I've Resorted To Desperate Measures

Lounge By cakesbycathy Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 1:07am by bizatchgirl

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:00am
post #271 of 395

You could even adda fondant or gumpaste picture frame with an edible image of Edward in it. And place it like the frame is leaning against the chess board and sitting amid the red fabric.

Misdawn Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:01am
post #272 of 395

Personally, I would use the image on my avatar for the frame! LOL!

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:03am
post #273 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdawn

Honestly, that's what I was thinking..but then I would never want to give it up.

Misdawn Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:06am
post #274 of 395

True! LOL! It would be hard to let that go with the cake.

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:50am
post #275 of 395

if it were up to me, i would just put a huge photo of edward.(hehe) but i think she wants it gender nutral. ita actually for a boy

kayla1505 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:51am
post #276 of 395

opps double post

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 6:57am
post #277 of 395
Quote:

What about a staked cake where the bottome is a 12x12 (or so) chess board, then have four smaller layers made to look like each of the books stacked up, then have an apple on top. You could have a red fondant swags running around the bottom on the board.

yikes! thank you Misdawn that sounds awesomeeee, I'm sure Kayla can easily do something to that effect. Me? hmmm...er...you're talking to an amateur icon_redface.gifthumbsdown.gif

Rosie2 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 7:00am
post #278 of 395
Quote:

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Misdawn Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:10pm
post #279 of 395

Can you shape some red fondant into an apple shape? and make a stem with a little brown fondant? Then just take four separate rectangular cakes, buttercream them, put black foondant over them, and use something to put creases in the fondant to separate the 'books'. Then if you can get an edible image (I go down to my local grocery store bakery and depending on the size, it's about $10), get images printed of the cover of Twilight and the spibes of all the books. Then just lightly, and I do mean lightly, spray with vodka and adhere the inages to the books. Put your apple on top and Voila!

Rosie2 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:28pm
post #280 of 395
Quote:

Can you shape some red fondant into an apple shape? and make a stem with a little brown fondant? Then just take four separate rectangular cakes, buttercream them, put black foondant over them, and use something to put creases in the fondant to separate the 'books'. Then if you can get an edible image (I go down to my local grocery store bakery and depending on the size, it's about $10), get images printed of the cover of Twilight and the spibes of all the books. Then just lightly, and I do mean lightly, spray with vodka and adhere the inages to the books. Put your apple on top and Voila!

Misdawn, you're genious!! they way you describe it I can do! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif....okay I printed your instructions because I will probably practice way before I need to make the cake. And, guess what? I finally got myself an edible ink printer but as you can imagine is hardly used, he,he icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
Thank youuuuuuu Misdawn, you're awesome!!! thumbs_up.gif

BTW, you ladies are probably going to think I'm vampire because icon_biggrin.gif this message shows that I'm writing it at 2:25am, but I swear, in my world, it is 8:26am... icon_confused.gif why is that? anyone knows?

Rosie2 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:34pm
post #281 of 395

Today is the 15th day of sun and NO clouds/rain in Seattle icon_smile.gif...so, the Cullens continue to hide LOL, LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

jer702 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:51pm
post #282 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Today is the 15th day of sun and NO clouds/rain in Seattle icon_smile.gif...so, the Cullens continue to hide LOL, LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

LOL if only I was in hiding also, with Edward of course.

Rosie2 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:58pm
post #283 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer702

Quote:

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif...you don't think Jacob is better looking than Edward?
I love dark skin icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif LOL

jdrew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdrew Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:07pm
post #284 of 395

I'm kind of new. I didn't know about this thread until today. I'm a HUGE Twilight fan!!!...When I was reading the books, I would give my boyfriend a hard time "why can't you be more like Edward" "Edward would do this.."
All my boyfriend would do is laugh at me. Of course, he would make fun of me in front of other people. But then he would find out that most of our couple friends the women are crazy about Edward too...By the way, book 1 and 3 are my favorites. Not enough Edward in book 4...I'm going to stop now. I can go on forever.

