Putting Down The Cake Club!!!!!!

Lounge By 2sdae Updated 15 Mar 2008 , 1:51pm by moreCakePlz

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 2:12pm
post #481 of 2524

I was really surprised how much drinking the fortified juice and milk helped. It keeps you full and gives you good energy too. My weakness is when I have to cook dinner for my family and I'm drooling over the pots and doing dishes as they eat so I don't have to look at the food any longer than I have to! icon_cry.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 2:48pm
post #482 of 2524

No cheat Wednesday, here I come! I need all the no cheat days I can handle since my daughter is going to practice M&M brownies this weekend icon_cry.gif It's a small recipe (for an 8x8 pan), so hopefully DH & the kids will eat it all!

-Lisa - off to find skinny(er) jeans

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 4:13pm
post #483 of 2524

Well, I don't think I'm losing any weight this week, but my house certainly is sparkling!! I'm cleaning anything and everything to keep myself occupied! I don't know how you SAHMs do it! I stayed home for a brief period a few years ago and steadily gained until I was at my heaviest ever.
DD just grabbed a pudding cup for a snack and told me she needed the 'milk proteins' LOL! At least we're all conscious of what we're eating.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 7:09pm
post #484 of 2524

Hi guys!

I am dying here. my regulare computer is on the fritz so I had to come down stairs to use our old computer which is sooo slow and away from the kids. I have a few minutes while my youngest is taking a nap and the other is occupied with a movie.

I had to get down here to get some motivation not to order pizza tonight! My son's school has a fundraiser thing and you are asked to order pizza and the school gets some of the proceeds. Anyway normally I can resist but tonight my hsuband wont be home. That is when I really have the desire to do something easy. But I dont want to ruin my good week! Plus it is weigh in day tomorrow and I am really hoping to have lost some! While i havent been perfect, I have tried harder than any other week so far. I know I will screw it up with pizza tonight. Okay no pizza. icon_cry.gif I would just regret it tomorrow anyway. Okay, thanks for letting me work that out.

Dont let those little snackies get the best of you!

shelbur10 Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 7:28pm
post #485 of 2524

Pizza isn't that good anyway.

(now I have to keep telling myself that...)

Just wondering, has anyone ever tried hypnosis for weight loss? It sounds too easy.

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 7:32pm
post #486 of 2524

Merissa think of it this way, if you break down and have the pizza you'll just wash it down with a big double portion of guilt, taking away from all the enjoyment of having the pizza in the first place.

I think yesterday was rock bottom because today has gone much better. I'm feeling a little better and have stuck to my Good Mood eating plan so far today. I'm having poached salmon and steamed veggis for lunch. I finished all my errands first thing this morning so I wouldn't be out and about at lunch time. Dinner may prove to be a problem as it's haircut night which means we won't be home again until 6:00 and usually eat out, but if that should happen I am so hitting subway for my fast food.

And now I think I will try out my new dance tape. 10 minute chunks of dance/cardio. Kinda hard to say I can't find 10 minutes hear and there to dance around the living room.

Keep up the good work, the day's half over. (Well on this side of the continent anyway)

2sdae Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 7:56pm
post #487 of 2524

We got this ladies..... if I can hold off on eating my white-almond sourcream cake and bavarian cream filling with IMBC icing than pizza is just a cardboard with smooshed tomatoes!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Let's see if I make it through filling, torting and decorating..... icon_sad.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_razz.gificon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif

shelbur10 Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 9:09pm
post #488 of 2524

Tuesday, I'm drooling!!!

GOOD LUCK!

springlakecake Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 11:09pm
post #489 of 2524

Success! I didnt get pizza, no double portion of guilt! Thanks, I just needed to talk it through!! I was actually starting to read the south beach diet book. I think I might give it a go. I need something new to follow. I have been sort of picking a choosing between diet plans and piecing them together. I dont think it is working icon_confused.gif !

So my husband is out with a friend whooping it up tonight, so I think I might take my photos and measurements tonight (I still havent done it, even though it was my idea!) But I will just set up the tripod, dust off the bikini and see what happens. I am not planning to take more or do measurements again for 1 month. Give it some time. Oh wouldnt it be nice to have a bikini body this summer icon_rolleyes.gif . We live just minutes from Lake Michigan and the kids love to go to the beach.

Well another day is almost over! Tomorrow is our big day...be safe tonight....!

bluehen92 Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 11:56pm
post #490 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellantehalima

Then if I get an urge to snack after dinner I will just reach for my water.

I find myself doing that during the day when I'm bored and wander to the fridge looking for a snack. I grab my water bottle & sip so I don't eat. It works for a little while, then I need to find something else to distract myself icon_wink.gif

-Lisa

Rambo Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 1:44am
post #491 of 2524

Okay ladies I was reading the headlines on the internet when I stumbled on this. Wait till you see what their basic diet consists of. See it's not that you can't have cake, you just have to triple your daily activity. icon_eek.gificon_razz.gif

http://health.msn.com/guides/weightloss/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100153227>1=8921

imtrying Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imtrying Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 12:55pm
post #492 of 2524

Alright, here it is weigh in day. I just got finished getting ready for work and had to talk myself into getting on the scale. I didn't know what would be waiting for me but it's part of the deal with all of us so on the scale I went. I couldn't believe it, I lost 2.5 pounds! I really have been working hard all week and doing better about snacking the last couple days, I'm so excited!

