all the way now. Have read House of Night, Anita Blake, Vampire Academy, reading Vampire Diaries. Also The Mortal Instruments, and many others. I tried going back to my good old mysteries and they just don't cut it for me right now!

Misdawn Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:22am
post #375 of 395

Ok I'm currently on book 3 of the Dead End Dating series.

And by the way.....New Moon has a HUGE cliffhanger. Just thought I'd prepare ya for it! If you've read the book, then you can probably see it coming.

bizatchgirl Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:31am
post #376 of 395

Dead End Dating is SO fun. I like that series too. I didn't even know there was a 3rd one out. Is that new? There's so much good fantasy stuff out there! It's a whole new world that Twilight opened up because I really didn't read that stuff before. Just murder mysteries and legal thrillers (which are usually murder mysteries!) and some Steven King and Dean Koontz. Now there's this whole new plethora of books and authors for me to choose from. I love it! And I can't wait for True Blood to come back. It's driving me nuts that it's gone!!

I think I mentioned it in a previous post but Mindy Klasky (Girl's Guide to Witchcraft) is really good. It's really light and cute, like Dead End Dating. You would probably enjoy that too!

Cliffhanger, huh? Well I have read all of the books, some of the more than once icon_redface.gif I can't say that I know where New Moon leaves off though so now I'll be wondering what the cliffhanger is!

Thanks a lot icon_wink.gif

Misdawn Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 5:01am
post #377 of 395

Oh yeah I read Girl's Guide to Witchcraft series already! And in the Dead End Dating series, I think there's 5 books so far. At least that's how many I've found on Amazon!

bizatchgirl Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 5:08am
post #378 of 395

I'm so out of the loop! I'll have to go check those out. Thanks!

sadsmile Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 12:41pm
post #379 of 395

I went through all the books in under 2 weeks... I don't think I can handle a cliff hanger. The first movie didn't have the flow it needed and it still left me needing to see the next part...LOL Maybe I should wait till they are all made.
Yeah that's not going to work is it?

Maybe I'll just read the books again...LOL Though, with Turkey Day coming I don't have time for that right now.

Rosie2 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:47pm
post #380 of 395

I saw New Moon last night with my one friend that also read the books in a couple of weeks. And we're both middle aged women, but we both agree that if we were 10yrs younger we would drooled over Taylor Lautner...I can't believe I just said that LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

New Moon is definitely better than Twilight...I can't wait for Eclipse icon_smile.gif

Misdawn Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 9:11pm
post #381 of 395

Me either! Eclipse is supposed to come out the day before my birthday...guess I know what me and my girls will be doing to celebrate!!!!!

Rosie2 Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 4:54pm
post #382 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdawn

Me either! Eclipse is supposed to come out the day before my birthday...guess I know what me and my girls will be doing to celebrate!!!!!

When is Eclipse coming out?? I've heard it's already finished.

bizatchgirl Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 5:06pm
post #383 of 395

Yeah, when is it coming out? I've heard March and I've heard June.

bizatchgirl Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 8:11pm
post #384 of 395

So, here's my cake that didn't quite get done for my New Moon party.

On the side you see the lights that are supposed to go up and down the columns. I still need to do the floor and decide how to get Bella and Edward in there.

I so lost any motivation for molding the figures. I thought I'd do a fondant plaque but there's no good full body shot of them dancing in the gazebo.

What do you think? I wanted something that was super different from all the same-old same-old cakes that are in the competition.
LL

Misdawn Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 9:08pm
post #385 of 395

O I think you did a great job!

BTW, the Summit site states that Eclipse has finished filming, is now in post-production, and is slated to be released June 6, 2010.

bizatchgirl Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 9:19pm
post #386 of 395

Thanks. I really wish I could get motivated to finish it off. It's nice right now, but nothing really ties it to Twilight.

I just checked IMDB and it also says June. A friend who saw the movie at AMC says they have a poster up that says March?!

March is too soon. I'm not having another party if it's March, but I will if it's in June icon_lol.gif

myheartsdesire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myheartsdesire Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 6:22am
post #387 of 395

I never wanted to watch the movie or read the books. My sister sent me the movie "in case I changed my mind". I fell in love. I read the books in less than two weeks. And I couldn't stop thinking about edward... whats the deal??? icon_smile.gif

bizatchgirl Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 2:44pm
post #388 of 395

Maybe there's an ilicit substance baked into the pages? Makes it SO addictive icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

bizatchgirl Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 2:30am
post #389 of 395

Updates? Thoughts and opinions on Eclipse?

Misdawn Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 6:00am
post #390 of 395

Best quality production of the three so far. And I think they stuck to the books much more in this one, although there were a few parts that were left out altogether or altered somewhat. I love the part where Edward asks, "Doesn't he have a T-shirt?" And when Jacob tells Bella "I make you nervous," the entire theater was dead silent and a girl in the back yelled out "You make ME nervous!" It was hilarious.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%