jer702 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:11pm
post #285 of 395
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif...you don't think Jacob is better looking than Edward?
I love dark skin icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif LOL

Rob is such a cutie pie, but I only love him as Edward. I like the character more than the actor. I must admit, after seeing the trailer for New Moon Jacob has gotten extra points in my book...but he's only 17..thats just wrong LOL

jer702 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:13pm
post #286 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrew

I'm kind of new. I didn't know about this thread until today. I'm a HUGE Twilight fan!!!...When I was reading the books, I would give my boyfriend a hard time "why can't you be more like Edward" "Edward would do this.."
All my boyfriend would do is laugh at me. Of course, he would make fun of me in front of other people. But then he would find out that most of our couple friends the women are crazy about Edward too...By the way, book 1 and 3 are my favorites. Not enough Edward in book 4...I'm going to stop now. I can go on forever.

Welcome to our little addiction corner, please feel free to talk about Twilight as much as you want. This place is the only place that I can get my fix, since all my friends think that i'm crazy.

Rosie2 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:30pm
post #287 of 395
Quote:

but he's only 17..thats just wrong LOL

Only 17???? yikes!!!! yeah, very wrong LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Rosie2 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:44pm
post #288 of 395

You're not crazy Jer, it's an instense love story and who doesn't like a unique love story?
Don't we all wish we found our 'soul mate'? and if we did, of course, we would go to extremes...just like Edward and Bella. However, the twist to make it more interesting is that includes vampires (good ones) and werewolves (good ones too!!) icon_smile.gif and then they select cute actors for the movie and WHAM is a total hit and everybody gets the Twilight fever!!! ha,ha LOL, LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

jer702 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:59pm
post #289 of 395
Quote:

Quote:

but he's only 17..thats just wrong LOL

Only 17???? yikes!!!! yeah, very wrong LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

LMAO. He is very freaking cute, and I think he's gained tons of fans after the new trailer. Can they blame us for drooling?

kayla1505 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 5:42pm
post #290 of 395

wow 17 now I do feel bad ogling ( not really! he looks really good without his shirt on )

kayla1505 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 5:45pm
post #291 of 395

I know what you mean Jer, its not so much Rob( even though hes HOT) its more about Edwards character.

jer702 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 5:47pm
post #292 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayla1505

wow 17 now I do feel bad ogling ( not really! he looks really good without his shirt on )

LOL your silly. icon_lol.gif

kayla1505 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 6:10pm
post #293 of 395

Whats funny is that I never really liked Jacob in the book because He was always tireing to steal Bella away

But I cant wait to see him I New Moon icon_wink.gif

jer702 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 6:23pm
post #294 of 395

Yes, yes, yes. Have you seen this one? Super duper yummy!!

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20274072,00.html

jdrew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdrew Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 6:26pm
post #295 of 395

That's a HOTTTT pic!!

jer702 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 6:31pm
post #296 of 395

Isn't it, now if they can only add the one with Jacob icon_redface.gif

Rosie2 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 7:54pm
post #297 of 395
Quote:

Yes, yes, yes. Have you seen this one? Super duper yummy!!

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20274072,00.html

Yikes!! I feel like a dirty old woman icon_biggrin.gif LMAO

jer702 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 8:02pm
post #298 of 395

That's okay, we're all in this together.

Rosie2 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 11:05pm
post #299 of 395
Quote:

That's okay, we're all in this together.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif besides, there's nothing wrong with just looking, right? LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif...
And I'm sure they want women to drool over them icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:02am
post #300 of 395

Oooh, ooh. There are lots of great Twilight cakes in the gallery. My favorites are the ones that incorporate something from all of the books. The apple, ribbon, chess piece and the orchid (I think). There's a very nice tiered one that has all of the elements. I think it's also a topsy turvy cake.

I just read the newest Sookie book and I think it was great. Then we got the first season on DVD and I got my boyfriend hooked!!! We watched the whole season in 3 days. It helps that I got him hooked on Buffy, Angel, and Dexter first icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Can't wait for New Moon. I'm still planning my party and reminded people just today.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%