Operation: Weight Loss Motivation

Lounge By mmdd Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 4:18pm by Anna31

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 2:57am
post #2461 of 2466

Well, I did work out last Friday like I said I would...it wasn't for very long through since I was tired.
I also exercised again tonight and on Wednesday I plan on going to bally's for a yoga and pilates class in one to see what it's like.
Keep on truckin' everyone!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:52pm
post #2462 of 2466

Hey everyone!
I got sick on Sunday and didn't feel better until yesterday, came down with a case of strep throat and I missed 3 days of work.
I had no appettite and barely ate anything, but always made sure to stay hydrated and eat something small when I felt up to eating. I lost almost 5 pounds because of loss of appetite.
I'm slowly starting to get my appetite back, so I'm make sure to try to eat healthy things so that I don't gain back everything I lost.

Anna31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anna31 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:27pm
post #2463 of 2466

Hello Ladies! I'm back!!!! It's been a long time since my last post. To tell you the truth, I hadn't been trying very hard anymore. I was very discouraged by the brick wall (plateau) I have been at for almost a year now. icon_sad.gif But I have GOOD news!! I finally went to the Dr. and found out why! I have PCOS. Not so good news there but at least I have a diagnoses and treatment. My Dr. says that women with Polycystic ovarian syndrome have a terrible time losing weight. It's a hormone thing. It also messes with your insulin somehow. So she put me on YAZ a birth control pill and told me to get Chromium tablets. Not sure what the Chromium does but the pill is supposed to level out my hormones and let me lose weight again and it will also help immensely with my PCOS symptoms. Anyone know what Chromium does for you?? She also told me that women who have this should eat as though they have diabetes! I'd never heard that before. She said to increase my protien by 10% and decrease my carbs by 10%. So I am excited about the prospect of being ABLE to lose weight again. I'm not worried about the PCOS. It can be handled with the meds. I should be fine and live a long life. And now I have hope that my life won't have to be lived weighing this much. I am not obese but I'm not happy with my weight either. My ultimate goal is 150 lbs. I'm 5'6", and am 32. So I have about about 25 lbs. to go. Have been on WW for almost two years and it was really working for me till I hit the wall. So am going to keep going with that and get back to working out for an hour a day, take my meds, and do the protien thing. Also, I got some good advice from my Aunt who is a Nurse and who has lost a rediculous amount of weight this past year. She is a size 8 and is in her fifties. Anyway, she told me to eat any kind of protien for Breakfast instead of cereal. It stays with you longer and it doesn't make you crave sweet things right after you eat it!

Anyone else have PCOS? I'd love to hear your stories, what meds you are on and how you are losing weight. Thanks!

Oh, and it's good to be back!!! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

Anna

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:38pm
post #2464 of 2466

Hi Anna!! At least you know now!! The Sugar Busters Diet is good for diabetics! I gotta go but I hope everything works out for you!!

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:24pm
post #2465 of 2466

Anna,

I have PCOS - just found out this past spring. The nurse was very vague when she told me - basically only told me that it would be harder to conceive if we wanted to get pregnant again and that my cycles would be all out of whack. No further information about it and they didn't prescribe anything. I am going to the OB/GYN on Monday for an unrelated visit so I am going to grill him and get all of the details. I have been having anxiety / mood issues and I have heard that PCOS can totally mess with that.

Someone recommended a website (there was a thread in the lounge a few weeks ago about PPMD and PCOS) and it's www.soulcysters.com that seemed to have a lot of good information.

I'll let you know what my doctor says on Monday about my growing list of PCOS questions!

Anna31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anna31 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:18pm
post #2466 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckkerber

Anna,

I have PCOS - just found out this past spring. The nurse was very vague when she told me - basically only told me that it would be harder to conceive if we wanted to get pregnant again and that my cycles would be all out of whack. No further information about it and they didn't prescribe anything. I am going to the OB/GYN on Monday for an unrelated visit so I am going to grill him and get all of the details. I have been having anxiety / mood issues and I have heard that PCOS can totally mess with that.

Someone recommended a website (there was a thread in the lounge a few weeks ago about PPMD and PCOS) and it's www.soulcysters.com that seemed to have a lot of good information.

I'll let you know what my doctor says on Monday about my growing list of PCOS questions!

Hi! Yes, be sure to ask everything you can think of. Go in there with a written list! I bet they didn't prescribe you anything because you were planning on more kids. I think the first thing they prescribe for this is a birth control pill. I think the Chromium is for my weight loss issues, not the PCOS. Good luck on your appt! Thanks for the website info!

Anna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%