Goals for next week remain the same, water, exercise and smart thoughtful snacking.

Can't wait to hear all of your good news . . .

springlakecake Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 1:15pm
post #493 of 2524

Hi everyone...Weigh in time!

Start weight 150.8 Today's weight 149.2 Total: 1.6

So I lost 1 pound this week, better than nothing I suppose. I worked pretty hard this week, I wish it had been more! Keep going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

This weeks goals:

1. Drink 64 ounces water daily: MET
2. Stick to my diet plan 7 out of 7 days, but allow myself a piece of my son's 4th birthday cake (batman!) on Sunday.: SO CLOSE!
3. Exercise 4 times, 2 of which include weight lifting:MET
4. No eating from my kids plates unless it is vegetables (That doesnt mean fries or potato chips icon_cry.gif ): SO CLOSE
5. Loose 1-2 pounds by next weigh in:MET
6. Complete the challenges that I post for the group.: SO CLOSE!

I took my photos last night. Not too bad, but boy I rarely see myself from the back...needs work! Not ready for swim suit season! I also tried on pants this morning, not as tight as I though they would feel. I did pretty good on the challenges and met them except for the diet part, I was really close though.

This weeks goals
1. Follow phase 1 of south beach diet-no cheating!
2. Drink 64 ounces of water daily
3. Exercise 3-4 times
4. Loose 1-2 pounds and never get above 150 pounds again!

I would like to name my successor as Tuesday if she isnt in a coma by now from lack of food.

springlakecake Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 1:17pm
post #494 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo

Okay ladies I was reading the headlines on the internet when I stumbled on this. Wait till you see what their basic diet consists of. See it's not that you can't have cake, you just have to triple your daily activity. icon_eek.gificon_razz.gif

http://health.msn.com/guides/weightloss/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100153227>1=8921

I guess you cant have your cake and eat it too, or so they say!

2sdae Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 1:30pm
post #495 of 2524

icon_surprised.gificon_cry.gificon_wink.gif Feeling slightly emaciated but otherwise fine!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
No I am surviving just fine here. I got my scale and I was up to 130 last week but now am down to 127. But I can't really take credit for that. This fast has seen to that loss. But fortified juices and a total of 4 0z. of sharp cheddar cubes and 3 strawberries and 3 oz. of plain popcorn are heard to gain weight on. NOT A RECOMMENDED DIET PLAN!!!! icon_eek.gif This week Ladies let's focus on our exercises and being very aware of what we put in our mouth every time. Right down to sugarless gum and diet sodas. Everything counts and everything has a consequence wether it is a pleasant one or not so pleasant. So this week let's get those legs moving, buns jogging or running or what ever exercise you feel is appropriate. If we get this moving as a habit we will be little miss hotties by summer for sure! thumbs_up.gif

So my goals for the week:
1. exercise at least 4 times.
2. Get back to eating healthily<after friday when fast ends>
3. be the best cheer section I can be for all!

LET'S GET THOSE FAT CELLS ON THE RUN GIRLS, WE GOT THIS!!!!!

bluehen92 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 1:41pm
post #496 of 2524

I was dreading getting on the scale this morning because I snacked a little more than I wanted to last week. BUT, I lost 3 pounds!

Start weight - 170. Last week - 165. Today - 162. I was pretty impressed icon_biggrin.gif Total 8 pounds lost.

I'm keeping my goals pretty much the same for this week:
Treadmill 5 times, lift weights 2 times (only lifted once last week)
NO MINDLESS SNACKING
Drink water when I feel the need to snack

I haven't tried on my skinny(er) jeans yet today, but I will after I shower & see how far I have to go.

-Lisa

springlakecake Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 1:49pm
post #497 of 2524

Good job everyone! Everyone seems to be having a successful week! Keep it up!!!

2sdae Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 1:52pm
post #498 of 2524

We should all give ourselves and eachother a big round of applause for our continued effort and keeping ourselves in the game! We may slip up but we get up and keep on going..... party.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gifthumbs_up.gif

imtrying Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imtrying Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:05pm
post #499 of 2524

We are awesome! That's nine and a half pounds so far and we haven't even heard from everyone yet.

Good job everyone, I'm very proud of all of us for sticking to it (as much as we can), leaning on each other for support and celebrating in our victories.

We are on a roll now, we are sure to be whole new people by summer.

bluehen92 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:44pm
post #500 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtrying

I couldn't believe it, I lost 2.5 pounds! I really have been working hard all week and doing better about snacking the last couple days, I'm so excited!.

