Officially Embarassed

Lounge By ktbug103 Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 11:49pm by Heath

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:31am
post #271 of 2203

I am laughing my A$$ off!
Potato, 'kitchen w/o a fridge!
Okay, I just had to post, as I got up to refill, this thing grew three pages, and I'm only on page 15, but had to stick in a laugh icon_wink.gif

cakelurker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:32am
post #272 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug103

I also forgot to add I do have pictures of the cake and cupcakes that I took in my trunk before I tossed them. I guess I could post them.. They are on my phone so I would have to e-mail them to myself. I really don't want to identify the baker by posting our small town names... I don't want to slander her personally. All I want from this is for no one else to make the same mistake I did. I don't have any hard feelings... I just don't want someone else to be out of their money with no edible cake.

First thank you for not naming cities. I figured St. Louis was close enough.

Next you did slander her by posting this post in the first place.

IF you could smell an oder as you claim BEFORE you walked in the door then why did you even go in? Let alone pay for something made in a house you CONSIDER filthy?

Why did you come to a public forum and post this. You've already done your damage by calling the health department. If the health department found your claim to be legit wouldn't that have been enough? Just by calling them you "did your part" for making sure noone else "wasted money on a nonedible cake".

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:33am
post #273 of 2203

I don't see where OP did anything wrong by reporting her. The truth is your best defense.

teamsterbabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teamsterbabe Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:34am
post #274 of 2203

detective.gif OK has anyone glommed onto this little "nugget" about the cake boxes...
They were flimsy...folded when even carefully held to place in the trunk of the car...Christmas Wal-Mart Gift boxes with some kind of Holiday design on them...
THIS baker is very talented to have decorated a cake INSIDE the box!!
How did this cake get in this flimsy box?
Wouldn't it need a cardboard under the cake?
If Baker didn't use a cardboard under the cake that means that she decorated it in the box or on her counter and moved it into the box.
How does that work??
Sherlock??

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:35am
post #275 of 2203

Just cause she called the health department, doesn't mean KT can't come on here to talk about what happened to her. That is the point of these types of forums I thought. Heck, it must be, cause we're all reading & posting on this thread.

michellenj Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:35am
post #276 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Re: the issue of flimsy boxes.

Once I ran out of my regular 10" cake boxes and I ran to walmart to pick up a couple. walmart sells wilton brand boxes and these things are barely more than glued layers of tissue paper. Very flimsy. After reading thru the comments on the boxes, I can see where a wilton brand cake box from walmart might be misidentified as a gift box.

Just sayin' .......

Tissue paper and glue...how true...

cakesbyjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjen Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:36am
post #277 of 2203

btw... this is the perfect mini drama to make the baking time go much quicker...

so thank you from an impatient baker!!! madhatter.gif

other than that i have no opinion on whether this is any more real than "reality tv"....

cakelurker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:36am
post #278 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatocakes

Wow, Michelle! I'm impressed! How did you figure that out?

Anyone else notice that ktbug and cakelurker never post back to back or even remotely close to each other? Must be because it takes a bit of time to log out of one username and into another, hmmm?????? icon_lol.gif

ETA: Okay, scratch that. Just proved me wrong!!!

There is also a ktbug103, age 27, in Atlanta. I was thrown off for a sec, b/c CL said Y'all.

There is also a ktbug103 that has been thinking of getting back into pageants.

Google is your friend.

Y'all...born in Georgia and raised in South Carolina. Only in this area because of hubby's job.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:37am
post #279 of 2203

yea I have to say, I agree completely with OP here. She has never named names, never identified location until CL already did... this is a cake site, for all things cake related.. I think it's totally appropriate for her to post here. The Health Dept will sort this all out. if her claims are unfounded then the baker can continue business as usual.

It's not slander if no one knows who the baker is icon_confused.gif

michellenj Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:38am
post #280 of 2203

Y'all is a very handy word. Nobody in my area will buy it, though.

I'm a Sylvester, GA girl myself.

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:38am
post #281 of 2203
Quote:
Quote:

Most of us on here are fellow cakerators not customers. So you posting on here doesn't save a future customer of hers from ordering from her.

Exactly! I can't imagine what a non-cakerator would do with this site? Do they even speak our language? Is there a cakerator-english dictionary out there that I don't know about? I had to teach my DH the hard way! man, a CK-english dictionary would have been so helpful in those early days! icon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

michellenj Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:39am
post #282 of 2203

Wouldn't it be libel, because it is printed? May be the box o'wine talking here.

potatocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potatocakes Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:39am
post #283 of 2203

Regarding comments on why OP felt the need to post about this here: EVERYONE posts their gripes, vents, complaints, etc. about customers, orders, cakes, and everything else here. We would all be lying if we said we only came here for the instruction and learning potential.

Mizuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mizuki Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:41am
post #284 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakelurker

Quote:

Quote:

Anyone else notice that ktbug and cakelurker never post back to back or even remotely close to each other? Must be because it takes a bit of time to log out of one username and into another, hmmm?????? icon_lol.gif

There is also a ktbug103, age 27, in Atlanta. I was thrown off for a sec, b/c CL said Y'all.

Google is your friend.

Y'all...born in Georgia and raised in South Carolina. Only in this area because of hubby's job.

