Posted by cakesdivineI created this cake due to my LOVE of the combination of dark chocolate and mint.
Thin Mint Cake
- 1 sleeve or 1 cup Finely crushed Girl Scout Thin Mint or Keebler Grasshopper cookies. 1 Dark Chocolate Fudge Duncan Hines Cake Mix (or use your fave Dk. Choc. Scratch recipe) 3 eggs 1 cup water 1/3 cup Creme De Menth Liqueur 1/2 cup oil Ganache: 12 oz Dk. Choc or semi sweet chips, 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream, 1/2 stick of SALTED butter Your fave buttercream recipe green food coloring
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on box substuting the additional 1/3 cup water for Creme De Menthe (green or clear is fine) After fully blended fold in 3/4 cup of the crushed cookie crumbs. Make sure you have preped your pan with parchment paper and Bakers Joy or your fave oil/flour spray. Fill pan and bake until done.
- Use my Most Moist Cake method of wrapping the cake fresh from the oven in Press NSeal wrap and place in freezer. It is best to let freeze over night.
- When ready to frost, mix the remaining cookie crumbs intor your favorite buttercream recipe and then add a little of the green food coloring to make it a mint green color. Ice the cake with a thin coating of icing. To really make this icing pop you can add about 2 tablespoons of the Creme De Menthe as well. Refrigerate the cake and prep the ganache.
- In a glass microwave safe bowl heat the whipping cream and butter to a boil. pour in the chopped chocolate or the chips into the boiling mixture and allow to sit for about 2 to 5 minutes. Then take your wisk and mix until all chocolate is melted. Then take out the cake and pour immediately to enrobe the cake in the ganache. Decorate with the remaining buttercream icing as you wish.