I've Resorted To Desperate Measures

Lounge By cakesbycathy Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 1:07am by bizatchgirl

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 7:34pm
post #301 of 395

[quote="bizatchgirl"I just read the newest Sookie book and I think it was great.[/quote]

I'm glad to hear that the newest book is great. I'm on book 4 now, its taking me a while but i'm hanging in there. It will be great to see how season 2 plays out and what all they use from the book. The one thing that sticks out so far, is the connection between Eric and Sookie. Bill never seems to be around..there is always Eric. I'm counting down the nights until it returns icon_lol.gif

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:24pm
post #302 of 395

Ive only read one sookie book and and it didnt really call to my attention. I perfer the show.

But I love lynsay sands, katie macalister and mary janice davidsons vampire books

jer702 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:57pm
post #303 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayla1505

Ive only read one sookie book and and it didnt really call to my attention. I perfer the show.

But I love lynsay sands, katie macalister and mary janice davidsons vampire books

I just read the excert from Love Bites (book 2), I like, I like.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 10:27pm
post #304 of 395

Hey, I didn't know all the issues about 'Midnight Sun'...I guess Stephanie Meyers had already started writing a book based on Edwards perspective and someone posted it on Internet without her knowledge.

And actually, I've heard rumors that she's planning to write a book about each one of the Twilight characters...Edward, Bella, Jacob etc
So, there's more to come Twilight fans!! icon_smile.gif

jer702 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 10:59pm
post #305 of 395

I've read about the 1st part but not the second...but it would be awesome. I've read the 12 chapters (I think) from Midnight Sun and it was just awesome. Its really cool to see things from Edward's perspective..make sure you read once your done with 4.

Rosie2 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 12:45am
post #306 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer702

I've read about the 1st part but not the second...but it would be awesome. I've read the 12 chapters (I think) from Midnight Sun and it was just awesome. Its really cool to see things from Edward's perspective..make sure you read once your done with 4.

Yes, I will...I'm still on Eclipse though.

Have you ever read 'Interview with a Vampire' by Anne Rice?...I saw the movie and that was enough for me, I don't want to read her books. However, the movie is pretty good if you like vampire stories and I do know that Anne Rice wrote a book for each one of her characters from Interview with the Vampire...and if SM does the same thing I DO want to read her books icon_biggrin.gif

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:04am
post #307 of 395

I love books, pretty much all books by anyone and everyone, all genres.

I read Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches series and I thought it was awful. Never could bring myself to read the Vampire Chronicles after that.

I love all the suggestions for good vampire books!!! Not that I'm up to date on the Sookie books again, I need more books to fill that hole. Oh well, maybe time to read Twilight series again!!!

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 2:03pm
post #308 of 395

There's always time for Twilight!!!

Rosie2 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:39pm
post #309 of 395

We had 16 straight day of sunshine in Seattle icon_smile.gif but!! we're back to clouds and rain buuuu icon_sad.gif...

Although...I'm sure the Cullens are happy LOL, LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

kayla1505 Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 1:12pm
post #310 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer702

Quote:

I just read the excert from Love Bites (book 2), I like, I like.

Love bites is one of my favorite books, its soo funny too icon_smile.gif

Rosie2 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 10:19pm
post #311 of 395

I just finished reading 'Eclipse' and, of course, I runned to Costco to buy 'Breaking Dawn' icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Rosie2 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 5:24pm
post #312 of 395

Ok, I'm almost done reading 'Breaking Dawn' and...wow....doble wow...

At the same time I started wondering...will I ever be so interested in reading a book again icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I love to read and 've read tons of books throught my life and some of them I've forgotten, but this is a story that stays with you....yikes!!!

kayla1505 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 7:32pm
post #313 of 395

lets hope she finishes midnight sun so we have more to read icon_smile.gif

Rosie2 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:11pm
post #314 of 395
Quote:

lets hope she finishes midnight sun so we have more to read icon_smile.gif

Yessss!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
Edited to add this: have you read her draft of Midnight Sun on-line?

kayla1505 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:14pm
post #315 of 395

yes I have , it left me wanting more

jer702 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 3:12am
post #316 of 395

I can't believe we haven't talked Twilight in over a week icon_eek.gif Did guys find a cure to our obsession? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Did anyone check out True Blood premiere last week?

Misdawn Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 6:27am
post #317 of 395

Sorry...I've been getting my fix on bellasdiary.com

jer702 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 2:17pm
post #318 of 395

uh-oh you've started something. I started reading the diary entry (reminisce) and now i'm just going to have to read all of them. icon_cool.gif

Misdawn Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 3:01pm
post #319 of 395

Yup... I did too! LOL! It's addictive!

jer702 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 3:04pm
post #320 of 395

It sure is, i've read 22 entries already and still going.

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 1:34pm
post #321 of 395

I am sure this has been covered already but I did not read through the whole thread....anyway I was at the moves the other night and I saw the poster for New Moon, I do not know how I can wait until November for it to come out.

This is one of the best book series since Harry Potter! I love it. I had to hide my last book because I was reading when I should have been studying for my finals, oopsy!

Misdawn Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 1:35pm
post #322 of 395

How's it going Jer?

Misdawn Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 1:20am
post #323 of 395

Jer?

jer702 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 1:26am
post #324 of 395

Misdawn, you can breathe now..i'm here icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I've been super duper swamped at work and that's usually my time for all things CC and Twilight related...now I'm actually having to work while i'm there icon_evil.gif I read all the diary entries yesterday and even checked today to see if there was a new one..and no there wasn't icon_cry.gif

Misdawn Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 2:32am
post #325 of 395

Yeah. She only updates every week now instead of every 2 or 3 days. Well ...what did you think?

jer702 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:07am
post #326 of 395

OMG I freaking loved it. The only thing is that i'm so tired of having to hear about the Volturi but they do keep things interesting. I was also very sad about Charlie but in the end...you know I just love that idea. I can never get tired of reading about Edward, Bella and the whole Cullen Family. Thank you so much for giving me my Twilight fix cause it was needed. Did you get a chance to check out True Blood?

Misdawn Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:28am
post #327 of 395

Well I was going to check it out, but my bf lost his job two weeks ago and he shut the cable off!!! We only have the basics now. He literally shut it off the day of the season premier! I could have choked him to death!

Yeah I hated that about Charlie, but I really didn't like the whole ability to mke people feel compassion thing. I think the author could have gotten a little more creative than that. But overall I check it every week. I'm addicted!!

jer702 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:00am
post #328 of 395

I'm so sorry to hear about your BF and his job, things will work out..I'll keep my fingers crossed. I actually just turned on my movie channels just for True Blood icon_lol.gif I guess Charlie's ability could've been more creative, I was just happy that he was able to use it to save Nessa, but it makes it all better. If you have any other sites that you go, let me know.

Rosie2 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 8:28pm
post #329 of 395

What is True Blood another book?

Misdawn Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 8:29pm
post #330 of 395

True Blood is the HBO television series based on the Sookie Stackhouse book series.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%