Great job! It's so nice when you can see that all your hard work is paying off thumbs_up.gif

-Lisa

bluehen92 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:48pm
post #501 of 2524

Skinny jeans update - I only have two sizes of jeans, the size I'm wearing now, and one size smaller. I just tried on three pairs of smaller jeans, and they all zipped and buttoned icon_eek.gif They're still tight around the waist, especially when I sit down, but maybe in another two weeks???

-Lisa

P.S. I'm hungry...I need my water bottle!!

springlakecake Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:04pm
post #502 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehen92

Skinny jeans update - I only have two sizes of jeans, the size I'm wearing now, and one size smaller. I just tried on three pairs of smaller jeans, and they all zipped and buttoned icon_eek.gif They're still tight around the waist, especially when I sit down, but maybe in another two weeks???

-Lisa

Awesome! We will begin to love the feeling of our pants falling down! I really hope I can loose some weight so I can feel like i can shop again. I havent bought myself many new things in the past year because I have always been hoping to loose some weight. I really need some new clothes!!

2sdae Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:38pm
post #503 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehen92

-Lisa

YAY!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif
Grab that water!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Rambo Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:46pm
post #504 of 2524

Well you all did GREAT this week. I on the other hand gained back 1lb - I weighed in at 222 this morning. But on the upside it could have been 5lbs with how hard I hit bottom last week.

It is a new week and I actually slept all night without the assistance of cold medicine so I think it's probably safe to start exercising again. I've decided squeezing in the gym/showering/dressing/drying etc...is NOT how I want to spend what little time I have without the kids and it is way too tempting to skip if that's what my plan is. SO...It's aerobics and dance tapes in the living room for a little while. Like I said yesterday, it's hard to convince yourself you don't have time to stand in your living room and dance around.

Goals this week:
Move - be it 10 minutes 3x's a day or 30 all at once
WATER!!!!
Back to the food journal and eating plan

I have also come up with a reward system. Works for my kids so what the heck. If I can reach my goals every two weeks (which are paydays)I'm going for a Pedicure or a Manicure to reward my hard work. If I can go two Months I'm splurging for a full body massage. Just a little carrot dangling out there to keep me motivated icon_lol.gif

Go team Go! thumbs_up.gif

2sdae Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:56pm
post #505 of 2524

Rambo, don't feel bad about gaining. Whe we started this I was 125 then went up to 130 and just now got back down to 127 only because I have been on this fast for church! icon_rolleyes.gif
But like I said earlier we may stuble but we get right back up and keep on goin..... thumbs_up.gif
Oh, and I totally agree with a goal and reward for achieving it. I myself am a lover or rewarding accomplishments.

Quote for today:
"A MINUTE ON THE LIPS, A LIFETIME ON THE HIPS!" < Not for us, we will shrink those hips, thighs and tummies!!!!!

shelbur10 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:05pm
post #506 of 2524

Good morning, sorry I'm so late this morning!! Sounds like everyone had a FANTASTIC week!! Well, I have a no news is good news reports, I guess. I had a very tough week, but I didn't gain any, I'm holding steady. I had a hard time with all of my goals except my daily water intake. I NEED to get serious and conquer this block I'm having. I've been on steroids for a few weeks now and I am STARVING all the time. I am going to turn to my water this week to help me out.

This weeks gain/loss - 0 lbs
Goals for the week: keep drinking water; keep portion sizes small; drink water when snack urge hits; start the food journal already! (this one scares me...)

springlakecake Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 6:25pm
post #507 of 2524

Everyone is so positive today! Great job! I think we all need a good attitude in order to achieve our goals. If you are not feeling particularly positive I think our club is a great way to get back in the mood. I find myself coming here to check messages a lot when I am feeling like I want to eat something I shouldnt. I am often able to talk myself out of it when I read all of the positive messages. This morning too, I almost didnt get out of my cozy bed to go to the gym. But I started feeling guilty that I wouldnt meet my exercise goal if I didnt. I am really feeling accountable!!

Hey Shellie,
I really dont know much about steroids and how they must be affecting your body (like you said it make you feel hungry) but have you looked into foods that are supposed to make you feel full longer? I wonder if that would help at all? Like high fiber things, low carbs, low sugar, even some healthy fats (like olive oil), lean proteins? Just a thought.

shelbur10 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 7:05pm
post #508 of 2524

I did dig into a bowl of Cheerios last night when I was feeling hungry and that seemed to stick with me. I'm just trying to hang in there, I will be done with the meds pretty soon. I'm just grateful I haven't started gaining yet!! I'm tempted to ask my dr. if I can take an appetite suppressant with them, but I'm already taking so many other things, I can barely keep track of them!! icon_confused.gif Don't want to stress my system any more than I have to!

bluehen92 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 7:06pm
post #509 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

Hey Shellie,I really dont know much about steroids and how they must be affecting your body

Steroids also make you retain water icon_mad.gif

-Lisa

shelbur10 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 7:41pm
post #510 of 2524

I didn't know that...that's great news!! Maybe I didn't do as bad as I thought...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%