Woops! Someone posted under the wrong screen name!! detective.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:41am
post #285 of 2203
Quote:

Y'all is a very handy word. Nobody in my area will buy it, though.

I'm a Sylvester, GA girl myself.

Born and raised in Indiana and my conversation is peppered with "y'all's" all the time!!

Is this the only thread being read tonight? icon_lol.gif It's the only one I'm getting email notifications on! icon_lol.gif

Ayanami Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:42am
post #286 of 2203

cakesbyjen & teamsterbabe - new emoticions! yeah! thank you. I thought the little detective guy was great, & i didn't even notice the mad hatter. princess.gif

teamsterbabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teamsterbabe Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:42am
post #287 of 2203

I think we need a "Blog-ercial Break"
Some of us need to pee and others to get refills icon_lol.gif

potatocakes Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:42am
post #288 of 2203

Also, OP did state in her first post that she had been thinking about taking Wilton lessons for quite a while, so maybe she did join last fall to learn more about cake decorating, but just hasn't had the time or money to start doing it herself yet. But if she's been reading here for a few months, she may feel like she belongs (and understands the language enough) to be able to post a complaint or gripe like anyone else would.

mommakristin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakristin Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:42am
post #289 of 2203

I don't think ktbug has done anything wrong by posting on here. It is her perogative to post on here. I just think that it's wrong of her to say she doesn't want to slander the baker or cause her any harm.

I tell my kids all the time~ if you are going to say then own it. Don't say it then act like you don't want to hurt someone's feelings. That's like a double offense.

If ktbug didn't want to hurt the baker then she should have left it with the HD and let them handle it.

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:43am
post #290 of 2203

...off topic, but I laugh my a$$ off every time I see your avatar, stephaniescakenj! That cat looks pissed at having to wear what looks like a watermelon on his noggin! And now back to our program... icon_biggrin.gif

potatocakes Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:44am
post #291 of 2203
Quote:
Quote:

cakelurker wrote:
michellenj wrote:
potatocakes wrote:

Anyone else notice that ktbug and cakelurker never post back to back or even remotely close to each other? Must be because it takes a bit of time to log out of one username and into another, hmmm??????

Google is your friend.

Woops! Someone posted under the wrong screen name!!

Good catch, jam!!!!

cakesbyjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjen Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:44am
post #292 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanami

cakesbyjen & teamsterbabe - new emoticions! yeah! thank you. I thought the little detective guy was great, & i didn't even notice the mad hatter. princess.gif

i figured why should the first page emoticons have all the fun?!

hat1.gifshhh.gif

Mizuki Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:45am
post #293 of 2203
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

cakelurker wrote:
michellenj wrote:
potatocakes wrote:

Anyone else notice that ktbug and cakelurker never post back to back or even remotely close to each other? Must be because it takes a bit of time to log out of one username and into another, hmmm??????

Google is your friend.

Woops! Someone posted under the wrong screen name!!

Good catch, jam!!!!

Thanks! I've had almost a whole bottle of wine reading this! So much fun... icon_lol.gif

Aaris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aaris Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:46am
post #294 of 2203

Busted! I love it

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:46am
post #295 of 2203

OMG, this is too funny! If ya think long enough (and drink in enough), you can make any of this make sense, or all of it seem suspicious!

Ayanami Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:47am
post #296 of 2203

pee fast teamsterbabe! icon_razz.gif

& potatocakes, I wasn't refering specifically to KT when I commented on our lingo. I was refering to the idea of non-cakerators (just plain old customers) giving this forum any real interest. I would think that customers would come on here for the photo gallery only. ??

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:48am
post #297 of 2203

thanks skichic68 I love my lime kitty!

shhh.gif in the spirit of second page emoticon usage... this one kinda looks like she's picking her nose shhh.gif

Michele01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele01 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:49am
post #298 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsterbabe

All right...you got me...you got me!!! I have the straw in my vino and a bowl of Kettle Corn and thought I would put my 2 cent's in...

First of all...all the Columbo's out there....the OP said that the MICROWAVE was smeared with grease...not the fridge.
Second...who doesn't have a Fridge in their kitchen?

In the eight pages of speed reading I never saw anyone mention these facts.
ALSO why EVEN hire a baker 40 miles away when there are bakers in the OP's town? Does she not have a back seat or trunk in her car to transport this alledged "cake". It was obviously not a stacked cake because it could fit in a "gift box" from the Wal-Mart. And cupcakes...come on...WE all know those will sit nicely on the lap of someone in the car. MAYBE the chimney-smokin' mama???

Just throwing that out there...since I am sitting here reading this sippin' wine out of a box with a swirly straw!! icon_cool.gif

Better yet....if she comes on the cake central, she obviously bakes cakes. Why didn't she make it herself. I know I would never pay anyone to make my cakes anymore. I have even drove to my parents house 5 hours away from here with cake. But..that's just me. icon_smile.gif

mommakristin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakristin Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:49am
post #299 of 2203

I agree that this is a site for everything to do with cakes and such. Which is why I posted my last message about ktbug not being wrong for posting on here.

What I do think is wrong is that ktbug posted on here to "warn" future customers of this baker. I don't know of many non-cakerators that are actually CCrs. So that kind of defeats her purpose if that was truly what she is trying to do.

Mizuki Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:50am
post #300 of 2203

OK, where are y'all getting these emoticons?! They are cracking me up!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%